Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Support > Support::Windows Servers

Support::Windows Servers Support forum for Windows EQEMu users.

Old 06-12-2009, 04:33 PM
Randymarsh9
Dragon

Default 71-75 spells

I know this has been discussed before, but I can't seem to find the thread. If I wanted to add 71-75 spells, what would that task comprise? Like what would I need to change and about how much time would it take?
Old 06-12-2009, 05:05 PM
trevius
Developer

If your server is made for SoF users, you can just use the SoF spell file, since it comes with them all already. Otherwise, you would need to do some fairly major custom spell file adjustments to make sure that all of the 71-75 spells fit in the first 9999 spell ID ranges in the spell file, since that is the highest that Titanium clients can load up to. Or, you could just do what most custom servers do and steal the spell file from my website that I give to my players :P I have it customized already to be fully compatible with Titanium and also to include the 71-75 RK1 spells.
Old 06-12-2009, 05:21 PM
cavedude
The PEQ Dude

The spells_new table in the PEQ db has a hybrid between the two clients. All of the titanium spells are in there stock, and then the SoF spells start at the last Titanium ID. That way, the people using Titanium (who are still the majority) can have their spells working properly, and those using SoF have access to the cool new spells.
Old 06-12-2009, 05:33 PM
Randymarsh9
Dragon

so Trevius I could just take your spells_us file and use it? If i wanted to change some spells back to their live form like Johnathon's Provocation, would I have to put my own spell file up for download?
Old 06-12-2009, 05:36 PM
trevius
Developer

Ahh, then he should be able to just use that table for SoF clients to have 71-75 spells. But, for Titanium clients to get all of their spells, he would still have to do some spell moves. This is because a good chunk of the 71-75 spells for some classes are well past the 10k mark, so the client can't use them. Also, for Titanium users to see the spells, he would need to do an export of the spells_new table and have his clients download the file so they match.

Yeah, you can use my spells file. I think the one I have up now works for Server and Client both. Previously I used to have one that stopped at 10k for clients, since Titanium couldn't load anymore than that, but with the addition of SoF, I think I just put the whole thing up there, so that should work for you. Edit: Just checked an verified it is the full file, so you are set if you use it.

Last edited by trevius; 06-13-2009 at 01:39 AM..
Old 06-12-2009, 05:39 PM
Randymarsh9
Dragon

Awesome, thanks!
Old 06-12-2009, 05:48 PM
Randymarsh9
Dragon

I believe on your server you took the proc mod off of Johnthan's Provocation. If I added it back, would people have to download a new spells_us?
Old 06-12-2009, 06:17 PM
trevius
Developer

Some things that you change in that file will require the client to have to download them again to take effect, but that mostly is for cast time, mana cost, and a few other fields. Most of the settings are handled server-side, so you would only need to adjust them on the server and not require another download. But, at this point, we do have a fair number of custom adjustments to spells that are either broken or that were exploitable. If you needed to adjust any back, you should be able to just check your original SoF spell file and copy the values over.

The more adjustments you plan to do, the more it might be worthwhile to get an idea about how to handle the spell file for your server so you can make one on your own from scratch. Using a combination of the Titanium spell file and one from Live, it wasn't all too hard for me to get everything moved around once I figured out the best ways to do it (days of messing with it). You can use a combination of the database, the import/export scripts, the ailia/bleh spell editor, excel and also Notepad++ or Textpad to make working with the spell file considerably easier/quicker. But, you have to know what the goal is that you are trying to get to before messing with too many of those tools. I mostly just used Excel and Textpad to do all of the spell moving stuff. Using the bookmark feature of textpad/notepad++, it makes selecting certain spells or spells with certain values very easy.
Old 06-12-2009, 06:19 PM
Randymarsh9
Dragon

I'm not using a SoF spell file though. I still have titanium
Old 06-13-2009, 03:18 PM
Randymarsh9
Dragon

Hey Trev, everything seems to be working except the song Jonthan's Mightful Caretaker. It's supposed to make you proc every attack, but it isn't working for me. I even made the proc chance 10000, but it isn't doing anything. Do you have any ideas about that?
Old 06-14-2009, 06:05 PM
trevius
Developer

Probably an issue with spell buff procs or adjusting proc rates. That might be an issue with the source code. Have you tried that spell without any modifications to it (directly from your spell file)? If it doesn't work by default, then it is just an issue with how the source code handles that spell and it would require coding for it.
Old 06-27-2009, 06:38 PM
Randymarsh9
Dragon

Ok I have the spells_us in my everquest folder and in my rev folder, but when i scribespells 75 it just goes to 70 and then says scribing a bunch of unknown spells after that
Old 06-28-2009, 03:55 AM
trevius
Developer

You have to use the same spell file on your client installation directory as well. They both have to match, the server and the client. Otherwise, you will get unknowns like you are seeing.
Old 06-28-2009, 12:37 PM
Randymarsh9
Dragon

Yeah i'm pretty sure I do. It's hard to tell when you have a spells_us for like 10 different servers though
Old 06-28-2009, 12:54 PM
Randymarsh9
Dragon

ok I have one spells_us in the folder with my zone and world.exe's and then another one in the actually eq folder with eqgame and that stuff