Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > General > General::Server Discussion

General::Server Discussion Discussion about emulator servers.
Do not post support topics here.

Old 07-21-2008, 05:42 PM
cage17
Fire Beetle

Default Congrats

You have vindicated your upstanding guild from our horrible and tyrannical dictatorship!

You were truly victims in this matter. Now stay out and go drive the rest of the PEQ player base insane with your endless complaining. =)
Old 07-21-2008, 05:48 PM
So_1337
Dragon

As I explained, Tukaraak's script didn't work fine. It didn't shout across all zones when he died for the first time. I was in there today testing why. Found out I'd put the custom scripts in for three of the four, just not his. So I killed him to get it written to the database (so it wouldn't fire and give a false positive next time). During the course of my testing, I'd #damaged Ventani to death since she was working, as a test. I simply forgot to force a repop before I left. I made this clear to you when we spoke, and rectified it immediately. If you have such a problem taking me at my word when it's been so solid, I really don't care to have you here anyway.

As for the screenshot, so? The Velious gear you keep bringing up are Velium Fire Wedding Rings. They're available on a merchant in Plane of Knowledge, which was opened in the early days of the server. (Please check any PEQ database, if you're aware of how. You don't seem content to take me at my word, so verify it yourself.) Everyone had access. This was before Kunark, even. Even then, as soon as I saw them on her, we went and got some Adamantite Bands out of Guk just to not raise a fuss. I find that a lot more forgivable than a whole guild of people farming Droga to hell and back without ever mentioning to me that it's the revamped version.

I kept her honest like I kept you honest with the Droga gear. And all I ever got from you guys was a load of complaining for it. I'd much rather do this for people who appreciate it, and it seems there's no shortage of those now. Had a few tells already thanking me for kicking you guys off the server, and I'm having to explain it wasn't my doing =P

Ah well. Get over it, go have fun somewhere else.
Old 07-21-2008, 05:50 PM
cage17
Fire Beetle

Don't bother man, our server is dead without Havoc. They told us so themselves, there's no one left except us!! ...and the other 20+ people currently logged in, but we are supposed to not count them, or something.

Our poor server! = (
Old 07-21-2008, 08:55 PM
trevius
Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by So_1337 View Post
I have a mind to post login server IDs and account names here, just to save other server admins the hassle of dealing with you all. That, or I hope you wind up with someone a lot less patient than myself, who shows you how big of an asshole they can be if they were actually trying to screw you.
If you don't feel comfortable posting them, would you please PM them to me at least?

I have seen So_1337 be nothing but helpful on these forums and he seems to have great character. I trust his judgment and for all of the work Server Admins put in for the community to enjoy, I think some just don't grasp the amount of work it takes. Making demands and being just plain rude doesn't fly on my server. Overall, I think my server is a very nice and thankful player-base.

If the accounts already exist on my server, I won't ban them flat out if you give them to me. But, they won't be getting any warnings if I start getting reports on them or having issues with them. Normally I try to give 1 warning to players before I consider banning them. About 99% of the time, that clears up any issues. The other 1% of the time, I just have to ban the offending account(s).

Mainly, I just like to know who to watch out for. There are some problem players that tend to jump from server to server, and it would be nice if we could all avoid those types of players right off the bat.

I am not trying to get involved in this dispute in any way. But, if I was having issues with a player on my server, I would hope that other admins would heed my warnings if I went as far as to post them (which I have in only 1 case so far).
Old 07-21-2008, 10:29 PM
xexllama
Sarnak

A lot of people were confused with some of the people Green is referring too.

Example: a few members of the guild Havoc were banned, when they weren't in the dispute at all.

Personally my only issue was hell, Tissi can summon anything and everything, as long as progression wasn't tampered with. But as soon as progression was tampered, I left the server. I was alerted today and did so, then I expressed my opinions. If that makes me a troublesome person, I'll personally PM you my IDs.

My last .02, Later
Old 07-22-2008, 02:26 AM
xXxSQUALxXx
Fire Beetle

I wasn't on so I don't really understand... Why did the entire guild get banned?

Those "rude" things that were mentioned were presented entirely out of context. Most of them were said in jest and worded for that fact to be apparent.

I believe I would be the one who supposedly said "I demand you unlock all of the AAs since I'm maxed out!" When all I did was state that I was running out of things to spend my AA's on and hoped very much they would open level 61 with one of the following expansions. I was given the "probably not we would be too overpowered/its been done" response and the issue ended there.

As to the bringing the mob back to 23% after the crash, I don't think it was an unreasonable request to bring up on an emulated server where I was told on the first day that your only rule was not to be "hardass". Once we were denied the issue wasn't really pursued either.

And yes, our guild leader asked you to leave until we were finished raiding because shortly after your arrival the zone began to lag horribly and then we crashed (twice!). You didn't have to leave, it was just impossible to do anything under the circumstances and since we were there first we had "camp" entitlement we asked. Besides, it seemed like your guild complied with our request (this could be wrong since i wasn't doing /who every 5 minutes).

As for banning the entire guild. You may feel it acceptable to ban not only the offenders, but also those associated with the them because it's "your personal sandbox," expertly driving your foot into "thoseish poeple's" faces. But by banning so recklessly you trample over hours of effort which people have trustingly placed in your hands.
"But I didn't guarantee you anything, this is my server and you are just a guest!" No, no you didn't give us any guarantees. We were just kind of hoping you were decent.

-Galah Lamah OUT

P.s. kas/steel/tun you guys heard/going to play darkfall? You should really check it out if not.
Old 07-22-2008, 03:10 AM
Boo
Fire Beetle

correction: when this post was made NONE of us was banned, so this was not a "ok you banned me i'll trash your server" post, it was basically saying that if your going to play on this server heres what you get, and Trevius i asked you for a time we could talk on your server so i can give you the full story, and lamah we're playing on Etherdark.
Old 08-19-2008, 06:24 PM
Redik
Fire Beetle

Bump.

What up guys

Just to clear some things up... Not everyone went to Etherdark. <The Others> was created after Havoc was no more. Unfortunately constant LDs are killing the server right now... slowing the progress.
Old 08-19-2008, 07:30 PM
So_1337
Dragon

Yeah, sorry about that. Main problem is that we've been testing the 1126 and 1127 code in order to give better feedback regarding the group code, and it has some known issues.

I'm going to revert to 1125 until 1128 is posted, and that should solve any problems. Hope you're having fun =)
Old 08-20-2008, 07:25 PM
Redik
Fire Beetle

Thanks - No issues last night.
Old 08-20-2008, 08:07 PM
So_1337
Dragon

No problem. And grats on AoW =)
Old 09-14-2008, 08:41 PM
Redik
Fire Beetle

Umm this server vanished?
Old 09-15-2008, 03:44 PM
So_1337
Dragon

Hey folks.

The Cincinnati area got pounded by a severe windstorm yesterday afternoon. The power at our apartment has been out since 4 PM Sunday, and the power at my office as well (where the server machine is).

Estimates are ranging from 2 days all the way until the weekend, but it will be brought back up ASAP. Definitely not within my power to do anything about it right now. In fact, we're at someone else's house right now just to shower with hot water and recharge our electronics.

Take care, we'll keep you posted. Check this thread or the server list for the latest. Thanks.
Old 09-15-2008, 06:28 PM
Redik
Fire Beetle

Quote:
Originally Posted by So_1337 View Post
Hey folks.

The Cincinnati area got pounded by a severe windstorm yesterday afternoon. The power at our apartment has been out since 4 PM Sunday, and the power at my office as well (where the server machine is).

Estimates are ranging from 2 days all the way until the weekend, but it will be brought back up ASAP. Definitely not within my power to do anything about it right now. In fact, we're at someone else's house right now just to shower with hot water and recharge our electronics.

Take care, we'll keep you posted. Check this thread or the server list for the latest. Thanks.
Thanks for update, my guess was right. I heard Ohio got hurricane force gusts
Old 09-15-2008, 06:58 PM
So_1337
Dragon

90% of Duke Energy customers are experiencing outages. Thankfully, Lauren and I were invited over to stay with someone who is in the 10%.

Still over 600,000 people without power. Apparently they sent a bunch of people down to Houston to help out, and then we got hit with a ton of damage =P