Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Support > Support::General Support

Support::General Support Post all topics here having to do with errors while trying to connect to an EQEMu server but not about the setup/running of the Server itself.

Old 09-17-2008, 09:56 PM
Boo
Fire Beetle

Default Adding Models to Existing Items

I've been screwing around with #wc and found a bunch of items that I would love to have items but can't find anything around the net on if it's even possible to put that model on an existing item.

Say for the shield graphic (227) to be put on a regular shield.
Old 09-17-2008, 10:01 PM
trevius
Developer

Try checking the IDFile field out. More info in the wiki here:

http://www.eqemulator.net/wiki/wikka...uDBSchemaitems
Old 09-18-2008, 09:15 AM
So_1337
Dragon

It's definitely possible. Here's a quick tutorial:

Find what item you want it to look like on Lucy. Say I want to put the Sword of Truth graphic on a different sword. At the top right, go to "Raw". Scroll down until you find "idfile", and grab that value. In this case it's IT10025.

Now, let's find what item we want to put it on. Let's say we want it on Greenmist, item #5127. (The item IDs in the database match up with Lucy's system, as you probably already know; just saying it in case you hadn't caught it.)

Let's put a query together now, based on those:

Code:
UPDATE items SET idfile = 'IT10025' WHERE id = 5127;
We're changing the ID file in the items table where we find that value. Just run this query in MySQL or Navicat or whatever database tool you're using, and you should see the new graphic after a reboot.

Between this and the material field, you can really affect the look of weapons and armor. It really bothers me that Torque of the Wyrmlord and Seru's Torque don't have graphics when you wear them on your arms or wrists, so I usually add a graphic to them if I get tired of looking like a lizard wearing a wifebeater. I know Lauren always insists that her mace look pretty, so I had to update the graphic on Blackstar to something sparkly.

I'm off topic now, I think I answered everything for you =P Send me a PM if you still have interest in those queries, I'll send you what I have.
Old 09-18-2008, 09:18 AM
So_1337
Dragon

Actually, I should clarify. Do you mean the actual icon that shows in the inventory? Or the way that the item looks when it's equipped? The method I explained above changes how things look when equipped. The Amorphous Cloud of Air is a great shield graphic, and I've used it to replace more boring shield graphics in the past (like the Buckler of Insight from the Dozekar quests).
Old 09-18-2008, 06:06 PM
Boo
Fire Beetle

Default thanks alot

I mean the way it looks when it's equipped, thanks alot cause i couldn't find anything through searching. If there was a rep system i'd +Rep you both =P.