Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Quests > Quests::Plugins & Mods

Quests::Plugins & Mods Completed plugins for public use as well as modifications.

Old 02-22-2010, 11:48 PM
nenelan
Hill Giant

16 => [ "2HS", "2HB" ] #Berserker

I gave them "2HP" in there as well. Biased as that is what I used for years on mine on live. =P
Old 02-23-2010, 12:15 AM
trevius
Developer

Thanks, I added 2HP into the primary types for Berserkers. I haven't really played one, so I wasn't sure if they could use it or not, lol.

Also, I haven't played a bard much, so I was curious if you guys know how bards normally wield their instruments. Do they normally have them in primary or in secondary slot, or either? Currently, I have it setting them in the primary slot and then leaving the secondary slot empty. Does anyone know which hand normally does the different music playing animations? I am thinking it might be the secondary hand that instruments look properly in for the animations. These plugins won't actually effect the music playing animations anyway, but I am just trying to see if I should put the bard instruments in their offhand, instead of setting them in primary and making them punch with them, lol. Seems like it would make more sense to either put a weapon in primary and the instrument in secondary, or to have nothing in primary and the instrument in secondary. I should be able to script it to handle that fairly easily, but looking for some feedback from someone with more bard experience than I :P

I could also add shields as offhand options for Rogues, and maybe Rangers, but I figured 99% of the time, people wouldn't want them to use shields anyway.
Old 02-23-2010, 01:28 AM
ChaosSlayerZ
Demi-God

in the old days of EQ bards always must had instrument equipped in Primary hand, and drums were 2-handed.

Years later SOE changed it so all instrument can be 1 handed in off hand, with appearance of weapon-instruments specially during PoP era.
In other words, today bard can hold anything anywhere.
Old 02-23-2010, 07:09 AM
nenelan
Hill Giant

Oh god I hated early era bards. Your DPS was crap with just that weapon in the offhand! :( I remember using sub-par instrument modifiers just because there were a very, very rare few that fit in offhand.

Rangers, rogues, and even monks and bards can use some shields in current state of affairs on EQ, however, it makes no practical sense for them to. The only time I've ever known my ranger friend to use a shield is if A) the tank is being useless or B) he is updating his eqplayers ranking (AC battles).

While it would be nice to have it as variety, would it be possible to weight it so that a shield popped in those classes' offhand ~ 15% of the time or something suitably small? I just have a hard time picturing any self respecting rogue use a shield. Would be a mockery at the safe house! :-P

Checking the weapon list. Can add 2hb for beastlords, as they were added to most of the monk ones.
Shamans can have 2hp removed, there is VERY few that are shaman usable, I can think of only one off the top of my head.
Rangers can use 2hp as well. Most of the current 2hps are War/SK/Ber/Pal/Rng. Not sure how viable/often they use two handers, but they can.
Druids: Traditionally the only slashers they used were scimitars (and that one war claw), however, there is no way of limiting that through the plugin. Afterall, how is the script to know if the blade is curved?

Last edited by nenelan; 02-23-2010 at 07:14 AM.. Reason: More Information
Old 02-23-2010, 07:56 AM
trevius
Developer

Thanks. I got 2HB and Staff added for Beastlord, and removed 1HS, since they don't have the skill. I also removed 2HP from Shaman, as that was one I was only guessing at. I added 2HP to Rangers too.

I don't think I will put shields on Rogues or Ranger. Even though they can use it, it would be extremely rare and conditional. If someone thinks their Rogues need shields, they can use the SetWeapons plugin or set it in the database themselves manually :P Same goes for any other odd cases. The purpose of the random weapon selector is to have the best result for the most cases possible.

I left 1HS on druids, since they actually do get the 1HS skill. The main thing that made me even add it in the first place is that the Druid 1.0 is a 1HS lol. It would be possible to expand the weapon hash even further and make it into a hash of arrays. I may even do that at some point lol. Then, we could set extra fields like if the item has a particle effect, or if it is an epic weapon model, or era it is from, or just about anything to describe them. That would be pretty awesome, since you would then be able to set exactly what type of weapons you wanted them to have based on whatever conditions are set in the arrays. Since there are 800+ entries in the hash, it would probably take quite a while to go through and add extra fields for each one of them, though. I made comments in the hash to split up the models for certain expansions at least as well as I could from memory. It wouldn't be too hard to add 1 or 2 fields to the hash just based on the comments I made for each weapon range. For example, the Paladin 1.5 could have the follow items added to it's array: [ "2HS", "EPIC", "1.5", "Paladin", "PoP" ]. Then, we could do searches for those fields that would let us choose more specific details for picking item models.
Old 02-23-2010, 12:23 PM
ChaosSlayerZ
Demi-God

you taking this list way too seriously =)
We are equipping npcs, not players.
i don't think anyone using this script will go "OMG WTF! That Orc Shaman is using a model from 2 handed spear and it was SK only!!!"

In the old days all of the available 2hp were shaman usable, but later 2hp added were rarely so, simply cause it was pointless for a caster/priest to use a 2h weapon since it was always more beneficial to use 1h + shield for more stats and of course added AC.
Other funny thing is that Barbarian Shaman can use old era Axes =) yes the do not have the skill but they can use them =) It was a lore thing =)

Rangers/Rogues/Bards would probably only use shields till 17, when they get dual wield.
BUT - you guys still remember that npcs on Emu DO NOT get dual wield until 45? (still waiting for that one to be fixed =P)