Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > General > General::Server Discussion

General::Server Discussion Discussion about emulator servers.
Do not post support topics here.

Old 12-13-2005, 01:39 PM
1Boppoom1
Banned

Default Server back BopGaming

Well its been about 2 years since i ran a server and then it was 24/7. Most people might have remembered it as Brell Serilis LOL so origonal. Anyways...

I have a new server out thats running 24/7 and should be very stable.

Server Stats:
EqEmulator 0.6.2DR1
Dell OptiPlex GX2600
Windows XP Intel Pentium 4
CPU: 2.40 GHz
512 MB RAM (soon to be upgraded once christmas hits)
4MB/s DSL Connection

So yeah thats back up and running under a new name of BopGaming until i find something better.

Some will prolly ask if theres Gm positions so ummm yeah there is just visit http://boppoom.no-ip.org to submit your application.

Cya around!
Old 12-17-2005, 08:44 AM
1Boppoom1
Banned

Default Server Closed

The server has been closed cause no one really plays eqemulator anymore so with all the servers that are open i figured people who want to play can play on those because whats the use of one more server right? well anyways, wish you all the best of luck! Cya round!
Old 12-17-2005, 01:33 PM
Belfedia
Demi-God

here are players on EQEMU but it is not enough to put on a server to make them come :(
http://eqfroggy.new.fr : Froggy French Server Website.
Old 12-18-2005, 05:01 AM
Sarepean
Discordant

I imagine we'll get quite a few back once we hit live compatible again (me included). I was so involved in doing everything else, I missed the patch for 6.2 and 6.3 compatibility. =P
Old 12-18-2005, 11:08 AM
lucindrea
Fire Beetle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarepean
I missed the patch for 6.2 and 6.3 compatibility. =P
yep , thats why i'm in limbo ..
Old 12-21-2005, 08:49 AM
lordnoob
Sarnak

~RD~ Pointless trolling and flaming is against this board's community rules. Please review them before posting further. This may well be your one and only warning. ~RD~

Last edited by RangerDown; 12-21-2005 at 09:36 PM.. Reason: Trolling content removed
Old 12-22-2005, 06:45 PM
1Boppoom1
Banned

Default sorry ignore.... misunderstood

sorry ignore.... misunderstood

Last edited by 1Boppoom1; 12-23-2005 at 02:51 AM..
Old 12-23-2005, 01:09 PM
lordnoob
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by lordnoob
~RD~ Pointless trolling and flaming is against this board's community rules. Please review them before posting further. This may well be your one and only warning. ~RD~
It's not pointless, he said the server was 24/7 yet only keeps it open for a couple days. Most servers don't have a lot of players at first. Empire had about 3 people online when it first came out. It took a couple weeks for it to grow. I'm just getting sick of people who aren't serious about running a server posted this crap.
Old 12-23-2005, 02:07 PM
_Kerosh_
Sarnak

Heh .

The server btw is Path of Chaos...

If Nick can solve the d/c and lag issues I'm having when I connect up to his server, I can start chain working almost every day all day. But for now, I can't really do much but spawn one guy every 30 minutes from the laggage.

: D

Not nick's fault either you know.
Old 12-27-2005, 08:21 AM
1Boppoom1
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by lordnoob
It's not pointless, he said the server was 24/7 yet only keeps it open for a couple days. Most servers don't have a lot of players at first. Empire had about 3 people online when it first came out. It took a couple weeks for it to grow. I'm just getting sick of people who aren't serious about running a server posted this crap.
ok yeah, my server is still dedicated, i just no longer have it named BopGaming and i am not main admin, i still host it but im letting Kerosh run his server, Do we have to remind you? this is for people who volunteer, we are making no profit off anything, So if your getting sick of people who cant keep their server up, then go back to [censored] everquest and pay to have the servers dedicated and always up [personal attack]!!!

Last edited by RangerDown; 12-27-2005 at 11:40 PM.. Reason: Two wrongs don't make a right
Old 12-27-2005, 03:53 PM
RangerDown
Demi-God

I know if there's one thing that can get the tempers flaring and the flames going, it's server criticism. Criticism in and of itself isn't prohibited on the forums, but let's keep it constructive. (Yes, it CAN be constructive, even if it usually is not.)

If you go back and read the forum rules, it's personal attacks that aren't allowed. Attack the idea, not the person. That's why I modded lordnoob's first post but left his second.

And last of all, keep in mind that the server ops ARE devoting their free, unpaid time to it. Unlike the gaming companies, they aren't getting any money for the time they spend developing, adding content, balancing, and resolving player issues. So cut them a little slack if things aren't perfect. If you as a player feel the server isn't to your liking for whatever reason, be it amount of downtime or otherwise, it might be time to move on to something that you'll like better.

I've already locked one server criticism post that went south today, so I'll give this one another chance. If I keep seeing what I've been seeing lately though, this one will be getting the padlock on it soon. Keep in mind that personal attacks are against board rules, so if I have to lock this thread because of that, this THREAD might not be the only thing getting locked.

Back to your regularly scheduled surfing...
<idleRPG> Rogean ate a plate of discounted, day-old sushi. This terrible calamity has slowed them 0 days, 15:13:51 from level 48.