Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > General > General::Server Discussion

General::Server Discussion Discussion about emulator servers.
Do not post support topics here.

Old 01-05-2006, 04:55 PM
Ellie
Sarnak

Default Guild Wars Clone Server Up

There is now a GW clone server up. It will be up for a few months until GW actually opens. It is virtually identicle to GW (i.e. rules, spawns, points, etc.).

Leveling a character takes almost no time, so lets get some people playing. All you guys who like GW and those who want to try it should log on and start leveling.
Old 01-05-2006, 06:11 PM
devn00b
Demi-God

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellie
There is now a GW clone server up. It will be up for a few months until GW actually opens. It is virtually identicle to GW (i.e. rules, spawns, points, etc.).

Leveling a character takes almost no time, so lets get some people playing. All you guys who like GW and those who want to try it should log on and start leveling.
LAWL
LAWL
LAWL

Okay now that thats out of the way. I highly doubt your spawns are anywhere near as accurate as GuildWarsDB. I also highly doubt your db is as clean as the GuildWarsDB. To make such claims is kinda laughable at best. You can claim all day long to have a server like guildwars but when you say things like your database is "Virt. Identicle" I have to call bullshit.

What database are you using? PEQ? Or some other aberration. Either way I can say with 100% confidence that its nothing like the real GuildWarsDB. Dont make claims you cant backup. I guess i'll have to come on your server and see how "close" it is.

Also the upcoming GuildWars features a totaly revamped ruleset, as well as much much much cleaner code. Image has been working his ass off the last few days and the code ive seen is the cleanest in the EMU. And realy, who knows the EMU code better than image and myself?
Member of the "I hate devn00b" Club
Most Senior EQEMu Member.

Current Work: EverQuest 2 Emulator. Zeklabs Server
Old 01-06-2006, 04:49 AM
Kambic
Sarnak

My steak smells like pee, too :(
Old 01-06-2006, 07:48 AM
Cisyouc
Demi-God

Quote:
Dont make claims you cant backup. I guess i'll have to come on your server and see how "close" it is.
Devnoob: That goes for you too. Perhaps they do have a very similar database? Seeing as you've stated you've never played on the server, you can't exactly back up that claim either.
namespace retval { template <class T> class ReturnValueGen { private: T x; public: ReturnValueGen() { x = 0; }; T& Generator() { return x; }; }; } int main() { retval::ReturnValueGen<int> retvalue; return retvalue.Generator(); }
C++ is wonderful.
Old 01-06-2006, 08:52 AM
Letania
Sarnak

no EQGuildwars database is complete without me!
Old 01-06-2006, 10:23 AM
devn00b
Demi-God

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cisyouc
Devnoob: That goes for you too. Perhaps they do have a very similar database? Seeing as you've stated you've never played on the server, you can't exactly back up that claim either.
Oh but I can. No public database can compair plain and simple. I can back up my claims quit easly. Shall i get on the server and start posting every difference? if you like I can...However im not the one making huge claims.

My database isnt derived from some other database. My database isnt a public database. Never was.
Member of the "I hate devn00b" Club
Most Senior EQEMu Member.

Current Work: EverQuest 2 Emulator. Zeklabs Server
Old 01-06-2006, 01:36 PM
RangerDown
Demi-God

It depends on what your definition of "virtually identicle" (sic) is.

We've beat this horse over and over before... let's not do it again.
<idleRPG> Rogean ate a plate of discounted, day-old sushi. This terrible calamity has slowed them 0 days, 15:13:51 from level 48.
Old 01-07-2006, 04:41 PM
Silenteer
Sarnak

Ehem.

The database used on the GuildWars clone that is up at the moment, is the one that was used by Defiance of Harmony, it doesnt compare to GuildWars's Database, and nothing ever will, don't be such a gayboy Devnoob, i remember you DESTROYING the last few GuildWars versions, DONT BE A POO POO.
Old 01-08-2006, 12:53 AM
mattmeck

my dad can beat your dad up!!!
Old 01-08-2006, 01:46 AM
gottasummer
Discordant

This is just crazy... guys, either you like it or you dont, if you don't suggest what can be done, or try to help out.

I havent done guildwars in ages, maybe it is time to just give up on it for now until it is ready to go back in... its good for him if he has his own little guildwars setup, if he thinks he has it and really doesn't, thats fine too, as long as he is happy with it, there is no point in fighting.
Old 01-08-2006, 06:55 AM
Demi-God

March 17th, 2006 4 the win!
Member of the "I hate devn00b" club.
Old 01-10-2006, 12:56 PM
Burnfist
Fire Beetle

Quote:
Originally Posted by devn00b
Oh but I can. No public database can compair plain and simple. I can back up my claims quit easly. Shall i get on the server and start posting every difference? if you like I can...However im not the one making huge claims.

My database isnt derived from some other database. My database isnt a public database. Never was.

WOOT DEVNOOB DRAMA FOR THE WIN

Devnoob grow up seriously, when will you??? Do you seriously have friends? Let be doubt it....
Old 01-19-2006, 09:04 PM
Daiken
Fire Beetle

Default I'm coming back...

And hopefully gonna bring some of the other ED crew. Kick some ass Old sk00l style~ Newbs will die! ^^

Last edited by Daiken; 01-20-2006 at 05:09 AM..
Old 01-22-2006, 01:59 PM
Blitzkrieg
Fire Beetle

As long as Veteran isn't gonna be around for this one I'm all game. Also, I was told DevNoob wasn't going to be a part of this edition of GW? Cuz if he is I am sure as hell not playing

-Pkme Nowplz <Ninja Pirates>
Old 02-16-2006, 05:00 AM
wooshi
Fire Beetle

Default and whats wrong with Veteren

lol why hitting on Veteren? nice to be rememebred what is it 3 years now lol.

Guildwars was very good I really enjoyed it, didn't enjoy the gm's being guilded in rival guild lot of accusations ect made up with no actual proof of a crime commited.

Serious though Devnoob I thought was cool, Image well needs people skills or maybe it's his age I dunno. LOl also please vet your Gms. That male GM posing as female Gm and in game marrying lews was lol evil.

End of the day it's a game and if it needs donations to keep it going Im more than happy to help and not expect anything back in return but a fair server policed fairly.

NOT a gm coming into our city and wiping out our whole guild and guards as a werewolf event lol and a letting rival guild claim our city unharmed.

Serious that was kinda low.
As leader of Seraphim back then we brought mad Pvp and a fight to anyone that wanted it . no pvp and no competition = boring.

Anyway take my word on this Ill be around for any good Pvp emulators that pop up and prepared to bring good competition to make it interesting.