Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Development > Development::Tools

Development::Tools 3rd Party Tools for EQEMu (DB management tools, front ends, etc...)

Old 05-01-2012, 07:23 PM
Uleat
Developer

If you used the default address for MySql of 127.0.0.1:3306, then you can only access it from the host server computer. You will either need to reconfigure your mysql server to the host LAN IP address, or use a port forwarding on the same computer..192.168.xxx.xxx:3306 -> 127.0.0.1:3306. I think there is a tool to reconfigure the server..if not, try the mysql config files and then reboot. Port forwarding is done via host computer and not the router in this case.

That should get you access from another LAN computer. (Don't forget to change your eqemu config files to reflect any db server address changes.)

(Editing after one hour requires admin request..I've only noticed the button not showing up on posts that I'm at a different IP from the original post.)

U

Compilin' Dirty

Last edited by Uleat; 05-01-2012 at 07:31 PM.. Reason: Edit Button..
Old 05-01-2012, 10:47 PM
Calabeth
Sarnak

Thanks for the replay Uleat, and ahhh gotcha on the edit button info.

Now as far as mysql database I have good access to it using this tool from a remote comp. The part that does not seem to be connecting is the stuff on the status page.

Now in regards to that I think I have chases that issue down to not havin admin rights in general for the processes on the server comp since it is running XP Home as the OS.
I am going to try and learn how to run Linux off that comp sometime, unless I can find a really cheap copy of XP Pro, or a friend that has it and no longer using.
Old 05-02-2012, 08:45 AM
nosfentora
Discordant

Unfortunately XP Home doesn't allow Remote Admin, though with some google searches there are some 'patches' that can enable it. Not sure I'd recommend it though.
Old 05-03-2012, 11:16 AM
nosfentora
Discordant

0.0.2.2 ALPHA
http://www.mediafire.com/?3uwad25go1fdm

* Fixed bug that wouldn't allow equipping of a naked bot when no other bots existed or no inventory was found.

Thanks Calabeth for finding that!
Old 05-03-2012, 03:28 PM
Calabeth
Sarnak

Awesome hehe I'll get this one and check that one out shortly. As for the patches I found one but it needed some .dll files from pro and some registry editing so I passed on that.

A friend of mine says he has a CD of an XP Pro VL and key from a few companys that are no longer around. So whenever I get over there I'll have that to install on server machine hehe. With the warmer weather coming around the server machine is getting moved off elsewhere for slightly less heat and most of all less noise lol.
Old 05-04-2012, 12:18 AM
Calabeth
Sarnak

Ok checked it out some more. Now this is what I found to happen and maybe it's not fully implemented yet.

Character Editor loads PC's but not bots. Equipment editor loads both types, but I am not able to drag/drop gear onto slots at all.
So far in testing did basic leveling. I am at lvl 7 ( Drakkin Warrior ) now and had assigned myself base lvl defiant armor. Now I have a good mixture of bots now some with armor and some none at all. Was not able to drag and drop any armor to naked ones or replace pieces on others for any slot.

But maybe I dont have a setting set up correctly that might cause this? I run on Win 7 Home x64
Old 05-04-2012, 01:49 PM
nosfentora
Discordant

0.0.2.3 ALPHA

* Fixed problem equipping certain races.

NOTE: Character Editing bots is not implemented yet.

Thanks again Calabeth!
Old 05-04-2012, 10:18 PM
Calabeth
Sarnak

Awesome work so far Nos , more feedback for you lol.

I can now update myself as a PC Drakkin with gear via drag/drop.

Most of the bots I can also do this with regardless of if they are naked or have gear already, with the exception of Drakkin and Vah Shir.

When you click on the "load in toons" button neither of them show up in the races column, that remains blank for those 2 races. I have not tried all of the races so far as of yet but I have checked, Barb, wood elf, and high elf. When I get a chance I am going to make 1 bot of all the other races also and see if they show up to provide more feedback for you.

Ok was bored and had not shut server comp down. So all other races are not checked and add Iksar and Froglok to the list that are not equippable as bots. All of the others were cleared and ready to go for equipment loading by hand.
Old 05-07-2012, 09:32 AM
nosfentora
Discordant

0.0.2.4 ALPHA

* Fixed problem equipping certain bot races.
* Fixed Load Bots not displaying Race/Class correctly.

Thanks again to Calabeth!
Old 05-08-2012, 04:33 PM
Calabeth
Sarnak

Awesome work Nos Can now equip bots and PC's of all races and classes hehe. Until you enable some other items later on like opening bags and editing contents in that. I think I'll play in game explore around some then look into messing around with editing some items and spells see if I can break anything there to report lol.
Old 05-09-2012, 09:06 AM
nosfentora
Discordant

Sounds good!

You can open bags already, just click on it. Should open up and display the contents. Right click on the items to modify them.

Dragging from bags to equip isn't enabled yet, nor is dragging from equipped items to inventory.

If there's anything specific you want to do that's not implemented, let me know.
Old 06-18-2012, 10:43 AM
nosfentora
Discordant

0.0.2.6 ALPHA

Also an updated icon pack for VoA item support (Thanks GeorgeS!)

* many fixes / error handling implemented
* converted 'collapsable' groups to tabbed format
* 'Gear Up' button added to Item Editor, one click to gear all (or selected) slots of character or bot, based on level / race / class and hp / mana / ac stats of the item.

Please post or PM me with any errors / bugs you find.
Old 08-17-2012, 02:38 AM
dew1960
Sarnak

Default Does this work?

Hi!

I downloaded your ServerAdmin tool and the updated icon pack. Installed them according you your short and sweet readme.

I opened up the application after nagging errors stating that it appears I did not create the server on this machine - no encryption key, blah blah.

I got past the errors clicking ok and entereed mysql db infor and server login,

- Server login is an account name I use to login and play on my server, is that right? I used my GM account to make sure it had enough status to function.

The application crashed time after time and seems highly unstable at this point. I know it is alpha but I couldn't get anything to work. Before I entered my info I browsed the tool tabs to see what it shoud be able to do. I saved my information, after clicking continue past the errors. And restarted as prompted.

Anyway, after several attempts (each time gettng the same nagging error popup window about encryption) I gave up and closed the app.

It seems to not be working, at least for me. Did I do something wrong? Cause if there is a way to screw something up, you can bet I probably will, LOL.

I like the idea, I know it is just in Alpha stage and I hope to see it become stable in time for use. I have GeorgeS tools but it took me a while to figure out how to use them. Some of those crash too. I would like to see all his tools rolled into one app. I dunno if he still supports his tools I have not seen anything new from him in a long time. The EqEmu Admin tool 5.9 (latest?) on source forge is several years old and does not seem to work with the current server core an DB. At least it didn't for me.

I am looking for an easy to use all around editor. I tried the PEQPHPEditor from
http://www.peqtgc.com/tools_.php#peqe but that doesn't work for me either, well it does for some things but keeps throwing errors out and crashing. Something about the coding and php not gettng along!

Is there a current tool that works for editng all the stuff in the DB other than GeorgeS? So far his seem to be teh most stable with the least crashes, once I figured out how to use them and got over the malware complaints from my browser when I downloaded them (made me a bit nervous at first) .

Well, I have high hopes that this will fully develop into something useful.

Adventure Unlimted - Underfoot!
Old 08-20-2012, 12:24 AM
GeorgeS
Forum Guide

Actually the reason few make tools like these is the complexity involved and time required. I have invested 10 years in this project.

I fix bugs as soon as they are reported - did you report any?

http://www.georgestools.chrsschb.com//
Old 08-20-2012, 12:41 AM
dew1960
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeorgeS View Post
Actually the reason few make tools like these is the complexity involved and time required. I have invested 10 years in this project.

I fix bugs as soon as they are reported - did you report any?
I like your tools George

I would like to see your tools rolled into one package. Do you have any plans to do that in the future? Keep up the good work.

I also finally got the peqphpeditor working. I adjusted some php.ini settings and it works for me now.

I did not report any bugs, my problems were most likely from not understanding how to use your tools. I did not get a readme or documentation with your tools when I downloaded them other than how to install. Nothing that explains how to do stuff anyway. Do you have any docs or help files for them? Some things were not obvious to me but I am learning them as I go. It could just be me, I am dense sometimes, LOL. I meant no offense to you. Thanks again

If you don't know, there are all kinds of Malware warnings that popup with Google chrome when visiting your website. I checked with several AV and Malware detection programs and found no problems. You might want to contact Google and appeal that. Have a nice day!

Adventure Unlimted - Underfoot!