Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Support > Support::Windows Servers

Support::Windows Servers Support forum for Windows EQEMu users.

Old 02-10-2009, 11:56 PM
seridium
Sarnak

Default A good question for Cavedude or anyone that can help

I have my server up, but one thing I am wondering is I downloaded that PEQ installer "PEQServerPack-Maps-4.0-1110a.exe" after doing custom install and in the data base it says its Rev278 and in Variables table in database colum it says its 070_pop_cvs.

Now I just dont get like what expansions would work with this version like do all POP lucilin yekeshe quests,zones work or do I have to install files like, below for examples,
peq-ykesha-release-quests.zip
peq-ykesha-release.zip
&
peq-luclin-release-quests.zip
peq-luclin-release.zip

Or would these files already be implemented in the PEQServerPack-Maps-4.0-1110a.exe

Sorry for being a bother but I need guidance
Old 02-11-2009, 12:53 AM
cavedude
The PEQ Dude

That release is sadly pretty ancient. I've been too lazy to update it. There is a newer update available, however.

Though, I suspect you are updating your database through CVS, as the db_version table is something I added in the Rev278.sql update. That is the best way to keep yourself up to date. Remember to source in all of the files in the updates folder from the point you started (So, 278 which means you need to source in 2 more updates) Keep grabbing your DB from there.

Get your binaries from SVN: http://code.google.com/p/projecteqemu/downloads/list

And your quests from CVS: http://sourceforge.net/cvs/?group_id=127915

And you will be kept up to date, with all the content we currently offer. I know it's a pain in the ass grabbing from three different sources, but they all are different projects, really. I might be willing to add a packaged up version of quests to the DB CVS if there is interest in that. The normal quest CVS will still be kept up to date, as that is an integral part of the PEQ system if I choose to do that.
Old 02-11-2009, 02:21 AM
seridium
Sarnak

Now when I do update through Mysql by sourcing the files I download through Wncvs,
[:pserver:anonymous@projecteq.cvs.sourceforge.net:/cvsroot/projecteq] should I source every file in that folder [peq_db] because I only sourced the Peqdb_1129Rev291.sql

The updates folder I sourced Rev278.sql.

This is where my self taught abilities need some advice

I Also just downloaded the new Quests and the new [peqdb_1129Rev311.sql.gz]
and the new update [Rev294.sql] now by sourcing these files and updating quest's will I loose all mods I have done to my server as in customs quests npc's loot tables exp multipliers custom loots, Char accounts etc.

Thanks in advance!
Old 02-11-2009, 03:33 AM
seridium
Sarnak

I suppose maybe I should source Rev59.sql all the way through to Rev249.sql but will this delete any of my server info as asked above, also if I wanted to export my peq_db or save the way my server is working at the moment, would I just export tables to .sql format is this easiest way? and then source them back in ?
Old 02-11-2009, 03:59 AM
trevius
Developer

Yes, always backup your tables. I just run navicat and do a "dump" of the entire database to a single SQL file so it can be sourced back anytime in case something gets messed up. None of the updates in the /utils/sql/svn directory should effect anything you already have setup.
Old 02-11-2009, 12:06 PM
cavedude
The PEQ Dude

Running the files in the updates folder of the PEQ CVS are all perfectly safe. That's the whole purpose of them, to update your player tables without destroying data. The only part that is destructive is the content side. Though, if you already have some applied, it may cause problems. The ALTER TABLE ADD COLUMN queries can and will duplicate columns if they already exist. One thing, the readme states this, but you must run every update file in order to get yourself current! You can't just skip to the last one.

Now, if you do have custom content data that you do not want to lose, then Trevius' suggestion is a good one, update your DB using the EQEmu SVN util's folder. However, if you don't make any content changes, then stick with the PEQ CVS. Update your content with the peqdb_1129Rev311.sql.gz file (destructive) and update your player tables with the files in the updates folder (non-destructive but can cause problems if some already have been sourced) Please be aware that if you do use the EQEmu SVN then you will not get the content updates that the PEQ CVS provides.

As Trevius pointed out, backup your DB whenever you apply updates. That way if something goes wrong, you can back out of it. PEQ has a script that I added to cron that backs us up daily, you can probably do something similar with one of the many MySQL tools out there.
Old 02-15-2009, 05:37 AM
seridium
Sarnak

So then the file for ex [Peqdb1191Rev291.sql] would wipe all npc's and quest's customs items I added to the database would get overwritten if I source that file and if it create duplicates is that a bad thing is there a way to remove all duplicates?

I Also notice when server loads up I get this ERROR with teh rules is this normal?

Quote:
World:AddMaxClientsStatus
[02.04. - 20:23:45] [RULES__ERROR] Unable to find rule 'TaskSystem:EnableTaskSystem'
[02.04. - 20:23:45] [RULES__ERROR] Unable to interpret rule record for TaskSystem:EnableTaskSystem
[02.04. - 20:23:45] [RULES__ERROR] Unable to find rule 'TaskSystem:PeriodicCheckTimer'
[02.04. - 20:23:45] [RULES__ERROR] Unable to interpret rule record for TaskSystem:PeriodicCheckTimer
[02.04. - 20:23:45] [RULES__ERROR] Unable to find rule 'TaskSystem:RecordCompletedTasks'
[02.04. - 20:23:45] [RULES__ERROR] Unable to interpret rule record for TaskSystem:RecordCompletedTasks
[02.04. - 20:23:45] [RULES__ERROR] Unable to find rule 'TaskSystem:RecordCompletedOptionalActivities'
[02.04. - 20:23:45] [RULES__ERROR] Unable to interpret rule record for TaskSystem:RecordCompletedOptionalActivities
[02.04. - 20:23:45] [RULES__ERROR] Unable to find rule 'TaskSystem:KeepOneRecordPerCompletedTask'
[02.04. - 20:23:45] [RULES__ERROR] Unable to interpret rule record for TaskSystem:KeepOneRecordPerCompletedTask
[02.04. - 20:23:45] [RULES__ERROR] Unable to find rule 'TaskSystem:EnableTaskProximity'
[02.04. - 20:23:45] [RULES__ERROR] Unable to interpret rule record for TaskSystem:EnableTaskProximity
[02.04. - 20:23:45] [RULES__ERROR] Unable to find rule 'World:EnableTutorialButton'
[02.04. - 20:23:45] [RULES__ERROR] Unable to interpret rule record for World:EnableTutorialButton
[02.04. - 20:23:45] [RULES__ERROR] Unable to find rule 'World:EnableReturnHomeButton'
[02.04. - 20:23:45] [RULES__ERROR] Unable to interpret rule record for World:EnableReturnHomeButton
[02.04. - 20:23:45] [RULES__ERROR] Unable to find rule 'World:MaxLevelForTutorial'
[02.04. - 20:23:45] [RULES__ERROR] Unable to interpret rule record for World:MaxLevelForTutorial
[02.04. - 20:23:45] [RULES__ERROR] Unable to find rule 'World:MinOfflineTimeToReturnHome'
[02.04. - 20:23:45] [RULES__ERROR] Unable to interpret rule record for World:MinOfflineTimeToReturnHome
[02.04. - 20:23:45] [RULES__ERROR] Unable to find rule

and it keeps going with errors then server connects?