Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Support > Support::General Support

Support::General Support Post all topics here having to do with errors while trying to connect to an EQEMu server but not about the setup/running of the Server itself.

Old 04-18-2006, 08:21 PM
attempt37
Fire Beetle

Default Timeout error when trying to log in

I managed to get a 0.6.6 server up and running (thanks to an old hard drive I forgot I had/haven't used in a year and a half still having the old EQ client lol). I was logging in just fine on Tuesday morning (Eastern) and having no problems. I was working on getting my server stuff together, having some small issues here and there and trying to figure out how to create new items to put in the database for unique NPCs I wanted to add. So anyway, to make a long story short, I logged out of the client on Tuesday evening and now I can't connect to the server list. The first 4 times I tried logging in (using the same client and shortcut from Tuesday morning), I got time out errors. The 5th time I logged in I got to the server list, but it was blank. I haven't gotten back to the server list screen since. I keep getting timeout errors. I was wondering if the EQEMU login server was down since the release of 0.7.0 for maintenance, or if there is some other issue that I haven't been able to figure out on my end that is causing this.

So far I have deleted and recreated my eqhost file, deleted and recreated my shortcut, and tried accessing the login through my server machine. I was connected to my server yesterday, but now I can't connect to any EQEmu servers. If this is an issue that the devs are aware of and working on, I apologize for creating a post, however I did a search on the forums and I didn't see anything about this.

EDIT: I can launch my server just fine and it loads up it's zones just fine, but I can't connect the eqclient.

Last edited by attempt37; 04-19-2006 at 04:24 AM..