Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Development > Development::Tools

Development::Tools 3rd Party Tools for EQEMu (DB management tools, front ends, etc...)

Old 04-28-2010, 01:49 PM
mixxit
Hill Giant

<3 u cd can't wait
Old 05-05-2010, 01:44 PM
cavedude
The PEQ Dude

Alright, full item support has been added to the editor. I am not 100% happy with the layout, and a couple of other small things, plus the code is a mess I know but it's good enough for now. I won't nitpick as I need to get back to LDoN full time.

I think it's pretty self explanatory, and I tried to dig up as much data for drop downs as possible. In some cases I went item by item on 13th floor to figure out what the values mean (or probably mean.)
Old 05-06-2010, 06:22 AM
mixxit
Hill Giant

Great!! Thanks again Cavedude!
Old 05-07-2010, 04:35 AM
Nagus69
Sarnak

Good job again - just tried this out. Copy and paste of an existing item takes now roughly 0.1 sec compared to minutes using George tool remote- saying that's a huge improvement is a total understatement

Couple of questions or suggestions.

When you copy and paste an item (or generally) - could the Item ID be displayed beside being in the URL? Copy and pasting this is doable but a hassle.

Restrictions - A button for all races and all classes would be nice

Stats - I'd like to see classic stats (Str/Sta/Agi etc), Resists, PoTime Mods etc seperated for ease of use. Currently its one big cluster for all stats.

Spells Area - Focus/Worn/Proc type - does it make sense to use drop down lists here? Afaik using anything else than type 6 for a Focus effect or type 2 for a worn effect might even crash the client. Also, Scroll Type is always 7 or am i mistaken?

Again, take this as suggestion and feedback, not as complained! I know you said this is a basic draft and needs some work still.All is working very stable, never crashed one btw.
Old 05-07-2010, 09:30 AM
cavedude
The PEQ Dude

The item ID is displayed at the top of the window, right above the item name. You'll see Edit Item <id>

I was planning on adding a ALL and NONE button later on for all bitwise fields.

The stats is the part of the layout I am unhappy with the most. I'll probably use fields to break them up.

Yes, I can create separate dropdowns for worn, focus, and scroll. They would be 0 or the proper value.

I'm glad you like it! I am planning a LDoN release a week from today, at which point I'll revisit items and get all these changes plus others I have in mind in!
Old 05-07-2010, 02:25 PM
pfyon
Discordant

Perhaps I have some unique requirements here, but anyone have this working on a remote db through WAMP? I'm getting errors when I go to add tasks for the dropdown menus.

Apache error logs:
Code:
[Fri May 07 14:21:21 2010] [error] [client 127.0.0.1] PHP Notice:  Undefined variable: startzone in C:\\wamp\\www\\eqemueditor\\templates\\tasks\\tasks.add.tmpl.php on line 27, referer: http://localhost/eqemueditor/index.php?editor=tasks
(repeats a few hundred times)

Code:
[Fri May 07 14:21:21 2010] [error] [client 127.0.0.1] PHP Notice:  Undefined variable: repeatable in C:\\wamp\\www\\eqemueditor\\templates\\tasks\\tasks.add.tmpl.php on line 35, referer: http://localhost/eqemueditor/index.php?editor=tasks
[Fri May 07 14:21:21 2010] [error] [client 127.0.0.1] PHP Notice:  Undefined variable: repeatable in C:\\wamp\\www\\eqemueditor\\templates\\tasks\\tasks.add.tmpl.php on line 36, referer: http://localhost/eqemueditor/index.php?editor=tasks
[Fri May 07 14:21:21 2010] [error] [client 127.0.0.1] PHP Notice:  Undefined variable: rewardmethod in C:\\wamp\\www\\eqemueditor\\templates\\tasks\\tasks.add.tmpl.php on line 53, referer: http://localhost/eqemueditor/index.php?editor=tasks
[Fri May 07 14:21:21 2010] [error] [client 127.0.0.1] PHP Notice:  Undefined variable: rewardmethod in C:\\wamp\\www\\eqemueditor\\templates\\tasks\\tasks.add.tmpl.php on line 53, referer: http://localhost/eqemueditor/index.php?editor=tasks
The errors I get from php in the dropdown menu say "Notice: Undefined variable:" startzone, repeatable, and rewardmethod.

I'm running the mysql connection through a tunnel set up by PuTTy. It can access the DB no problem, since it authenticates properly. I looked through the code there and can't see why it would say it's undefined unless it's not being loaded properly earlier in the code.
Old 05-10-2010, 07:05 AM
Nagus69
Sarnak

Greats new CD!

One more suggestion - would it be possible to add a mechanism to change the
statistcs of all mobs at once in a given zone?

Let's say, i want to change faction across the board, want to make all mobs stun immune, remove the ability to flee etc. Currently i have to click each and every mob which is rather exhausting.

Thanks!
Old 05-10-2010, 07:24 AM
joligario
Developer

Manual SQL would be more efficient than writing custom code to do what you are asking...
Old 05-10-2010, 09:13 AM
Nagus69
Sarnak

No doubt,

but lots more foolproof would be the solution via the PEQFrontend. Beside not everyone is an SQL Wiz
Old 05-10-2010, 11:05 AM
joligario
Developer

Don't need to be a wiz.. post what you want to do and you will get SQL.
Old 05-11-2010, 06:39 AM
Nagus69
Sarnak

Change the faction from an entire zone to a specific one

Make all mobs (not) immune to stun

These 2 would be huge.
Old 05-11-2010, 07:36 AM
joligario
Developer

Quote:
Change the faction from an entire zone to a specific one
This is an example. Let's say I want to change all the NPC factions in Butcherblock Mountains to be on Clan Runnyeye:

Code:
UPDATE npc_types SET npc_faction_id = 54 WHERE id >= 68000 AND id < 69000;
Don't forget that will get things like the boat or hidden spawns...
Old 05-11-2010, 07:53 AM
joligario
Developer

Quote:
Make all mobs (not) immune to stun
Again, an example. To remove UNSTUNABLE from all NPCs:

Code:
UPDATE npc_types SET npcspecialattks = REPLACE(npcspecialattks, 'N', '');
Remember, this will also catch the pets. If you want pets to stay unstunable, you would add "WHERE id >= 1000"
Old 05-26-2010, 01:28 PM
Tabasco
Discordant

The item editor looks great, thanks for all your hard work.

Are there any plans to make a more complete spell editor?
I've done, and am still doing, quite a bit of research on spell values and enumerations. I have some framework for my own web-based spell editor / spells_us.txt exporter and will be doing some testing within the next few days.
After looking around at the PEQ Editor source I think it would be easy, and just make more sense, to apply my work there. I'd be happy to send you a patch when I'm done if you're interested.
Old 05-29-2010, 09:31 PM
Tabasco
Discordant

Default Spell Editor

The spell editor at least has basic functionality, search, edit, and copy spells. You can also export a current spells_us.txt file and download it through the browser.

The interface could probably use a bit better organization, but it gets the job done. For my copy I moved Spells to Spell Sets and made the Spells tab reference the editor and lookup.

http://midian.homelinux.net/peqphpeditor.tar.gz

I was working off of svn from the 26th of May.

Anyway, I'm really grateful for the work you all put into these tools and I hope this is helpful. If anyone has any more information to plug into spellenums.php I would love to get all of that in one place. The wiki is sort of dated on the topic and I'd eventually like to reference that file to update it.