Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Support > Spell Support

Spell Support Broken Spells? Want them Fixed? Request it here.

Old 04-07-2015, 09:13 AM
Bandor
Hill Giant

Default Custom Pets

So ive been working on a quest for custom pets on my server. Got the spells made and all that good stuff. However my problem is when I spawn one of my new pets the don't want to attack anything or do anything but follow the owner around. I was able to get my custom swarms working perfect,however normal pets don't seem to want to do anything at all. I basically just coppied a mage pet and put my own race/class and stats in it,and it summons fine,but he just follows you around. Any ideas how to go about fixing this up?
Old 04-07-2015, 11:20 AM
Leetsauce
Hill Giant

Go into your pets table in your DB and make sure the pet_power field (or whatever it is called) is set to "-1"

This should solve your issue. If it does not, it's a pet_type problem and I would suggest using the PEQ Editor to go to that npc ID, and on the left side of the box click the pet field and change the pet_type via the dropdown menu it takes you to from there.

I've run into this issue, and depending on your exact setup the solution will be one of these two.
Old 04-08-2015, 10:59 PM
Bandor
Hill Giant

Tried what you suggested,set the pet power to -1 and control 2(normal). Still no go, so I checked the pet_type in PEQ and the pet_type is same as my npc's name im assuming this is normal,however Im not sure. For example I have a npc named PurWolf1. his npc_type is PurWolf1.