Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Development > Development::Tools

Development::Tools 3rd Party Tools for EQEMu (DB management tools, front ends, etc...)

Old 06-11-2015, 11:48 AM
lakelife1998
Fire Beetle

Default PEQPHP Editor Problems

Hello, due to some problems with the EOC Database editor, I found the Source of the Editor and i tried to install it to my domain but i'm having issues connecting to it. The database in question is behind a corporate firewall so access is limited. I already had the port :3306 opened to my domains IP but for some reason its not allowing it threu. I have another server i popped up on a aws with zero permissions and it allowed it threw. But the one with the MySQL Port open it wont allow threu. It almost makes it seem like it wont go thru a port, that the editor wants to connect to the IP but no have a port variable on it.

Warning: mysql_connect() [function.mysql-connect]: Can't connect to MySQL server on 'XXX' (4) in /home/rampage/public_html/ProjectEQ/classes/mysql.php on line 6
Could not connect: Can't connect to MySQL server on 'XXX' (4)

but the other config follows as ( working one )

// Database Information:
$dbhost = 'xxx';
$dbuser = 'xxx';
$dbpass = 'xxx';
$db = 'PEQ';

Yea i know i blocked the IP out and theres no way you can verify the no suffix port but thats how it is on the other one that works
Old 06-12-2015, 10:30 AM
provocating
Demi-God

So can you connect to that database with a program like HeidiSQL? Where is the PeqEditor installed? Is it installed at the site with the database or elsewhere?
Old 06-15-2015, 10:06 AM
lakelife1998
Fire Beetle

Quote:
Originally Posted by provocating View Post
So can you connect to that database with a program like HeidiSQL? Where is the PeqEditor installed? Is it installed at the site with the database or elsewhere?
I use NaviCat and I can connect. Not sure if this helps or hinders it, but i made a custom user for this, gave it sufficient permissions. I also tried with root and my root pw to the db and it still wont connect.. The current situation for the server in question is the same as the one allowed me to connect, editor separate from server host, and make a new user specifically for this.
PeqEditor is installed on my domain's host and has a separate host than the eqserver in question.
Old 06-15-2015, 10:19 AM
provocating
Demi-God

Without actually giving the config out, you are making it harder to diagnose. Just change a few of the octets of the addresses, that is a safe way of posting your configs. Obfuscating too much information makes it very hard to see where your problem is, sounds like a simple networking issue though.

On a side note if you have PhpMyAdmin installed and working on a host, that host should be able to house PeqEditor with the exact same setup.