Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > General > General::Server Discussion

General::Server Discussion Discussion about emulator servers.
Do not post support topics here.

Old 01-30-2012, 01:06 PM
Apoc.Index
Sarnak

Default *eVe* Visons of Venkar

Hello Everyone, I am introducing a work in progress at the moment.

Currently I am having major connection issues- But as soon as it is fixed the server will be open to play.

eVe is completely custom, aside from the spell file currently.

Here are a few things to look forward to!!
*Global War! If you players don't defeat the forces of Venkar the Hub zone will be over run! (Thanks to the help of Trev with some coding!).
*Custom Items
*Custom Trade skills (Augs, weapons, Armor)
*Custom Zone connects (I.e Gfay Zl to Butcherblock is no more, you will zone to the Oldcommonlands, and from there you can get to the Steppes, Steppes to Solteris. FelwitheB portals to their old GM training locations instead will take you to "Leveling" Zones where TS items can be attained.)
*When you start the server, before reaching the *Hub* zone you will endure the First Vision of Venkar!
*Pets are not what they use to be, Some may be beefed up, Some may be awesome DPS.
*Global Bosses/Raids- If its up, your clan better get there first!

These are a few things to look forward to, that is once I can figure out this major connection issue.

I anxiously await seeing you online, please stay tuned. PM me with any questions/ideas!

Apoc.
Old 01-30-2012, 08:07 PM
Speedz
Hill Giant

Sounds interesting, will check it out when ya get connection issues figured.
Old 01-30-2012, 08:38 PM
Vexyl
Hill Giant

I checked it out earlier, it's working fine now.
Interesting server, but what are the huge humans named "Flag" for?
Old 01-30-2012, 09:37 PM
Soulcold
Sarnak

I would assume Flag is for zone flagging :P

Sounds like an interesting server, I'll check it out in my spare time
Old 01-30-2012, 11:48 PM
Kavanah
Sarnak

Hey man, this is Judah.

Few things about the server:

1) It's way too hard. The only way to get anything done is to have the totem buff you and run around with ds for 30 seconds or until it wears off. Then repeat. It's not fun, just tedious. If you could scale the mobs down at the start of each lane to lvl 1-2 and increase it to about 12-15 at the ends of the lanes that would be great. I got to the second area with my warrior and now I'm stuck, losing levels that took a while to get, and it just became frustrating. Make a portal that leads back to noobie area please =)

2) Skill ups are WAY too slow. Spent over 2 hours to raise my piercing skill by 5 =/

3) Leveling seems a bit slow, but I'm ok with grinding them out. What I'm not ok with is the harsh exp loss that is unforgiving for the amount of time it takes to level here. I don't mind some exp loss, but 20-30 mins worth of grinding for a death here is more work than fun =(

4) The plate chest materials does not work. I've tried a few other pieces and they seem to be fine, but he eats my chest piece. I have regathered the materials and will wait until its fixed before proceeding. I think the material drops are a little rare, and I've noticed a few nameds spawning here and there. I picked up a +1 shield but found no +1 weapons yet. The upgraded items have made an extremely trivial difference so far.

I'm not trying to be negative as I know this is testing phase, so I'm offering some feedback on the server so far. I've spent almost 6 hours on it today. It's fun, challenging, but needs some tweaks! Thanks!
Old 01-31-2012, 04:13 AM
Speedz
Hill Giant

Just logged in for a few, got level 2. No quest givers offered quests. and was stuck in start zone. It zoned me back to start zone when trying to leave.
Old 01-31-2012, 12:18 PM
Apoc.Index
Sarnak

**UPDATE**
* MPG mobs have been tuned down, EXP rates were increased, Death EXP loss was decreased.
*Skill up are a bit faster now
*Plate Chest Materials should work (If you hand them in, in the proper order. However I will double check that)
*Sentar the quest giver will not give you a pop up quest window (All quests in eVe will require you to learn them and follow directions. Like old school EQ)
** The Trainer will also set all your skills to 50 to help cut the edge a bit.
** Past the Vision of Venkar (Ashengate) The server opens up allot more, MPG and Ashengate are a prologue to the game.

** Thank you for the feedback, I will continue tuning the project as we encounter problems!**

Apoc.
Old 01-31-2012, 12:27 PM
Apoc.Index
Sarnak

** Update ** After looking into the issue with the Demonic Plate Chest Materials, the issue was that there were two materials in the DB under two separate item ID's. In essence, players might have been getting Materials (1) but the quest was only looking for materials (2). The Quest has now been updated to support both versions of the materials.

Apoc.
Old 02-02-2012, 02:58 PM
kylekurth
Sarnak

Bleh, when are you going to unlock the server?
Old 02-02-2012, 04:55 PM
Kavanah
Sarnak

Necro's are severely OP. Pet deals 200+ dmg at lvl 20.
Old 02-03-2012, 12:41 PM
boweq
Hill Giant

nice 200 dmg a hit .. , But they only single hit and hit slow ,

Also if you notice their Accurancy is Low aswell
get a parser and parse melle dps with necros

Also Server is down :'(
Old 02-03-2012, 04:20 PM
kylekurth
Sarnak

Im getting the shakes..... need my fix on this amazing server
Old 07-01-2012, 01:51 PM