Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Development > Development::Development

Development::Development Forum for development topics and for those interested in EQEMu development. (Not a support forum)

Old 06-13-2018, 02:07 AM
superemu
Sarnak

Default Visible zone controller

I keep seeing the zone controller npc name in game. There is no actual model and I cant target it, but i can still see the name floating in the air. Why is this happening?
Old 06-13-2018, 05:28 AM
Splose
Banned

Zone_controller is now hardcoded into the source to spawn at a certain entity id in every zone I believe. You can do a ton of things with it but if you would like to disable it check this rule "Zone:UseZoneController".

It should be at loc 0 0 0 and you shouldn't be seeing the name. The only way I ever see it is MQ2Maps.
Old 06-13-2018, 11:29 AM
superemu
Sarnak

Well, I don't want to get rid of it. I just don't want to see it. Anyone know why I would be seeing it? I am running an older version of the code. What drives the invisibility of the zone controller NPC?
Old 06-13-2018, 04:03 PM
Uleat
Developer

I haven't looked at the code..

..but, if players don't need to interact with it, there's no reason we can't treat it like we do gms with hideme active.

Compilin' Dirty
Old 06-13-2018, 11:48 PM
Splose
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by superemu View Post
Well, I don't want to get rid of it. I just don't want to see it. Anyone know why I would be seeing it? I am running an older version of the code. What drives the invisibility of the zone controller NPC?
I'm really not sure. The original zone controller was an actual NPC in your database. If you used the old version of Akkadius' scaling there was a query in there that added it to your npc_types.. try checking that and set the flags for the npc accordingly.
Old 06-14-2018, 01:49 AM
GRUMPY
Discordant

In features.h

#define ZONE_CONTROLLER_NPC_ID 10