Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > General > General::General Discussion

General::General Discussion General discussion about EverQuest(tm), EQEMu, and related topics.
Do not post support topics here.

Old 01-22-2009, 07:56 PM
porigromus
Fire Beetle

Default EQ Mac Emulator

I was wondering if anyone has any knowledge of a EQ Mac emulator? The reason I ask is it's code is still at PoP and would be easier for one to revert back to Velious.
Old 01-23-2009, 03:09 AM
Romell
Fire Beetle

There is not an emulator for the mac client. If you own a mac you may be able to find a virtual windows environment to run on the mac to load titanium.
Old 01-23-2009, 09:54 AM
unknownhost
Sarnak

not what you are looking for exactly but heres a nice write-up on the PEQ forums on how to make EQEmu work with EQMac. never read up anything at all about hosting a server on a mac though. (think link is client only)

How To Make EQ Work On A Mac
Old 01-23-2009, 10:01 AM
porigromus
Fire Beetle

Thanks, well I own a PC but I was more curious about trying to find older databases and EQemu server. I thought since EQ Mac stopped at PoP it would be my best chance.

I find the Pwnedemu.com project very exciting only that it's focus is PvP or I would play it. It seems to be closest to classic EQ you can get at this point in time. Thanks fellas for your suggestions. It's unfortunate that the devs of pwnedemu.com do not share their code so someone could produce a PvE server from it.
Old 01-23-2009, 10:09 AM
unknownhost
Sarnak

wish could be more help.

have you checked into Angelox's classic database? not sure but "think" its the closest to classic you'll find here.
Old 01-23-2009, 10:25 AM
porigromus
Fire Beetle

Quote:
Originally Posted by unknownhost View Post
wish could be more help.

have you checked into Angelox's classic database? not sure but "think" its the closest to classic you'll find here.
Thank you for the suggestions. I will look into that database to see if it takes out stuff such as books, bazaar, bezerkers, beastlords, Luclin +, etc etc Would be nice to see the old world again and possibly host a server or something. Cheers!
Old 01-23-2009, 10:35 AM
porigromus
Fire Beetle

Well I looked into the database you mentioned but not what I am looking for. I still appreciate the suggestion.
Old 01-23-2009, 07:48 PM
rojadruid
Discordant

Quote:
Originally Posted by porigromus View Post
Well I looked into the database you mentioned but not what I am looking for. I still appreciate the suggestion.

Does not projecteq.net have a link to a basic older database Kunark if I remember correctly.

Innoruuk Server [legit]
Server Admin.
Server Status: UP
Old 01-25-2009, 04:25 PM
Yeormom
Discordant

Macintosh...ewwww