Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > General > General::Server Discussion

General::Server Discussion Discussion about emulator servers.
Do not post support topics here.

Old 12-18-2008, 08:09 AM
Cvinion
Sarnak

Default Icelance, What makes a great server.

I know there is a thread about Icelance already up, but I figured it needed a stronger mention here to hopefully explain itself a little more clearly to those interested in a custom legit server.

To start Icelance is a server based around quick experience, good loot and amazing community. Since joining I have met new friends, as well as caught up with a few old ones, All while enjoying the fast paced action here. To start let me explain the server.

Icelance is a custom server that has increased xp/aaxp, (I believe 3x or 4x EXP and 5x AAxp respectably) This increase in XP goes hand in hand with the quick learning of skills, I believe its 3x normal skill increases as to keep up with the leveling. This server lets you make a character and play for however long you want to and still feel accomplished, however at the end game there are some serious tasks and custom quests that keep the game entertaining. These quests include Epic 1.5's, A point system similar to Ldon however no instances, custom Aug's, Three separate tiers of archetype specific armor.. and the list goes on.

Not only are there things to keep you going, but the raid content is outstanding as far as a smaller world would go, as of now there are 4 incredibly hard bosses for the Epic 1.5 and these are all geared towards small raid forces, (8 - 15 players) so as to keep these still doable with the players normally found on the server. While raiding you'll meet some great people and have some fun times even while grinding for the newest item, or the AA that makes you that much better, the community is just so friendly and helpful.

This server starts in the tutorial zone, and helps you with random level specific drops throughout the world, there are 8 zones currently that are the "hot zones" for leveling which are included in this loot system and even though I have a couple characters at max level I am still seeing new drops that I have never seen before, as well as the common ones used for gearing up on the climb to 70. Speaking of gear this server also has new gear added every week, not just loot, but augments, quest gear, epic items, everything you would need to keep you entertained for a long, long time here.

Icelance also brings great support from the lead GM Kilra, he is a very fair and open person with updates and the player base. He has tuned the raid mobs countless times to make the encounters near perfection for the desired outcome. He updates constantly and enjoys doing this so we have a great place to play, all in all he runs a server how it should be, not too much interference and tons of feedback options to help improve it daily.

This server is still starting out though, it has yet to reach the pinnacle where everyone is 70 with max AA's and it still has a long way to go to get there. This is one of the other great parts of Icelance, you can start out and within a day or two find a clique to hang out with and group with nearly constantly, people here are very very friendly and usually around at all hours.

The only downside of this server is it's population, right now there are 8-12 people on in off hours and at peak its looking like 20 or so, with another 15 - 20 players this server could really start developing at a rate which would rival some of the long standing servers.

So why not give it a try, get in to a server at the beginning make some friends and end up helping Icelance grow into something greater than most custom servers have seen before.

http://icelance.forumotion.com/

As an aside, if you don't trust my judgement I have made similar posts to servers I have enjoyed such as the old Alakamin, CKV classic, Fridgecritters and multiple others that have shined in their time, this one however seems that it will go the distance and keep everyone playing enthralled.
Old 12-18-2008, 07:49 PM
liquest
"Special" Member

Aye this is a great server, i started back before dev started.(dont ask why) but it is a steady server with lvls and aa's grouping/raiding. i do reccomend it to people who enjoy servers like SOA...but keep in mind we are still in dev. come try us out we would like to see a nice player base going

~Tavish 70 Ranger
Old 01-15-2009, 03:03 PM
Kilralpine
Sarnak

We Are No Longer In Dev, Currently There Are Two Raid Zones, First Must Be Cleared To Access The Second... ect...

We Have An Average of 30 People; Peak was 55

I Do Regular Daily Updates With a Full Changelog On The Website For Every Single Day

Visit the website listed above to get more info:

Server Currently runs 0.7.0 1129 Rev271 (Most Up To Date As Of Jan 15th, 2009
Debian Linux

-Icelance Gm Admin Kilralpine