Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > General > General::News

General::News EQemu news posts.

Old 01-14-2015, 10:42 PM
epilz
Hill Giant

I agree. I just finished backing up everything, and I plan on doing a complete wipe tomorrow and using the windows setup guide. I tried that the first time with 2008R2 and I got the same exact CMake error, that was the only reason I installed the repack.
Old 01-15-2015, 05:09 AM
vsab
Discordant

Really, this is something that should be posted here:- http://www.eqemulator.org/forums/sho...=36481&page=21 - the repack is "as-is".

Code:
--snip-- Illegal characters in path
CMake is failing because you need to compile in a simple path like C:\EQ\Source\.

CMake does not like the file path "C:\EQ - AKKA'S PEQ REPACK\EQEMU SERVER". It probably doesn't like the spaces, the hyphen or the apostrophe (or all of them). Some versions of CMake don't like really long file paths either IIRC.

The purpose of the repack was to get people up and running with a working, stable server, but not to be bleeding edge, which is how I would count ROF2 development right now - commits are occurring almost daily on the main source code (admittedly not all ROF2 related).

I suspect Akkadius will update the repack eventually, but he does this in his spare time and is doing a ton of other things for EqEmu right now, not to mention I suspect he'd hold off until we're at another "stable" point in development.
Old 01-15-2015, 03:46 PM
epilz
Hill Giant

thanks for the info.
Old 01-20-2015, 11:54 AM
aoneone81
Fire Beetle

Default Hi I'm a bit confused here

Hello, I'm pretty new so please don't destroy me, but I'm so lost.

1. I installed the repack but how do I create a new account? In other words, What do I do in Heidisql to insert a new account? The one provided says name schecterx but no password so I can't seem to pass the login screen without inputting a password?

2. What should my eqhost.txt be? localhost:5998? Or 127.0.0.1:5998?

P.S. In the login screen, after I click 'connect' it hangs at "Logging into the server. Please wait..." so it seems to be trying to connect somewhere.
Old 01-20-2015, 12:55 PM
ghanja
Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by aoneone81 View Post
Hello, I'm pretty new so please don't destroy me, but I'm so lost.

1. I installed the repack but how do I create a new account? In other words, What do I do in Heidisql to insert a new account? The one provided says name schecterx but no password so I can't seem to pass the login screen without inputting a password?

2. What should my eqhost.txt be? localhost:5998? Or 127.0.0.1:5998?

P.S. In the login screen, after I click 'connect' it hangs at "Logging into the server. Please wait..." so it seems to be trying to connect somewhere.
http://wiki.eqemulator.org/p?Play_Gu...etting_Started

And if you hadn't followed those instructions your current installation -may- be "busted" (as in patched, thus not able to be used to play on EQEmu servers). So a fresh installation will be in order using the above link.
Old 01-20-2015, 02:52 PM
aoneone81
Fire Beetle

Default Thank you!

It seems to be working now. Great! One little itsy bitsy thing.

I noticed the mobs in the game never miss. Is there a way to change that so it's fair? Which table would I have to edit? Thanks in advance!
Old 01-21-2015, 03:18 PM
aoneone81
Fire Beetle

Quote:
It seems to be working now. Great! One little itsy bitsy thing.

I noticed the mobs in the game never miss. Is there a way to change that so it's fair? Which table would I have to edit? Thanks in advance!
Forget that last question, I figured that out, I have another question. How do I make it so that it doesn't show up in the server list? I would like to make it private because I'm not comfortable yet when other people join, (it's just family for now) Thanks in advance!
Old 01-22-2015, 05:47 PM
aoneone81
Fire Beetle

Default This is amazing.

Quote:
Forget that last question, I figured that out, I have another question. How do I make it so that it doesn't show up in the server list? I would like to make it private because I'm not comfortable yet when other people join, (it's just family for now) Thanks in advance!
Listen, I just wanted to add that it's been 2 days now and I'm floored. I haven't had this much fun in well, decades! I've always wanted a self running Classic Everquest (before Velious) where I can play by myself or with friends and don't have to worry about camp spots and/or names being taken and/or waiting in line for choice loots.

Lastly, it's stable! No random crashes and I can login anytime without setting everything up or shutting everything down. This is what I wanted.

I can't believe all the old classic spells are just like how Project 1999 is, the graphics look just like I pictured: Bards have that blue sparkle hymn of restoration, and all the spell graphics and models are 'old' which I LOVE! Everything here eminds me of Classic EQ back in 2000 and it took minutes to setup. Only thing I tweaked was the experience rates to make it a little more accelerated but that's it.

If someone out there can figure out how to make it so I don't have to broadcast my server in public and keep it private I would be forever grateful. Thanks again!
Old 01-22-2015, 06:27 PM
Uleat
Developer

Build and run your own login server. Then, only give your IP to people that you want to have access to it.

The same process applies to both WAN/LAN servers..just that LAN servers don't require the port-forwarding from your router.

Compilin' Dirty
Old 01-22-2015, 07:34 PM
aoneone81
Fire Beetle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uleat View Post
Build and run your own login server. Then, only give your IP to people that you want to have access to it.

The same process applies to both WAN/LAN servers..just that LAN servers don't require the port-forwarding from your router.
How would I build my own login server? I understand that eqemu_config has it pointed to login.eqemulator.net so do I simply change that to my ip? I've done this before but it just hangs when I connect so there must be more files that I have to edit no? I'm also aware that I would have to manually add a row for accounts but would that work as well?
Old 01-22-2015, 08:28 PM
Uleat
Developer

I haven't tested the repack..but, based on what I've read in this thread, you should be able to follow the guide with no problems.

http://wiki.eqemulator.org/p?Windows...Guide&frm=Main

Compilin' Dirty
Old 01-22-2015, 10:58 PM
aoneone81
Fire Beetle

Quote:
I haven't tested the repack..but, based on what I've read in this thread, you should be able to follow the guide with no problems.

http://wiki.eqemulator.org/p?Windows...Guide&frm=Main
Yeah, this page is very handy but: In this Akka's repack, there is no login.ini and that is where the database login needs to be configured. I've done repacks in the past, but this one seems to be missing this important *.ini file.

I have inserted an account into my sql and pointed the login server to 127.0.0.1 but again in the login screen it hangs with 'trying to connect'. I've tried setting eqhost.txt to point at localhost:5998, then 127.0.0.1:5998, and even my tcp ip address at 192.168.1.9:5998 but still no go. Something seems to be missing, and I can't seem to find how it runs without login.ini. Does anyone know? I know I'm missing an important step here..
Old 01-23-2015, 01:31 AM
Uleat
Developer

You can always access it directly from the repo:

https://github.com/EQEmu/Server/tree...ver/login_util

Compilin' Dirty
Old 01-23-2015, 11:43 AM
aoneone81
Fire Beetle

Quote:
You can always access it directly from the repo:

https://github.com/EQEmu/Server/tree...ver/login_util
Do you think if I place the 3 files into akka's repack it will work? (login.ini, login_opcodes.conf, and login_opcodes_sod.conf?
Old 01-23-2015, 05:32 PM
Uleat
Developer

As long as you copy the files, build the login server binary and update your configuration files, I don't see a problem.

I'm not sure how the repack starts the eqemu processes, so you would either need to add the login server to any provided startup batch file, or..
manually start the login server before initiating any start-up process.

It never hurts to make back-up copies of any files that you alter, for worst case scenarios.

Compilin' Dirty