Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > General > General::General Discussion

General::General Discussion General discussion about EverQuest(tm), EQEMu, and related topics.
Do not post support topics here.

Old 03-15-2016, 02:58 PM
ralphonzo
Fire Beetle

Default Any 'classic' repacks left?

Several years ago I played AXClassic offline and enjoyed it. I lost interest, and since then, AXClassic no longer offers repacks or public access to the current database.

I can't seem to find any repacks that are old school-oriented and still in development. If such a thing exists, the fewer expansions the better.

If it doesn't exist, how feasible is it installing the EQEmu Server Installer pack and then butchering the DB to remove all but say, Kunark and Velious?

I would just stay in the old areas on a stock server installation, except from what I recall, old zones were plagued with overpowered new items as well when loot tables were revised...
Old 03-15-2016, 05:59 PM
Mortow
Hill Giant

It can be done but a lot of manual removal is required. You could install Akka`s repack then use Shin Noir's EQ Cleanup tool to remove a bunch of stuff to get you started. There is a link to the Cleanup tool under the Tools thread. I am posting this from my phone or I would you you a link to it. Hope thats helps answer your question.
Old 03-16-2016, 01:53 AM
Shin Noir
Legendary Member

My eqcleanup tool was designed in an attempt to make classic content feasible with latest PEQ releases, it's still a work in progress, and probably will forever be.. There's some progression-locked stuff provocating has been teasing about, and other efforts, but for the most part, classic-based content was closest by p99 (I don't think they release the db or plan to?) and every other sever is as bad or worse as it's been over the years for replicating classic feel.

~Shin Noir
DungeonEQ.com
Old 03-16-2016, 09:36 AM
provocating
Demi-God

I am currently working on it, making great progress but I am still in the testing phases. So far so good though. I want the framework right before I go too far into it. I am trying to make a full progression database. Basically two server rules. One will be the client features, the second will be the database. If you set both to 3 you get Velious, set them to 4 you get Luclin. As you can imagine this is a huge undertaking. As Legacy of FrostStone progresses through the expansions we will stay at each long enough to categorize every quest, item, npc. I am going so far as to even categorize the factions by expansion.

Right now we can categorize each NPC, spawn point, item, loottable and with the brilliance of the new Hotfix command the effect is immediate. I still need to make some changes to the Lua and Perl exports so we can work on the quest system. Progress stalled for a bit as I moved all three servers to a datacenter but this week it is business as usual working on the framework.
Old 03-16-2016, 01:36 PM
ralphonzo
Fire Beetle

Both of these solutions sound very promising. My best way forward might be to simply wait. :P It's unfortunate that exactly what I want already exists but is no longer available in its up-to-date form unless you play the Rathe server...

provocating, just to be clear, are these databases something you would eventually make public for offline use by people like myself, or would this be exclusive to your server?
Old 03-16-2016, 01:41 PM
provocating
Demi-God

Quote:
Originally Posted by ralphonzo View Post
Both of these solutions sound very promising. My best way forward might be to simply wait. :P It's unfortunate that exactly what I want already exists but is no longer available in its up-to-date form unless you play the Rathe server...

provocating, just to be clear, are these databases something you would eventually make public for offline use by people like myself, or would this be exclusive to your server?
I think that will depend on how complete I get it. I would not want to release something incomplete.
Old 03-16-2016, 02:14 PM
Coenxai
Hill Giant

Honestly, it'd depend on how close you want it to replicate those eras. You can remove a lot of the fodder with some simple SQL queries. Other issues, such as spells, you'd need to write a script to import old spell data. That would probably give you a pretty classic feel even with current code.