Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Support > Support::Windows Servers

Support::Windows Servers Support forum for Windows EQEMu users.

Old 02-22-2016, 11:05 AM
provocating
Demi-God

Default Shared Memory and RuleSets

Anyone know what rule set is exposed to shared memory? Let me explain, I am trying pull the ExpansionSettings rule from SharedDatabase:LoadLootDrops and it is always returning the default. Either the expansion settings are not being pulled before the loot drops are loaded or I do not know the default rule set, or maybe there is not one. My best guess is that you are not really supposed to use rulesets here, or it would take some substantial code changes. I do not mind doing the code changes but if there is a default ruleset that would be helpful.
Old 02-22-2016, 11:48 AM
provocating
Demi-God

Looking under rulesys.cpp if the request is not coming from a zone, it will not load the rules, probably hits a return. This is probably what I am experiencing. I may need to shift gears and working within loottables.cpp instead.
Old 02-22-2016, 01:49 PM
provocating
Demi-God

Ah hah! Figured it out. I small change to shared_memory/main.cpp got me what I wanted, I am basically loading the rules there and I can now access the values in loot.cpp
Old 02-22-2016, 05:55 PM
jpyou127
Discordant

This is really cool what your doing. Are you going to basically turn on loot by enabled expansion as your server progresses?

Celestial
Old 02-22-2016, 05:57 PM
provocating
Demi-God

Yes, and it is working perfectly. I am in Greater Faydark right now and set a skeleton spawn spot for Velious, our current era and it repops fine. I then change it in the editor for another era, out of our current range such as Luclin and repop the zone...no skeleton. Other than some code changes I also of course had to add a tinyint to the spawn2 table, called expansion.

But yes I have done spawns and loot, both are working fine. I gave the skeleton different eras of loot and the only thing they are spawned with is current era loot. Things like a Skeleton Tibia never enters the loot table.
Old 02-22-2016, 06:02 PM
provocating
Demi-God

This is where I set the skeleton for a higher expansion, I picked PoR on this instance, he instantly quit popping.

Old 03-06-2016, 10:54 AM
ElmnerFudge
Fire Beetle

This is great stuff. Do you have plans to have settings for melee and other things that changed (pets for example)? Also quests via expansion?
Old 03-06-2016, 10:59 AM
provocating
Demi-God

I plan on doing all of it in time. Luckily i had already thought about a lot of these things as I was fixing issues. As some know certain class and race combinations were only allowed during certain expansions and you cannot block those from the database in Titanium. When I made those changes for the combinations I did it using the expansions column.

Not sure if I mentioned it in a previous post but I have found you really do need an expansions_min and expansions_max column because many things existed in only a certain era, they came and went.
Old 03-06-2016, 11:06 AM
N0ctrnl
Discordant

Legacy items come to mind immediately
Old 03-06-2016, 11:15 AM
provocating
Demi-God

This is what I came up with.