Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Support > Support::General Support

Support::General Support Post all topics here having to do with errors while trying to connect to an EQEMu server but not about the setup/running of the Server itself.

Old 12-11-2016, 04:51 PM
Meddera
Sarnak

Default EQ Titanium Issues

I originally installed using the installer but have been trying to go back and do a manual installation so I can make some changes. I have posted some of my issues to the server forum but one thing I also did was uninstall my EQ Titanium copy and reinstall it.

When I try to connect to the server it will not accept my username and password even though I made the changes to eqhost and to the eq shortcut as I did before.

One thing I have noticed, is even after uninstalling and deleted the game and the shortcut the new shortcut seem to still have my user name saved. Is there something else I need to clear out? Maybe some cache somewhere?
Old 12-12-2016, 05:45 AM
RinoaV
Fire Beetle

Provided that you were able to connect to the server with the old install, I would hazard a guess that either the shortcut doesn't have the patchme command-line which would mean re-installing again, or the eqhost.txt file is not pointed to "Host=login.eqemulator.net:5998".
Old 12-12-2016, 06:51 PM
Meddera
Sarnak

Thanks for the reply, the directions I had initially failed to mention 'login' before eqemulator in the Host file. Made that change and it started right up.
Old 12-12-2016, 09:32 PM
ghanja
Dragon

http://wiki.eqemulator.org/p?Play_Gu...etting_Started

(for anyone that finds this thread along with the others in a search)