Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Support > Support::General Support

Support::General Support Post all topics here having to do with errors while trying to connect to an EQEMu server but not about the setup/running of the Server itself.

Old 05-31-2009, 02:40 PM
provocating
Demi-God

Default POJ Character Flagging

Okay I finally tackled the Linux Server, I have moved everything over to Linux today and going great so far. I know longer crash going from PoT to PoV, but it throws me to a zone safe point. I found this is an error log.

Code:
3594 [05.31. - 13:26:26] Starting Log: logs/eqemu_error_zone.log
3594 [05.31. - 13:26:26] Zoning Provocating: Rules prevent this char from zoning into 'povalor'
3594 [05.31. - 13:26:26] Zone 208 is not available because target wasn't found or character insufficent level
Now I checked the in Quest Globals and I am flagged. Here is the delimited row, and I am indeed character number 4.

Code:
"16712";"4";"0";"0";"pop_poj_valor_storms";"1";NULL
Old 05-31-2009, 02:50 PM
leslamarch
Discordant

Quote:
3594 [05.31. - 13:26:26] Zone 208 is not available because target wasn't found or character insufficent level
what level is the character and what level do you have set on the zone? looks like the level on the zone is set higher then your character?
Old 05-31-2009, 02:59 PM
provocating
Demi-God

He is level 65, no level limitations on the zone, plain vanilla PEQ.
Old 05-31-2009, 05:36 PM
gaeorn
Developer

quest_globals is used for tracking the quest status, not for zone entry. zone_flags is used for zone entry. once you have the proper entries in quest_globals (by completing the proper quests), you go to PoK and say the correct text to the planar projection next to the seer. If you do not know what the text is, you can get that information from the seer.
Old 05-31-2009, 05:55 PM
provocating
Demi-God

Are you sure ?

http://www.theclenchedfist.com/Conte...ge/pid=10.html

Code:
Plane of Justice (Level 46+)
 Access to Plane of Valor and Plane of Storms (Charm upgrade and AA)
 Access to Plane of Trials

Preflagged for Mavuin
    The evidence of Mavuin is the only thing that can save him now.

Trial of Execution |  Trial of Flame |  Trial of Hanging |  Trial of Lashing |  Trial of Stoning |  Trial of Torture

You have the preflag, completed the trial, and talked to the Tribunal, but have yet to go back and hail Mavuin.
    Having endured the trials, the Tribunal has agreed to reconsider Mavuin's case.

You have saved Mavuin in one of the 6 Trials in PoJ and are flagged for PoV/PoS.
    Mavuin is grateful to you for taking his case before the Tribunal. The information provided to you, that Mithaniel Marr and Karana carry information you should seek, could be quite useful.
According to that the Projection comes into play with PoI and after.
Old 05-31-2009, 09:32 PM
gaeorn
Developer

That is probably true for live.

What I do know is that in the case of Plane of Valor flagging when using the emulator server and the PEQ quests and DB, you need a flag for the zone in the table zone_flags to enter. I also know that you get that flag from the planar projection in PoK by saying "I am familiar with order" after you have the quest globals "pop_poj_mavuin", "pop_poj_tribunal" and "pop_poj_valor_storms" set for the character.

Although they try to make the game similar to live, in some cases there are minor differences. In particular, I have noticed minor differences in the planar progression quests. I have found that the only way to be sure something works exactly the same is to check the perl code directly.
Old 05-31-2009, 10:01 PM
provocating
Demi-God

So where is this guy, I did not see him with "find" earlier today.
Old 06-01-2009, 01:22 AM
gaeorn
Developer

Same room as the seer.
Old 07-21-2012, 09:59 PM
DrickosTruelight
Fire Beetle

Default A Planar Projection in PoK?

Quote:
Originally Posted by gaeorn View Post
Same room as the seer.
Thanks for the info! I started a server (with bots) less then a month ago, and the planar projection was not in the spawn tables for PoK. (I guess I might have messed up, somewhere...)

So I added him in the DB tables, and that seems to helped a lot.
Old 07-22-2012, 07:20 PM
sorvani
Dragon

You do realize that you are replying to a 3 year old post and that things have probably changed since then..

This was all changed long long ago to no longer require going to the planar projection in PoK to set zone flags and such. Progression now simply works as it does on live for the curent era. Kill PoP boss, hail PP or whatever the event calls for then move on to the next thing. No need to run to PoK.