Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Support > Support::General Support

Support::General Support Post all topics here having to do with errors while trying to connect to an EQEMu server but not about the setup/running of the Server itself.

Old 08-12-2009, 09:29 AM
firesyde424
Fire Beetle

I experience this issue infrequently. The most recent was last night. I had three clients running on the same machine. I backed one out to the login screen to log a different account in. The 4th account logged in, but I could not see any servers. I closed the client, opened it again, still no server select. No matter what I tried, I could not see any servers in the server select.

After several attempts, I remembered that you can simply enter your login info and click the "Quick Connect" button which then skipped the server select and logged me right into the server I wanted to play on, which was, fortunately, the last server I had played on. However, I was not able to see the server select screen on any client again until this morning. It happens about 2-3 times a week.
Old 08-12-2009, 12:09 PM
pfyon
Discordant

I'm curious. Has anyone tested this on a different login server than the official eqemu one? Since the code for the eqemu login server is not available (unless they switched over to one of the open source versions), who knows what kind of weird bugs might be in there.
Old 08-21-2009, 11:39 PM
Karnaji
Fire Beetle

no fix for this yet? really makes me sad..... ... ... ... I mean If I can log in and not see the server list its like wtf I am in the server but not? ... well I read some posts months old and nobody seems to be able to fix this lol wtf!!
Old 08-24-2009, 07:46 PM
Karnaji
Fire Beetle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karnaji View Post
no fix for this yet? really makes me sad..... ... ... ... I mean If I can log in and not see the server list its like wtf I am in the server but not? ... well I read some posts months old and nobody seems to be able to fix this lol wtf!!
bump.....................
Old 08-24-2009, 09:25 PM
Angelox
AX Classic Developer

It's hard to solve a problem when I can't duplicate it here. Try this;
eqhosts.txt:
change
Code:
[LoginServer]
Host=eqemulator.net:5998
to
Code:
[LoginServer]
Host=208.64.37.23:5998
If the eq client don't accept that , then go to your windows hosts file and make an entry;
Code:
208.64.37.23   eqemulator.net
What this will do is by-pass the DNS server and go straight to the LS, which will save you some MS, you may need.

I've always thought this is due to lag, as I've had this problem a while back when my connection was laggy.
Old 08-24-2009, 11:21 PM
Speedz
Hill Giant

Run your login server then your world.exe

Pay attention to any errors that pass.

When I got this error I discovered that the wrong user/pass was being passed to the login server from world.

I changed the eqemu_config.xml login section to read this:

<loginserver>
<host>192.168.1.149</host>
<port>5998</port>
<account></account>
<password></password>
</loginserver>

and the LoginServer.ini to read this

[LoginConfig]
ServerName=Your Test
ServerDescription=Your Test
ServerMode=PrivateLogin
ServerPort=5998
allowanonservers=1
statsaddress=
statsport=

It worked like a charm
Old 09-03-2009, 04:05 AM
savage_82585
Fire Beetle

I think this could be my problem also, but that link is for XP, I have been searching for at least an hour on how to open the port on Vista and no luck, anyone know a site that has instructions for vista? or a solution for the no servers on LS screen that could fix it if its not a port issue?

Note: I have had EMU on this comp before, just wiped my computer and re-did everything and am using a fresh install
Old 09-03-2009, 03:59 PM
savage_82585
Fire Beetle

how do i get into "windows Hosts"? trying the last thing Angelox said
Old 09-03-2009, 04:41 PM
Rogean
Administrator

People that are having trouble seeing the server list, when it does happen, please PM me the following:

The exact time and date, and the loginserver account you used, when you experienced the no server list bug. Include all information about how many attempts.. did it eventually work, etc.
Old 09-03-2009, 06:44 PM
Demi-God

Its a bug with the server list displaying properly sometimes (struct is 'wrong' to the client in some way), you can also see high user counts (like 65k), its reproduceable with the Legends client after numerous logins. 'Random' if you will, it seems to happen when the login server is handling numerous requests or is under some sort of load.

I tried to get a packet capture but got too frustrated trying to reproduce, its really random.
Member of the "I hate devn00b" club.
Old 09-07-2009, 12:02 AM
Kivik
Fire Beetle

Not sure how many of you that got this problem had it happen on wireless connection pc's but for me i had this issue only on my laptop. sometimes i could get in using the last server connect by taking the config file from my desktop and pasting it into the laptop folder,anyway today i solved this issue 100 pct.
I decided to try a ethernet connection instead of the wireless on the laptop and it worked every time 100 percent no issues with about 15-20 sucessful logins tested today.
laptop is Vista 64 bit core duo 4 gig ddr2 9800 gt 512
hope this helps someone else
Old 09-07-2009, 07:00 PM
savage_82585
Fire Beetle

I was having this issue, now when I log in I cansee the server list, but as soon as i click enter world, it all goes black and just freezes, nothing will respond, I don't know if its two connected issues or if im having a different one, anyone know?
Old 03-15-2010, 06:13 PM
Myguardian21
Fire Beetle

Default Similarities with blank login screen

After reading for several hours and having the same problem i have come to this conclusion. Most have At&t and windows vista. I have been able to log on at the local panera breads wifi and worked fine. This tells me its not anything with my install or laptop. It is the provider or modem. I have ran straight modem and with router on both laptop and computer. I believe it is people with at&t that is having this problem or maybe its just the modem they provide. Reguardless i believe its them since it works fine at the coffee shops wifi.

Quote:
Originally Posted by trevius View Post
Finding similarities is probably a good idea for issues like this. You might also want to add what OS everyone having this problem is running. Maybe it is an issue with some Vista security feature.

Also, note that problems like this might happen if you have P2P or Torrent programs running on any of the PCs in your house. If you have any of these types of programs running, try closing them and see if that helps.
Old 03-25-2010, 01:09 AM
Davepoo
Fire Beetle

Have AT&T, new router fixed my problem, now if only the server wouldn't keep booting everyone . . .