Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Support > Support::General Support

Support::General Support Post all topics here having to do with errors while trying to connect to an EQEMu server but not about the setup/running of the Server itself.

Old 06-22-2014, 10:24 AM
joligario
Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Astal View Post
Also if anyone could do me this favor, compile the 32bit server with vc++ 2013 and send me the exes maybe this is a problem with VC++ 2010
Done: https://github.com/EQEmu/Server/wiki/EQEmu-Binaries
Old 06-22-2014, 11:08 AM
Astal
Hill Giant

those are built with 2013? they are not valid win 32 applications, u sure u did 32bit

yeah u might wanna recheck em, im on xp and its saying not a valid win 32 application

thanks for tryin tho

unless maybe you just uploaded the wrong ones i dunno
Old 06-22-2014, 12:52 PM
joligario
Developer

Yes, I'm sure. Now that you mention XP, I'm thinking they aren't backwards compatible on an XP machine. I'll build one on an XP machine for you to try if you want. Clarified the build on GIT.

EDIT: Hmm, or maybe not. I forgot I dumped my XP virtual machine...
Old 06-22-2014, 07:26 PM
lerxst2112
Demi-God

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/jj851139.aspx
Old 06-22-2014, 08:10 PM
joligario
Developer

Ah, I wonder if Express doesn't allow it. I'll toy around with it.
Old 06-22-2014, 08:51 PM
Astal
Hill Giant

yeah i dont think u can use 2013 on xp i tried, oh well no biggy ill just wait to work on my server till next month when i get more ram, also if anyone has ddr 2 2gb or bigger sticks for sale lemme know haha i hate to spend 50-60 bucks on 2gb
Old 06-22-2014, 09:03 PM
lerxst2112
Demi-God

Although those instructions refer to 2012 even though they are marked as for 2013, I do have the 120xp and 110xp toolsets available in my 2013 express installation. That may be because I also have 2012 installed, but worth a shot.

I don't believe your issues are related to 32-bit or XP, since the shared memory error relates to not being able to create the file. I suspect your working directory or the permissions of the shared directory are the issue. I tried to eliminate the working directory as a problem by asking you to run it from the command prompt but you didn't, so I gave up.
Old 06-22-2014, 09:20 PM
Astal
Hill Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by lerxst2112 View Post
Although those instructions refer to 2012 even though they are marked as for 2013, I do have the 120xp and 110xp toolsets available in my 2013 express installation. That may be because I also have 2012 installed, but worth a shot.

I don't believe your issues are related to 32-bit or XP, since the shared memory error relates to not being able to create the file. I suspect your working directory or the permissions of the shared directory are the issue. I tried to eliminate the working directory as a problem by asking you to run it from the command prompt but you didn't, so I gave up.
I ran it from a command prompt, how does that eliminate the working directory as the problem? The file is still held in that folder in windows? Im confused, ive ran shared mem from a command prompt, same error as I posted in the image
Old 06-22-2014, 11:47 PM
lerxst2112
Demi-God

The screenshot you posted showed it being run from explorer. Running it from a command prompt after you cd to the directory ensures the working directory is correct, where running it from a batch file wouldn't. It also ensures that any output from the program would remain in the window for you to copy/paste.

I would delete the shared and logs directories, empty the trash if you use the recycle bin, then reboot. After that, from a command prompt navigate to the server directory, create both the shared and logs directories using mkdir, then run shared_memory again. There should be output both in the command prompt window as well as a log file in the logs directory.
Old 06-23-2014, 03:47 AM
Astal
Hill Giant

Quote:
The screenshot you posted showed it being run from explorer. Running it from a command prompt after you cd to the directory ensures the working directory is correct, where running it from a batch file wouldn't. It also ensures that any output from the program would remain in the window for you to copy/paste.

I would delete the shared and logs directories, empty the trash if you use the recycle bin, then reboot. After that, from a command prompt navigate to the server directory, create both the shared and logs directories using mkdir, then run shared_memory again. There should be output both in the command prompt window as well as a log file in the logs directory.
k i did run it using cd on command prompt but ill do that
Old 06-23-2014, 05:13 AM
Astal
Hill Giant

Quote:

k i did it, same error as before, nothing in logs
Old 06-23-2014, 05:14 PM
Scorpious2k
Demi-God

Start over. Use the guide to set up a vanilla system with the PEQ database. Run it.

If it works, then we change ONE thing at a time until it breaks.

The last thing changed is what is wrong.

This will be much better than everyone guessing at what is changed and what is going on.
Old 06-23-2014, 07:18 PM
lerxst2112
Demi-God

Any there are no files at all in the shared directory?

The problem is that MemoryMappedFile doesn't give nearly enough information to troubleshoot this without either changing the code or running it in the debugger. At a minimum you'd need to know the requested size that's passed in and what GetLastError() returns when it fails.
Old 06-24-2014, 03:47 AM
Astal
Hill Giant

Quote:
Any there are no files at all in the shared directory?

The problem is that MemoryMappedFile doesn't give nearly enough information to troubleshoot this without either changing the code or running it in the debugger. At a minimum you'd need to know the requested size that's passed in and what GetLastError() returns when it fails.
is there any way to find that out?

Yes there are files in the directory up to base data
Old 06-24-2014, 05:34 PM
Uleat
Developer

What is the highest Item ID in-use in your database?

Compilin' Dirty