Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Support > Support::General Support

Support::General Support Post all topics here having to do with errors while trying to connect to an EQEMu server but not about the setup/running of the Server itself.

Old 12-27-2008, 08:34 PM
imanlyman
Fire Beetle

Exclamation Login Server Down?

Who are we supposed to contact when there is issues with the login server? No one can connect, without spamming login attempts! Please advise.
Old 12-28-2008, 04:41 AM
Arcaan
Fire Beetle

Ya it is getting to be pretty frustrating as this is happening often yesterday it was down over 12 hours. There seems to be nobody really monitoring it because it goes down for long periods of time.
Old 12-29-2008, 12:30 AM
TetsuoK
Fire Beetle

thirded.

THis is stupid. I've been trying to login the last 4 and a half hours. TO no Avail. It is ridiculous. What the hell is the point, anymore?
Old 12-29-2008, 12:31 AM
trevius
Developer

If you can get to this website to post, then the login server is up. They run on the same PC and there are no problems right now and it has been fine all day. So, if you are having an issue logging in, it is on your end. What is the message your are getting when trying to log in exactly? You aren't even able to get to the server select screen?
Old 12-29-2008, 01:46 AM
TetsuoK
Fire Beetle

When I get to the server select screen, it is blank; there isn't a single server displayed.

It has been doing this all evening.

I haven't changed a thing to my configuration on my computer between today and yesterday; that which would cause this.
Old 12-29-2008, 02:07 AM
TetsuoK
Fire Beetle

Step 1) Run eqgame.exe -patchme (like i always have)

Step 2) Enter account name (TetsuoK) & password

Step 3) Click connect

Step 4a) "A Connection to the server could not be reached etc etc
b) "Error: Timed out
c) "Logging in" -- 5 or 10 minutes goes by and I restart program. go to step 1)
d) I get to server select screen and everything is blank
e) I get to server select screen and it lists my servers, I click on my preferred Server (VZ/TZ) and then am told "A connection error occurred"

Forced to go to Step 1.

Been doing this the last 5 hours. Its ridiculous. I havent' changed anything in my system since yesterday, and it worked fine all the way until 4am this morning.
Old 12-29-2008, 02:09 AM
TetsuoK
Fire Beetle

wanted to also add: When I navigate www.eqemulator.net in my web browser (And leaving it up in the background) , i have a greater success rate in getting to the server select screen,but only marginally so. Might be out of coincidence.

From command prompt, I have pinged the eqemulator.net server numerous times and only received a success rate of about .03% in a single return by my logs.
Old 12-29-2008, 08:55 AM
TetsuoK
Fire Beetle

FYI: With no changes with my setup, With no changes with my LAN, WAN, or ISP Network config, I finally logged in at 1am PST.

All pings stayed the same to all other locations I was bouncing it to.

I just managed to get on to the eqemulator.

The login server needs work.
Old 12-29-2008, 05:34 PM
Kobaz
Hill Giant

traceroute shows traffic being dropped at the gateway from reach to infolink from here. I'm not convinced it's the server.
Old 12-29-2008, 06:18 PM
KLS
Administrator

Login server does need work but trust me this time it was your connection.
Old 12-29-2008, 07:02 PM
Angelox
AX Classic Developer

A lot of people I've helped , swore up and down, their PCs where not the culprit - I can tell you, if you browse a lot of 'underworld' sites, get a lot of 'free' software, and/or exchange email without protection. then you probably have 'donated' much of your bandwidth to the 'internet snakes', which in turn will slow you down with online games, etc.

This link has a compilation of links and things I do, when I help friends clean up their polluted pcs.
Even if you don't think I'm right, even if you think you're OK - you should try this anyway (it will only make your PC better ).
Old 12-31-2008, 12:50 AM
imanlyman
Fire Beetle

Every person on the server has the same problems at the same time. Thats 100+ people on our server. I dont think that its client related.
Old 12-31-2008, 06:03 PM
trevius
Developer

Yes, the login server has had issues as was already mentioned in this thread. We are saying that in this particular case, it wasn't a login server issue, it was client side. No one else had the problem at the time that this guy was.
Old 01-02-2009, 06:26 AM
TetsuoK
Fire Beetle

well, i did everything in that faq/guide described. It made a noticeable difference in speed on my computer, and I was analyzing packets with wiseroot. I didn't have any spyware doing anything rude to my system, but I did have alot of registry that was obsolete.

I disabled QoS and that made a world of difference for sustaining connection and eliminating lag death.

weebroot however did not have a working link.

Maybe look that one up again when you have some freetime.

Thanks for the advice, but i'm still noticing connection problems to the login server.
Old 01-02-2009, 08:34 PM
Aena
Fire Beetle

Default This might help....

I had problems like this once, everyone else was connecting but I couldnt and what it came down to was my DNS cache was fucked up some how so I fixed the issue by flushing DNS cache.

Dunno what system you using but here is a guide for both.

Windows
````````
at command prompt type:

c:/ipconfig /flushdns

you should get a message like:

successfully flushed the DNS Resolver Cache

Linux
````````
In Linux the nscd daemon handles DNS Cache so to flush you need to restart the nscd daemon.

at console type:

/etc/init.d/nscd restart

Also
``````````
On both Windows or Linux take a look at your HOSTS file and make sure eqemulators loginserver address isnt stuck in there with 127.0.0.1 infront of it. Heh, ya sounds stupid but happened to a friend of mine and we couldnt figure out what was stopping him from connecting to loginserver turns out localhost was infront of the loginserver address in his HOSTS file.

Hope the DNS Cache Flush helps you. Take care.