Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > General > General::General Discussion

General::General Discussion General discussion about EverQuest(tm), EQEMu, and related topics.
Do not post support topics here.

Old 03-04-2011, 02:15 PM
Kroe
Fire Beetle

Default (easy) The Rebirth

(EASY) The Rebirth will be ready for full Launch on 3/11/11and is currently open for Beta Testing. We are currently using the name (That One Server) for Testing.Please remember if you have characters that were made during out Beta Testing they will be wiped on the full launch date. Be sure to download the spell files and graphic files posted here on our site.

Welcome to (Easy) The Rebirth we hope you enjoy your stay!

This server is designed by players who are interested in providing a level of service not found in the EMU community today. The primary focus is to remove the day to day grind found in traditional Everquest by developing content to keep the game fresh and interesting. While a lofty goal, we believe that the realization is possible with active GM(s) and development team to serve the users community. Thus, improving the gaming experience and removing delays typically found on other servers. No more waiting for reboots, broken content, unbalance classes , or absent GM to assist when issues need resolving. The days of untested code are over, we believe every fix, new content, item, class balance, or customization is fully tested before being released. The player base is not expected to test the content for us. Of course, it is foolish to believe there will not be bugs, the difference is there someone here to address those issues in a reasonable amount of time. Meaning active team members are available everyday to address the day to day problems both in and out of game. Again, the team is here to serve you and not ourselves, it's about the player experience!

Another strong belief demonstrated on this server, there are no "free rides". No back alley deals or free items given as favors, this is a completely legitimate server! Everything must be earned with no assistance from GM(s). Being this is such a fundamental part of the server, none of the GM staff or development team will play as normal users. Yes, they'll be in game, but they will not participate in progression or compete with the player base. We are here to sever the players.

New Content! Yes, new content is important in keeping the server healthy and players progressing. Everquest offers the framework of many zones to create content and challenge even the most advanced player while still accommodating the casual player or guild. Want to logon everyday to push the limits of content? We are here for you. Only have the weekends to play but still want to feel tied to the community and have more to do than grind for item X? We have your back! Special events are expected often with rewards that add value to game play, not just a token to pacify the user community.

Experts are on the job. The team knows Everquest! They have played live and experienced EMU(s) such that the knowledge of the game is not a limiting factor. Items, balancing, and content are not just dreamed up or theoretically created without verifying the end result. Meaning, work is done right and tested long before the players see the finished product. This includes grossly overpowered classes that stay in game to the point many players invest time in progressing those classes, only to find the nerf bat serving up reality after months of overpowered abuse. The team believes in keeping it real and not wasting your entertainment time progressing a class or item only to see it destroyed with the next reboot.

Come join us in experiencing the content you love with a team dedicated to serving the players!

http://easytherebirth.guildlaunch.co...php?gid=192960
Old 03-04-2011, 04:41 PM
Kroe
Fire Beetle

Default (easy) The Rebirth

We have set the name of the server as of today we will not be using (That One Server) we will now operate on our server name (EASY) The Rebirth.

Come Visit us.

http://easytherebirth.guildlaunch.com/
Old 03-04-2011, 05:05 PM
Secrets
Demi-God

I merged the two threads you had together; please refrain from double posting like you did.
Old 03-06-2011, 02:16 PM
KingMort
Banned

Old 03-08-2011, 09:33 PM
darkstallion69
Fire Beetle

This server is amazing. Nuff said.
Old 03-09-2011, 12:41 AM
Herield
Fire Beetle

Best of all there is always a GM to help with any problems and any bugs get fixed almost instantly, easilly one of the best servers in EQemu.
Old 03-10-2011, 09:56 AM
darkstallion69
Fire Beetle

Damn! Launches tomorrow, I am PUMPED.
Old 03-10-2011, 11:12 PM
tmoney2983
Sarnak

I have a fresh install of SoD, i DL'd all of the necessary files from your website, but i get a gui xml error trying to log onto the server. any explanation as to this?
Old 03-11-2011, 12:36 AM
sorvani
Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmoney2983 View Post
but i get a gui xml error trying to log onto the server.
You mean the red text that says there is a problem with your XML files? You get that even using the default UI logging in to Live anymore. Sony got lazy(ier)...
Old 03-11-2011, 12:43 AM
tmoney2983
Sarnak

no, i click on the server from the select screen, and then it starts like its gonna go to the loading game screen, but then boots me with the gui xml error message...my guess is something that is being downloaded into the files from the server specific files is causing a conflict, as i can log into other servers with my other installs just fine.
Old 03-11-2011, 02:21 AM
tmoney2983
Sarnak

possibly found the issue...it was the animation.xml file...it was causing error...as soon as i replaced it with the original i was able to log on just fine...possibly a corrupted file that needs to be looked at?
Old 03-13-2011, 11:12 AM
qlain69
Fire Beetle

GG, this is a direct steal of the EZ Server.

I was on there: Exact same mobs, dialogue, etc. Just a different hub.
Old 03-13-2011, 03:17 PM
Secrets
Demi-God

Quote:
Originally Posted by qlain69 View Post

I've talked to them about this and I will vote against them being green, much like I did for EQTitan for the same reasons. I am really getting sick of these clone servers, tbh.

We really don't police what goes on the loginserver. As far as I know, they did not get anything from the EZ server directly; they made everything themselves through collected information. That's fine, but we look down upon it here.
Old 03-13-2011, 03:38 PM
Kroe
Fire Beetle

Quote:
Originally Posted by qlain69 View Post

This is a untrue statement the mobs are different the script are different and yes the hub is different. This is a starting platform that is being changed everyday. It's intention was to give the EMU player base a familiar place to play without a direct copy of any ones server. We are going to end up with a fully custom DB in less than a month. This was NOT a attempt to take credit for someone else hard work and creation. Someone had a idea about a server and we had a way to adapt and recreate off that one.
If anyone took the time to actually read the original post or visit the website and or even spent more than 3 minutes in our server they would see that The Rebirth is very different.

Old 03-13-2011, 04:32 PM
Secrets
Demi-God

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kroe View Post
This is a untrue statement the mobs are different the script are different and yes the hub is different. This is a starting platform that is being changed everyday. It's intention was to give the EMU player base a familiar place to play without a direct copy of any ones server. We are going to end up with a fully custom DB in less than a month. This was NOT a attempt to take credit for someone else hard work and creation. Someone had a idea about a server and we had a way to adapt and recreate off that one.
If anyone took the time to actually read the original post or visit the website and or even spent more than 3 minutes in our server they would see that The Rebirth is very different.

I don't know how to word this exactly, but the reason I am biased against this server is because you were shady to me a few months ago and I didn't give you what you wanted, which was mind you the EZ server DB and quests. That's all. If it wasn't for that incident, I would've been fine with this whole project.

But hey, at least we're even with the two-faced stuff.