Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > General > General::General Discussion

General::General Discussion General discussion about EverQuest(tm), EQEMu, and related topics.
Do not post support topics here.

Old 08-09-2014, 10:09 AM
noudess
Discordant

Default faction min/max - discussion about how mod is applied

I'm looking for thoughts on faction levels and how the mods are applied.

When you kill a mob, the faction hit is applied to your personal faction, unless you are already max/min.

The question of if you are already max/min, checks your personal #s AND your modifiers. Hence, if you are an Erudite (-1000 vs Kerra) and you're personal #s against Kerra is (-500). it considers that maxed out at -1500.

My problem with this is as follows:

- An erudite can never get more than -500 additional faction hits against him for Kerra
- Any race with less of a racial mod, CAN.

So, if I go trash my faction for days with my Erudite, I end up -500 (-1500 with mod). If I do the same thing with a High Elf, my personal faction damage goes down to -1500.

Now, if both of those chars are illusionists, the Erudite can cast illusion high elf and become NON-KOS while the Hgh Elf has no recourse.

It seems to be that personal faction data should range -1500 to 1500 regardless of modifiers. Thus an erudite can get down to -1500 (and the mod takes him to -2500). Then an illusion high elf would only get them back to -1500. So once tanked all the way, the illusion does not do the trick anymore.

Is that inconsistant with live? Or were illusions really that powerful that you can tank a faction all you want in another form and still not be KOS (as an Erudite in high elf form can now do in Kerra on eqemu)?

I know where to change the code, I just don't want to get away from what live did - if I am unbalancing something.

Thoughts?