Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Support > Support::General Support

Support::General Support Post all topics here having to do with errors while trying to connect to an EQEMu server but not about the setup/running of the Server itself.

Closed Thread

Old 11-02-2004, 08:30 AM
Dilittle
Fire Beetle

Default Cannot login with accounts created since late last night.

Ok all of my friends are about to play and we all have accounts except 1. She tried to make an account and when we she trys to login in game she gets invalid user/pass.

So I was like ok she must be doing something wrong or typing something wrong. So I tried creating a new account for her. Same thing. The account shows up in my profile as being created. I wrote everything down checked it and rechecked it I know I am doing it right. Is something wrong with the account creation servers or something? I type in my old account that I have and it logs in just fine. Any new account is not working. Can anyone please help.
Old 11-02-2004, 09:10 AM
MSIMagus18
Sarnak

Im having the same problem. Finally got past the others I have and it even shows Fates Destiny under my quick connect. But when I enter my log in info it says the exact same thing even though I KNOW im entering the right info.
Old 11-02-2004, 10:33 AM
Wein_C
Fire Beetle

Same problem here.

I can get to the login screen but entering the Login name and pw gives me a "invalid accout/password" window.

I am fairly sure that my eqhost.txt and eqgame.exe shortcut is setup exactly as mentioned in the various play guides here.

[LoginServer]
Host=newlogin1.eqemulator.net:5994

<eqhost.txt is set to read only>

"C:\Program Files\Sony\EverQuest\eqgame.exe" patchme

P.s. I've had no problem connecting to EQlive, so maybe something going on with EQEmu accounts?

*Fiddled with it some more; tried the scorpion2k patch. It looks like it's just the login server rejecting me account/pass. I've tried to change my password for login account, but the server is still rejecting it. Could some admin possibly look into this?

Thanks
Old 11-02-2004, 12:39 PM
hypershadow66
Banned

are you sure you are making a login account as well? Your forum account isnt what your supposed to put in, its the login accnt and pass.
Old 11-02-2004, 12:49 PM
MSIMagus18
Sarnak

99% positive and the other guy said he is 200%. Actually im 200% as well because I created a SECOND acount just to test it and neither of mine work! And know its that acount because when I go to EQ log in and click on acount it brings you to that page.
Old 11-02-2004, 01:06 PM
Wein_C
Fire Beetle

Yes, I've checked my login account and password several times just to make sure.

http://www.eqemulator.net/eqchangepass.php

That's the page I went to.

While trying the Scorpion2k Patch, something funny happened...
I can't connect with the host file provided in the patch, HOWEVER, I can connect to :5994 (btw, my login account/pass worked for this)but gives me 0 out of 7 x-pack and emtpy server list. After trying to re-login, I get 4/7 x-pack but still empty server list...

Currently very confused, will try to look around for the empty server list problem...
Old 11-02-2004, 01:15 PM
MSIMagus18
Sarnak

Quote:
While trying the Scorpion2k Patch, something funny happened...
I can't connect with the host file provided in the patch, HOWEVER, I can connect to :5994 (btw, my login account/pass worked for this)but gives me 0 out of 7 x-pack and emtpy server list. After trying to re-login, I get 4/7 x-pack but still empty server list...
Yep same thing here. I can swith my eqhost and it will let me in on 994 but no servers show up. If I switch it to another my screen just goes black then back to windows.
Old 11-02-2004, 01:20 PM
Wein_C
Fire Beetle

Hmm, well, I am beat; I'll get a friend to try this, see what happens...
Old 11-02-2004, 02:42 PM
THC-used
Fire Beetle

im with them on the servers denying our requests, ive created 3 accnts, and none of them work once i try the login. invalid username psswrd... i also tried the scorpious2k server patch, no progress their ither. im looking for somone for help! plshelp!
Old 11-02-2004, 02:47 PM
THC-used
Fire Beetle

i did what you guys did, i also got the same reaction you did..... most peculiar. no servers up, and it says i own 0 of the 7 expansions. when i own all. i wounder what its about!
Old 11-02-2004, 02:54 PM
kweeky
Fire Beetle

Same here.
Old 11-02-2004, 03:04 PM
THC-used
Fire Beetle

the only connection i see.

we are all n00bs

we all dont know whats wrong

the info we were given is out of date? it seems the scorpious files give us something.. what is/are the differences between thoes 14 files.... why cant we log in when not using the scorpious files , but can log in when we use them, but we have no server choices.!?
Old 11-02-2004, 03:08 PM
hypershadow66
Banned

whats your EQHost.txt say THC-used?
Old 11-02-2004, 03:11 PM
THC-used
Fire Beetle

this is what it says

[LoginServer]
Host=newlogin1.eqemulator.net:5994
Old 11-02-2004, 03:12 PM
veers13