Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Misc > Misc::Off Topic

Misc::Off Topic Want to talk about something that has nothing to do with EverQuest or the emulator? Post here.

Old 07-10-2007, 05:42 PM
saweb
Sarnak

You can however, grab yourself a copy of the world source from the SVN (Links in the other post)

To get it working you need mysql, a mysql client (eg. navicat) and you need to execute eq2.sql (A file included in the SVN repository)

Then just configure the server to execute properly in the "db.ini" file.

Server should run just perfectly, until it gets to the stage where it needs a loginserver to continue. Here is an example of it if you dont want to go through all the effort.

Old 07-10-2007, 07:06 PM
John Adams
Demi-God

Heh, oh yeah... the loginserver problem again.

Well this'll never get done then. hee! If I cannot login, I cannot do much. I'm a visual learner.
Old 07-10-2007, 09:57 PM
saweb
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Adams View Post
Heh, oh yeah... the loginserver problem again.

Well this'll never get done then. hee! If I cannot login, I cannot do much. I'm a visual learner.
Rofl Now, we patiently wait. . . and wait. . . and . . .wait.
Old 07-11-2007, 04:56 PM
techguy84
Discordant

Could this be where someone could work ManGOS to work with world. I think ManGOS could act as a login server to handle that client connections, since it just passes them off to world once its done.

Maybe wrong altogether though. Is the minilogin opensource. Possible to recode it to handle client connections from EQ2 instead of EQ1.
Old 07-11-2007, 06:11 PM
madborg
Banned

its true that this is an EQ emulator site but you have to remember it was started when there was no EQ2 and there was another competing EQ emulator project. a lot of effort has gone into making EQEMU and certainly the project shouldnt be diverted into other things. however at one time there was discussions about other emulators for even non Sony MMOs.

This topic has been useful for me since i plan to open a site soon that is for any Open Source MMO and any future P2P equivalent. Of course i will still favor EQ probably because i spent about a milllion hours playing it and consider myself a minor expert of that game system.
Old 07-11-2007, 06:57 PM
saweb
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by techguy84 View Post
Could this be where someone could work ManGOS to work with world. I think ManGOS could act as a login server to handle that client connections, since it just passes them off to world once its done.

Maybe wrong altogether though. Is the minilogin opensource. Possible to recode it to handle client connections from EQ2 instead of EQ1.
Haha, there is currently three problems with this idea (That im aware of)

* EQ2 Needs the login server to do more than just simply log the char in, I think it requires additional info from login server, where the mangos login server only checks account username/password and injects char into the world.
* The mangos login server is basically integrated into the world server, code there weaves into each other. . .I dont know how hard it would be to seperate the two.
* EQ2 has different opcode than WoW, different packet sizes and different encryption.

You would need some lethal genius to engineer something like that
Old 07-11-2007, 07:05 PM
John Adams
Demi-God

Quote:
Originally Posted by madborg View Post
This topic has been useful for me since i plan to open a site soon that is for any Open Source MMO and any future P2P equivalent.
wb, madborg. fyi, there's about 100 of these "all mmos" project sites out there already, including my own (but I'm a super-dick admin and don't let anyone in I don't know personally )
Old 07-11-2007, 10:11 PM
techguy84
Discordant

I didnt know what was under the hood of ManGOS, but I knew its original concept was to be adaptable to any circumstance, but yep, guess it wouldnt work here. Could possibly work as a server altogether after some long sleepless hours whacking away at code, but hey, why do that when this is already here.

Still courious about the mini-login though, wether or not it can be altered and adapted to work with eq2 instead of eq1. Probably too much hassle.
Old 07-11-2007, 11:04 PM
madborg
Banned

Quote:
wb, madborg. fyi, there's about 100 of these "all mmos" project sites out there already, including my own (but I'm a super-dick admin and don't let anyone in I don't know personally )
100?? i am tired now.
Old 07-11-2007, 11:21 PM
John Adams
Demi-God

ok, i exaggerated.. maybe 98.
Old 07-12-2007, 10:25 AM
saweb
Sarnak

I actually think we should get together a second team to work on a login server. And if we can do so, a dedicated eq2emu website as well.

StAy FoCuSSed on EQ2EMU
EQ2EMU is alive!,by gods, I swear it!
Old 07-12-2007, 08:39 PM
John Adams
Demi-God

When link2009 was pushing this project along, I offered my site (eq2.mmoemulators.com) as a temporary community site, but he said he "had it covered".

Shrug.
Old 07-12-2007, 10:29 PM
saweb
Sarnak

Quote:
When link2009 was pushing this project along, I offered my site (eq2.mmoemulators.com) as a temporary community site, but he said he "had it covered".

Shrug.
Shrug some more :(

StAy FoCuSSed on EQ2EMU
Old 07-13-2007, 05:36 AM
CrabClaw
Hill Giant

Got my SVN setup too (I also compile Mangos, Scriptdev, ect. as well), have to see though, it needs love and copious SQL-age.

What a 'make' file and no VS2005 eq2emu.vcprog file! What will us people who live up in the clouds in Redmond do? Hard labor?

*shudders*

*cries*

(hehe - joking. I'll try to help any way I can.)
Old 07-13-2007, 08:52 AM
saweb
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrabClaw View Post
Got my SVN setup too (I also compile Mangos, Scriptdev, ect. as well), have to see though, it needs love and copious SQL-age.

What a 'make' file and no VS2005 eq2emu.vcprog file! What will us people who live up in the clouds in Redmond do? Hard labor?

*shudders*

*cries*

(hehe - joking. I'll try to help any way I can.)
Due to so many people using 03' I just got myslef a student copy of it. Compiled fine. Some day I might have time to convert it to 05' but Its not all that important right now. - I did leave executables xD

Though, make sure you update your checkout every now and then, I might feel like doing it some time.

StAy FoCuSSed on EQ2EMU