Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Support > Support::Windows Servers

Support::Windows Servers Support forum for Windows EQEMu users.

Old 12-23-2018, 09:39 AM
bushman77
Hill Giant

Default 100% offfline install

i been away from eqemu for a quite sometime and have seen some major changes
So internet connection is a requirement to install the server platforn?? Is there an alternative to using github like a 100% offline installer i can download 1st then move to an isolated machine for install?? *weather disasture happened* and lugging a big machine like it to a restaurant is completely out of the questiion lol
Old 12-23-2018, 01:08 PM
Nightrider84
Discordant

if you use the install guide on the wiki you actually hafto download all of the required files ahead of time anyways. So you could technically download all the required programs maps ect onto a flash drive, then just install and compile the server afterwards. when you compile the server afterwards you can make a login server during the compile to use for complete offline purpose.

Edit: Well just went and looked and realized the server stuff isnt there anymore lol so ill figure something out for you in a second.

Edit 2: Not sure how to handle offline atm since the wiki guide isn't there for it anymore.
Old 10-25-2022, 09:54 AM
bushman77
Hill Giant

Suppose someone be able to archive up a vanilla install and post it in an online repo somewhere, or can this be installed on an iPhone?? Lol
Old 10-25-2022, 10:32 AM
Huppy
Demi-God

Quote:
Originally Posted by bushman77 View Post
Is there an alternative to using github like a 100% offline installer i can download 1st then move to an isolated machine for install??

Quote:
Originally Posted by bushman77 View Post
Suppose someone be able to archive up a vanilla install and post it in an online repo somewhere, or can this be installed on an iPhone?? Lol
If your cell phone has a "mobile hotspot - tethering" option on it, (the phone is sharing it's internet/data connection) and the desktop computer is setup for wifi, you can just use that system to connect your desktop to the internet and install the server.

Just keep in mind, using up your phone data, the maps are about 1.1 GB download by themselves. (Some people don't have unlimited data on their phone).
Old 10-26-2022, 11:04 AM
bushman77
Hill Giant

I’ve got an extremely slow data type on my phone I’d about the speed of dial up and spotty connections, I’m imagining the bears and coyotes are laughing at me lol
Old 10-27-2022, 12:18 AM
bushman77
Hill Giant

Default Data

Guess I’m stuck buying some awesome G3 speed data lol