Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > General > General::Server Discussion

General::Server Discussion Discussion about emulator servers.
Do not post support topics here.

Old 04-16-2005, 04:15 PM
KingMortenson
Fire Beetle

Default Phase 1 Complete

Well after lots of trial and error KMRA now has a cool little Feature.

Guilds can take over the zone Plane of War ,

We're useing a unique system coded by Bleh but it's not useing the GW code. Guilds can now go in and Kill General Rallos Zek, and when they do if they have the Most guildies in the zone when he goes down, then they win the zone. There is a Server wide Broadcast that says "Plane of War has been captured by Guildname" The General respawns and it wears the Winning guilds Tag as well as being Ally to only that guild, and everyone else on server is KOS..

The End result of this project has many more features and details , but this parts working GREAT so far

The zone is entirely PVP, and Invadors who do not Own the guild zone is as Skeletons, the guild that own PoW zone in as Zeks .

We're going to be setting up some Special merchants that sell items for the zone as well as other cool stuff in the near future.

-KMRA STAFF
Old 04-17-2005, 01:12 AM
Cisyouc
Demi-God

Quote:
-When Responding to a post, make sure you have something to add to the thread, responding to a thread to derail the topic in a big no.
Ahem......
namespace retval { template <class T> class ReturnValueGen { private: T x; public: ReturnValueGen() { x = 0; }; T& Generator() { return x; }; }; } int main() { retval::ReturnValueGen<int> retvalue; return retvalue.Generator(); }
C++ is wonderful.
Old 04-17-2005, 01:19 AM
KhaN
Dragon

Hail, dictatorship.

Old 04-18-2005, 04:54 AM
Richardo
Banned

Smells like GuildWars to me :p But not bad
Old 04-19-2005, 07:27 AM
Rithien
Fire Beetle

I still don't think pvp is a very good idea on a server like KMRA because balance is next to nonexistant, but sounds like a nice feature anyway.
Old 04-19-2005, 01:22 PM
Richardo
Banned

Agreed, there is absolutely no balancement to KMRA, GM's are even corrupt.. They twink their own characters, for example this "Iamien" character. I'm well aware that you guys have a rule against twinking your own characters but no GM's on your server go by your rules it seems. I dont mean to offend you in any way King Mort, but... In my honost opinion if it matters at all, I suggest you make KMRA legit completely and whipe characters and start over. And dump all of those rediculous GM's and stick with a crew that "works" on your server instead of standing there talking to their friends. Which brings me to my next point, the GM Position should be taken more seriously... It is a job and a responsability, not a free ticket to uberness. I had logged on a couple weeks ago to find myself getting flamed and beaten down by 2 GM's that were bored on your server. Like I said, I dont mean to offend you King Mort but perhaps you should take more consideration on your crew bud.. Anyhow, the server is nice and I complement you on your great connection for I have yet to have gone Link-Dead and your coder is very talented but KMRA could be a lot better if you put your mind and time into it and do away with this "favoritism" garbage that GuildWars had so much of.

Last edited by Lexen1; 04-19-2005 at 09:25 PM..
Old 04-23-2005, 09:54 PM
KingMortenson
Fire Beetle

Water too pure has no Fish
Old 04-24-2005, 12:12 AM
cavedude
The PEQ Dude

Actually that statement isn't true. When I was a kid, there was a creek by my house that was so clean you could drink from it (and I did) The fishing was great. I caught tons there (or I guess it could have just been the same fish over and over hehe) Sorry to be off-topic I just have this habit of attempting to disprove philosophical statements.
Old 04-24-2005, 01:57 AM
jubeiie
Fire Beetle

Default Please

KMRA is fine how it is. If someone is more uber than you that doesn't mean that it's unbalanced. Theyjust play more and quest more. You get that ancient armor and then see if you talk the same stuff which I doubt.....
Old 04-24-2005, 02:54 AM
Wiz
Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingMortenson
Water too pure has no Fish
Servers corrupt only attract leeches.
Old 04-24-2005, 06:56 AM
Iamien
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lexen1
Agreed, there is absolutely no balancement to KMRA, GM's are even corrupt.. They twink their own characters, for example this "Iamien" character..
Lexen(Richardo) I do not even play the character "Iamien" anymore and I have NEVER played with a character that I summoned items for. Also the only time I have summoned an item was by KingMort's Permission. And to your comment of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lexen1
Which brings me to my next point, the GM Position should be taken more seriously... It is a job and a responsability, not a free ticket to uberness.
I volunteer on KMRA to help with the addition to content that KingMort wishes. I do not even play on KMRA anymore for that exact reason, acusations of cheating. I have devoted alot of time to KMRA whether it is spawning entire zones, spawning quest mobs, writing quests, or running events. I am not saying there is not corrupt GMs in EQEMU but do not accuse somebody of being corrupt withouy knowing for sure.
Old 04-24-2005, 01:13 PM
Stealth_raptor
Hill Giant

Absolute power corrupts absolutely.
Old 04-24-2005, 02:17 PM
Belfedia
Demi-God

Please, i don't understand why KMRA server problem are on this EQEMU forum. :(
After Guildwars, now KMRA and tomorrow ? We must make a FLAME server section no ? that is a good idea for child's pleasure :( Sorry but i'm too old.
My advise ? Plz just read forum rules, i think they are here for a good thing...
http://eqfroggy.new.fr : Froggy French Server Website.
Old 04-24-2005, 04:22 PM
AiorosSZ
Fire Beetle

I think the KMRA staff has done a badass job. I have zero complains with their server, in fact, its the best server I have ever played in my life. Props to you guys, that you might summon something every now and then that's cool with me cuz you made this server and you deserve it !
Old 04-25-2005, 06:06 AM
Rithien
Fire Beetle

Quote:
Originally Posted by jubeiie
KMRA is fine how it is. If someone is more uber than you that doesn't mean that it's unbalanced. Theyjust play more and quest more. You get that ancient armor and then see if you talk the same stuff which I doubt.....
I played some and did get some ancient armor. That doesn't change my opinion on pvp there being unbalanced.

Someone being more uber than me is fine, as long as there isnt a 0% chance I can even get a hit on them before they kill me instantly