Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Support > Support::General Support

Support::General Support Post all topics here having to do with errors while trying to connect to an EQEMu server but not about the setup/running of the Server itself.

Old 04-14-2004, 10:12 PM
loganhammer
Fire Beetle

Default Reply

May want to add this as a problem. Occasionaly when I try and connect, I can make it as far as the server select screen, the screen minimizes for a second while loading. While its mined I get an error message from EQgame and it crashes.

I am running Windows xp. I have deducted that it may be my connection blinking out, since at times it a tad unstable. I get the same sorta deal if I am not patched up. But sometimes it happens even if I am patched properly.
Old 04-22-2004, 01:29 PM
Aniron
Fire Beetle

Do you know if eqemu will work in windowed mode like regular eq? I keep going to the character select screen, selecting my character and getting booted out. I tried everything you mentioned above and got no where... but i'm running it windowed. Do you think that has anything to do with it?
Old 04-23-2004, 08:55 AM
ahncu
Fire Beetle

Default 1010

i'm getting a 1010 error when i try to log on to server screen the registration worked fine, but this isn't ><
any help?

oh, i've also changed the server (1,2,3) around a bunch of times, none of them seem to work =\
Old 05-04-2004, 04:31 PM
wdrng123
Fire Beetle

Amazing post samandi!! This is the only one I've found that has instructions on how to complie with perl quest system enabled

Thanks!
Old 05-15-2004, 03:10 AM
PlagueMonkey
Fire Beetle

Ok ...this is probly a mistake caused by me mistyping something or overlooking something ....anyway everything has gone fine untill i get to running world.exe ...when i do that i get disconnected messages and then it says at the bottom that my msql server has rejected my name and password. ive gone over everything a few times and nothing ....im running 0.5.6 with the most recent eq patches also ..so maybe a problem there ...im just now bothering with this and saying fuck paying SOE more money lol ...anyway ..atm i have my comp connected to no network ..i am simply trying to run my own server for me and possably select friends so i dont see how i am being disconnected ...let me know what i can do.
Old 05-15-2004, 03:57 AM
mikenune
Discordant

• Problem 1: To fix the "MySQL server has gone away" error message, type the following in MySQL:

Quote:
    USE mysql;
    GRANT ALL on eq.* TO 'user'@'localhost' IDENTIFIED BY 'password' WITH GRANT OPTION;
    Be sure to replace user and password wity your actual username and password (the ones you specified in db.ini). Additionally, eq should be replaced with the name of your database and, if your MySQL server is on another computer, replace localhost with the IP address of that computer (both are also specified in your db.ini file).
  • Problem 2: EQEMu 0.5.6 no longer works with EQ. If you have a compiler such as Microsoft Visual Studion .NET 2003) then you can download the latest developer release of the source from http://cvs.biosprite.net/ and compile it. Otherwise, you're SoL until a "release" version is available from SourceFORGE.
Furthermore THE POSTER assumes no responsibility and makes no warranty, guarantee,
or representation for the content of any web or FTP sites linked to or from this
post.

THE POSTER reserves the right to change the terms, conditions, and notices under
which THE POSTER presents information. It is the responsibility of THE READER to
regularly review these terms, conditions, and notices. THE READER understands that
the reading of any content including or covered by this disclaimer constitutes THE
READER's acceptance of and agreement to such changes.

THE POSTER retains the right to in any way alter the content of this post at any
time with or without prior notice to THE READER.
Old 05-27-2004, 06:55 AM
jasdar2
Fire Beetle

Default eqemu error 2006

ok so if I have done everything according to the guides and have tested and checked to see if my username/password works and it does. the db file is set right, everything I can figure out from the guides and all is set to what it is suppose to be then why when I boot my server boom 2006 error.....is it just picky or is there something else I am missing that I have probably overlooked
Old 05-27-2004, 08:08 AM
mikenune
Discordant

As explained in the very first post on this thread: the 2006 error is a MySQL permissions related one.

Basically, it's saying that EQEMu can't connect to your MySQL database because of a bad username/password.

The simplest (and WORST) way to fix this is to give EQEMu the "root" username and password. (Note: DO NOT DO THIS!!!! IT'S A BAD IDEA!!!)

Barring that, the best thing to do is make sure you've run the series of statements in my last post. Be sure to replace the words in yellow with your information.

Quote:
USE mysql;
GRANT ALL on eq.* TO 'user'@'localhost' IDENTIFIED BY 'password' WITH GRANT OPTION;
Once you have run these statements, you can easily check if they worked by attempting to log in to MySQL as your EQEUm user. This is by running the following statements from the command prompt.

Quote:
C:\> cd \mysql\bin
C:\mysql\bin\> mysql -u user -p eq
This should make MySQL prompt you for your password. Be sure to use the same one you used when running the GRANT statement.

If you can get logged in, then everything should be fine! If not, then I'd try using a MySQL administration program like winmysqladmin (shipped with MySQL, it can be found in the C:\mysql\bin folder), or MySQL-Front.
Furthermore THE POSTER assumes no responsibility and makes no warranty, guarantee,
or representation for the content of any web or FTP sites linked to or from this
post.

THE POSTER reserves the right to change the terms, conditions, and notices under
which THE POSTER presents information. It is the responsibility of THE READER to
regularly review these terms, conditions, and notices. THE READER understands that
the reading of any content including or covered by this disclaimer constitutes THE
READER's acceptance of and agreement to such changes.

THE POSTER retains the right to in any way alter the content of this post at any
time with or without prior notice to THE READER.
Old 06-14-2004, 05:10 AM
jasdar2
Fire Beetle

QUOTE : As explained in the very first post on this thread: the 2006 error is a MySQL permissions related one.

Basically, it's saying that EQEMu can't connect to your MySQL database because of a bad username/password.

The simplest (and WORST) way to fix this is to give EQEMu the "root" username and password. (Note: DO NOT DO THIS!!!! IT'S A BAD IDEA!!!)

Barring that, the best thing to do is make sure you've run the series of statements in my last post. Be sure to replace the words in yellow with your information.

Quote:
USE mysql;

Once you have run these statements, you can easily check if they worked by attempting to log in to MySQL as your EQEUm user. This is by running the following statements from the command prompt.

Quote:
C:\> cd \mysql\bin
C:\mysql\bin\> mysql -u user -p eq

This should make MySQL prompt you for your password. Be sure to use the same one you used when running the GRANT statement.

If you can get logged in, then everything should be fine! If not, then I'd try using a MySQL administration program like winmysqladmin (shipped with MySQL, it can be found in the C:\mysql\bin folder), or MySQL-Front.

Ok thakks for the info I would have replied sooner but been busy lately. This is what I am not understanding at the dos prompt i can access mysql by typing the "test" thing mysql -u (username) -p and it prompts me for a password and I enter it and it works fine comes up with the mysql and all the other stuff. So my access should be ok it excepts it which is great I go back run world.exe and then comes up again with the 2006 error now how can it allow me to access it through a prompt but when I run world.exe it does the mysql gone away stuff.. that is what I am not understanding and haveing problems with. That is the fix I am looking for.

Sorry for all the trouble and confusion..

Jassy D.
Old 09-14-2004, 04:14 PM
gryzlnad
Fire Beetle

Ok, I installed/updated EQ and I did the "EQ for Dummies" thing. I got the game up and running and when I join a server it will load up to the character screen. I start to log with a character and it loads for a bit then just kicks me to server screen. Does this mean I WILL have to reinstall or what?
Old 09-14-2004, 11:33 PM
Melwin
Fire Beetle

Quote:
Originally Posted by gryzlnad
Ok, I installed/updated EQ and I did the "EQ for Dummies" thing. I got the game up and running and when I join a server it will load up to the character screen. I start to log with a character and it loads for a bit then just kicks me to server screen. Does this mean I WILL have to reinstall or what?
The EQ for Dummies guide specificly states that it does no longer work and won't until EQEmu catches up to Live again.
Old 10-01-2004, 12:37 AM
dark_one
Hill Giant

Default asd

haha, owned.
Liscadipesce
Baron-Sprite
Khan
Skynet
Necromancer Guild

Member of "Free DarkOne from his solitude and deban him from IRC"

Old 10-03-2004, 07:10 AM
mrea
Discordant

Default Dark_one

Is this is all you do dark_one? From what I heard before I am beginning to believe all you do is spam useless things and don't actually add anything to the community besides another jackass.

Anyways, back to the real problem. I'm getting a 10053 trying to connect to my own server. It loads up the character select, but each time I try to 'Enter World' the zone server chosen to load up whatever zone im in crashes. Running zone from a command windows displays a lot of info which I'll post below. It appears to be related to AA's in the DB or something like that.

Code:
C:\EQEmu>zone . eqemu.vision-core.com 7991 localhost
[Status] CURRENT_ZONE_VERSION: EQEMu 0.5.9-DR2
[Status] Loading Variables
[Status] Loading zone names
[Status] Loading items
[Status] EMuShareMem loaded
[Status] Loading npcs
[Status] Loading npc faction lists
[Status] Loading NPC Faction Lists from database...
[Status] Loading loot tables
[Status] Loading Loot tables from database...
[Status] Loading doors
[Status] Loading Doors from database...
[Status] FileLoadSPDat() Loading spells from ./spells_us.txt
[Status] FileLoadSPDat() spells loaded: 6289
[Status] Loading guilds
[Status] Loading factions
[Status] Loading corpse timers
[Status] Loading what ever is left
[Status] Loading commands
[Status] command_init(): Warning: Command 'help' defaulting to access level 0!
[Status] command_init(): Warning: Command 'version' defaulting to access level 0
!
[Status] command_init(): Warning: Command 'serversidename' defaulting to access
level 0!
[Status] command_init(): Warning: Command 'loc' defaulting to access level 0!
[Status] command_init(): Warning: Command 'flag' defaulting to access level 0!
[Status] command_init(): Warning: Command 'si' defaulting to access level 0!
[Status] 166 commands loaded
[Status] Entering sleep mode
Connected to worldserver: localhost:9000
Map ./Maps/gfaydark.map not found.
[Status] Weather should change in 1542 seconds
Init: Loading zone lists, zone state or spawn list, player corpses
Zonepoints loaded into memory
, timezone data - Done. ZoneID = 54; Time Offset = 0
Successfully loaded Zone Config.
[Status] Loading Objects from DB...
[Status] Loading Ground Spawns from DB...
[Status] Loading doors for gfaydark ...
[Status] Done loading doors for gfaydark ...
Error in GetAASkillVars 'SELECT cost, max_level, hotkey_sid, hotkey_sid2, title_
sid, desc_sid, type, prereq_skill, prereq_minpoints, spell_type, spell_refresh,
classes, berserker,spellid FROM altadv_vars WHERE skill_id=0' #1054: Unknown col
umn 'hotkey_sid' in 'field list'

C:\EQEmu>
*EDIT* Also using the PEQ Classic 5.8 DB btw
Old 10-03-2004, 07:23 AM
Derision
Developer

Default Re: Dark_one

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrea
Error in GetAASkillVars 'SELECT cost, max_level, hotkey_sid, hotkey_sid2, title_
sid, desc_sid, type, prereq_skill, prereq_minpoints, spell_type, spell_refresh,
classes, berserker,spellid FROM altadv_vars WHERE skill_id=0' #1054: Unknown col
umn 'hotkey_sid' in 'field list'
Try sourcing this file into your database, it adds the column you are missing:

http://cvs.sourceforge.net/viewcvs.p...mp;view=markup
Old 10-03-2004, 07:36 AM
mrea
Discordant

Default Again...

Haha, sorry to bother you again, and well, so fast heh, it looks like it needs ANOTHER AA table:
Code:

C:\EQEmu>zone . eqemu.vision-core.com 7995 localhost
[Status] CURRENT_ZONE_VERSION: EQEMu 0.5.9-DR2
[Status] Loading Variables
[Status] Loading zone names
[Status] Loading items
[Status] EMuShareMem loaded
[Status] Loading npcs
[Status] Loading npc faction lists
[Status] Loading NPC Faction Lists from database...
[Status] Loading loot tables
[Status] Loading Loot tables from database...
[Status] Loading doors
[Status] Loading Doors from database...
[Status] FileLoadSPDat() Loading spells from ./spells_us.txt
[Status] FileLoadSPDat() spells loaded: 6289
[Status] Loading guilds
[Status] Loading factions
[Status] Loading corpse timers
[Status] Loading what ever is left
[Status] Loading commands
[Status] command_init(): Warning: Command 'help' defaulting to access level 0!
[Status] command_init(): Warning: Command 'version' defaulting to access level 0
!
[Status] command_init(): Warning: Command 'serversidename' defaulting to access
level 0!
[Status] command_init(): Warning: Command 'loc' defaulting to access level 0!
[Status] command_init(): Warning: Command 'flag' defaulting to access level 0!
[Status] command_init(): Warning: Command 'si' defaulting to access level 0!
[Status] 166 commands loaded
[Status] Entering sleep mode
Connected to worldserver: localhost:9000
Map header: 74949 faces, 4817 nodes, 124159 facelists
Loaded map: 224847 vertices, 74949 faces, 0 branch nodes, 0 final nodes
Map BB: (-2693.16 -> 2766.28, -2803.81 -> 2717.22, -98.53 -> 801.81)
Map ./Maps/gfaydark.map loaded.
[Status] Weather should change in 11756 seconds
Init: Loading zone lists, zone state or spawn list, player corpses
Zonepoints loaded into memory
, timezone data - Done. ZoneID = 54; Time Offset = 0
Successfully loaded Zone Config.
[Status] Loading Objects from DB...
[Status] Loading Ground Spawns from DB...
[Status] Loading doors for gfaydark ...
[Status] Done loading doors for gfaydark ...
Error in GetTotalAALevels 'SELECT count(ability) from aa_levels where aa_id=2' #
1146: Table 'eq.aa_levels' doesn't exist

C:\EQEmu>