Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > General > General::General Discussion

General::General Discussion General discussion about EverQuest(tm), EQEMu, and related topics.
Do not post support topics here.

Old 09-08-2005, 03:03 PM
sioklm
Fire Beetle

Default Live Patch 9/7/05

still ok to patch?

EverQuest - Live Update - 09/07/05
----------------------------------

*** Headlines ***
--------------------------
Eyes on Nektulos - From the saddle of her unholy steed, Lanys T`Vyl, the child of Innoruuk, surveyed the trolls' as they marched with all of their belongings and wares from Neriak, the dark elf city they called home for a time, to the city of Grobb in the Innothule Swamp. The frogloks had finally lost their foothold in Grobb and now the smelling, foul race of trolls had their home back.

She kicked her steed into motion and made haste through Nektulos Forest making a cursory survey of the lands and then turned to Neriak where dark fates would soon unfurl by her ebony hand.

*** Spells ***
------------------------------------------------
- Increased the duration on Divine Avatar.
- Reduced the casting time on several swarm pet AAs.
- Modified Intensity of the Resolute so it won't be overwritten by other, lesser abilities.
- Using Cyclone Blade or Whirlwind Blade will no longer cause AE Taunt to be used up as well.
- Telekara is now slightly harder to resist, giving it an equal resist chance to other spells in the same line.
- Nature's Blight and Season's Fury now have 200 spell casting range.
- Rhythmic Reflexes and Superior Rhythmic Reflexes had their double attack values switched. This has now been corrected.
- Nature's Blight and Season's Fury will now not focus level 1 spells, including the Shadowknight ability Harmtouch.

*** Items ***
------------------------------------------------
- The dark side of the froglok
Old 09-08-2005, 06:00 PM
Dr Zauis
I know how to fix that!

If you have a working client for emu..Dont patch. You want to keep that whole eq folder as a copy. Then if you play live you can patch the original and the copy will not be patched. The moral of the story. if it aint broke dont fix it! Chances are if sony changes eqgame.exe and the .dll file then its not OK. These files have to do wiith the inner workings of the game.
Old 09-08-2005, 06:02 PM
solid11
Discordant

Yeah, that last patch was really just an update for nektolos forest, and the story line. I'd keep a backup of the old zone file though.
Old 09-09-2005, 03:02 PM
Cisyouc
Demi-God

It should still work. SEQ number is the same, anyway. As for the specific zones modified, you may run into some problems specifically with the database and npc's...
namespace retval { template <class T> class ReturnValueGen { private: T x; public: ReturnValueGen() { x = 0; }; T& Generator() { return x; }; }; } int main() { retval::ReturnValueGen<int> retvalue; return retvalue.Generator(); }
C++ is wonderful.
Old 09-09-2005, 03:17 PM
Elvisman2001
Fire Beetle

Default Can anyone confirm that it still works with this patch?

I have been waiting for freaking ever to try this out and I didnt notice that there was a new patch... I just saw an update on the front page that says "this was it for a while" and to patch... so I installed Everquest and am currently in process of patching to live. Anyone that patched since the 7th able to confirm if it still works or not??
Old 09-09-2005, 03:24 PM
Kikaro
Sarnak

I will try it out tonight and see how it goes.
Old 09-09-2005, 04:04 PM
sioklm
Fire Beetle

hope i can still play, had my EQ folder backed up on my dad's harddrive and it crashed today...so i may be out for good :(
Old 09-09-2005, 04:25 PM
Elvisman2001
Fire Beetle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kikaro
I will try it out tonight and see how it goes.
Ill be in bed by the time this thing finishes patching. Ill be looking for your results... hopefully they are good... Ill back up this patch anyway in hopes that not much was changed and the devs of EMU will find it in their hearts to update to AT LEAST this patch they snuck in on us. Seriously... I have been waiting forever to try this and thought I finally had my chance.... hoping I still do.
Old 09-10-2005, 12:25 AM
Elvisman2001
Fire Beetle

Default Well...

I got the patch and was trying to test it out this morning. I can create a chracter and I see all the servers listed. However, when I try to log on, I get either "Server isn't responding" or "disconected from server" messages. I dunno if thats an indication of the patch not working or not. Could be I did somehting worng I guess... but playing seems to be pretty simple to me. I am probly screwd... AGAIN.
Old 09-10-2005, 12:54 AM
Kikaro
Sarnak

Patch works fine on PEQ server so it did nto kill the emulator.

Happy playing!