Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Support > Spell Support

Spell Support Broken Spells? Want them Fixed? Request it here.

Old 04-28-2015, 11:45 AM
Bandor
Hill Giant

Default Spell Globals?

So from what I understand I can make spells global and pretty much make them quest rewards in a way. I have set my globals and all that good stuff and modified my db to enable global checks. However I can't seem to find any info on how to make a spell scriber not scribe the spells that are global. Anyone know any way of making this happen? Hope that makes sense.
Old 04-30-2015, 08:39 AM
Bandor
Hill Giant

Anyone have any ideas on this? Starting to hinder my progress a bit.
Old 04-30-2015, 01:29 PM
ghanja
Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bandor View Post
So from what I understand I can make spells global and pretty much make them quest rewards in a way. I have set my globals and all that good stuff and modified my db to enable global checks. However I can't seem to find any info on how to make a spell scriber not scribe the spells that are global. Anyone know any way of making this happen? Hope that makes sense.
Spell globals is a system that I believe Kingly made (forget who), requiring a quest global to have a certain value before it can be scribed.

Perhaps its a misunderstanding on my part or on yours explaining or maybe even understanding what they spell globals "do"?

The following example will scribe all level 1 to 9 spells for all classes:

Code:
quest::scribespells (9,1);
Going by PEQ stock DB now. If you didn't want, say, Minor Healing (ID 200) to be scribed unless the player had the quest global with a key name of say "ungimped" (ex. $qglobal{"ungimped"} ) with a value of 4 (it -may- be >= 4, I would have to look at the source) declared, you would in your 'spell_globals' table place:

spellid: 200
spell_name: Minor Healing
qglobal: ungimped
value: 4

Code:
quest::setglobal("ungimped",4,5,"F");

Does that help you at all? You were just using the word "global" by itself, not really specifying quest or spell as to what type of global, where as both are involved, so it was a little bit of a confusing read (that is to know whether or not you fully understood how it works).

If that didn't help, let me know, I'll try to provide more information/code examples.
Old 04-30-2015, 03:38 PM
Kingly_Krab
Administrator

I actually didn't write the system, I just spoke about it more than anyone else, as it was highly undocumented.
Old 04-30-2015, 07:32 PM
Bandor
Hill Giant

Yes that helped my a lot Ghanja. Only Question Is I have some spells useable by multiple classes that I dont wan't scriber per say. Basically I have a quest that will reward you with an item and a spell of your choice. Ideally I would want the spell scriber to have nothing to do with those spells at all. So im assuming based on the information you provided, I could set all of those spells with a Global of whatever name and all a value of 1. My Question however is do I add text to the

Code:
quest::scribespells(75, 71);

Currently I have all the spells set to Globals on and have the spells set to a value of 2. Those spells are quest rewarded and should NOT be scribed by the scriber. However It appears It is still scribing the spells regardless of if the player has the required global or not.
Old 04-30-2015, 07:45 PM
Bandor
Hill Giant

Oh my. Appears I left globals off on the scriber like an idiot lol. Gave it a update and going to try again.
Old 04-30-2015, 07:51 PM
Bandor
Hill Giant

Works perfect. So just to clarify this whole mess there were 0 changes needed to be made aside from my turning on his globals, didnt think to turn them on since there were no global commands in his quest but that fixed the problem! thank you for sparking my little thinker lol