Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Support > Support::Windows Servers

Support::Windows Servers Support forum for Windows EQEMu users.

Old 06-15-2018, 11:04 PM
migli
Fire Beetle

Default Zone issues

Earlier this week I had to make a new server because I had some characters stuck in gfay that would not load. I created a wood elf and could not zone in. A minute or so after clicking 'Enter World', any character in gfay would crash back top character select. I made a new server tonight and after running eqemu_install.bat 2 additional times, I was finally able to zone into gfay. Does anybody have an idea what I'm missing here? Fwiw, I could zone into gfay on the original server for almost 6 months before it quit working last week.
Old 06-18-2018, 10:50 AM
Shiny151
Hill Giant

I've had weird issues like this happen on various servers that I have created in the past. I could never pinpoint exactly what was causing the problem. Crash logs might help.

You do have a couple of possible options to move that character. I'd first try logging in with a different client if you have one. If you can at least get to the character selection screen try "returning to home" to get them out of the stuck zone. I can't remember if all clients have that option.

Or, if you're proficient with editing the database you can actually move where your character is camped at. I'm not sure if you can use a GM character to summon any character that is offline but there may be a command for that now. I'm not certain on that one because I have not reviewed the updated commands in a while.
Old 06-18-2018, 02:49 PM
Nightrider84
Discordant

Usually the underlying issue with being able to get to character select and not zone in is related to your port forward settings. Also your zone.exe could not be loading up correctly making it so the zone itself doesn't spawn when you run the server. But the primary reason for not loading in is usually port forwarding. That is assuming your trying to login through eqemu's login server.