Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Development > Development::Database/World Building

Development::Database/World Building World Building forum, dedicated to the EQEmu MySQL Database. Post partial/complete databases for spawns, items, etc.

Old 12-21-2011, 03:10 PM
dpjaf4t
Fire Beetle

Default PEQ v2083: Level 67 Shaman Pet Issue/Fix

Someone mentioned on the Irreverent server that the level 67 shaman pet (Farrel's Companion) would not obey commands or attack any mobs. Confirmed this with my sham character; the level 55 pet Spirit of the Howler did however function correctly. Also confirmed this on my test bed with PEQ database v2083 and EQEMU code v2091.

Fixed with this SQL:

UPDATE pets SET petcontrol=2, petnaming=3 WHERE npcID=551 LIMIT 1;

Both values were 0 originally.

(As far as I know, I wouldn't have rights to submit this to the peqdatabase SVN but will post it to the bugs.)
Old 12-21-2011, 04:31 PM
cavedude
The PEQ Dude

This is already fixed on PEQ, just hasn't hit SVN yet.
Old 12-22-2011, 03:40 AM
Shiny151
Hill Giant

How would you fix the Mage's Rage of Zomm pet too? I'm not seeing that particular pet listed in the 'pets' table. He too just stands there and doesn't attack.
Old 12-22-2011, 12:13 PM
cavedude
The PEQ Dude

Rage of Zomm is in the database as Burnout, otherwise it won't spawn. But, it doesn't appear to be working correctly. It's supposed to be a swarm pet, but I can't get it to act as such. Was it working correctly before the recent pet change, or was it always broken?
Old 12-24-2011, 01:47 AM
Shiny151
Hill Giant

From my understanding Rage of Zomm has always been broken on EQEmu because it is a persistent pet. It's currently permanent. It should only last for the current fight/mob once it has been cast then it goes away. The tradeoff is, Mages get a very powerful pet but they'd have to recast it for any succeeding encounter.
Old 12-24-2011, 12:04 PM
cavedude
The PEQ Dude

Well, the reason I ask is KLS did indeed get swarm pets working ages ago, and Burnout should have been included in that since he has the temp flag set in the DB. I know others certainly worked, as I tested them myself. (They would spawn, and attack the current target until either they died or it did, then despawn.) I guess I'll have to rollback locally and figure out if Burnout was always broken, or if the recent pets change did him in.
Old 12-25-2011, 06:40 PM
Shiny151
Hill Giant

Well let me retract a little of what I said above. It has always been broken on my private server; I have not altered anything so it's by default. I don't play on the PEQ Grand Creation server so I'm not sure there. However I will say that I typically run all the latest databases and I compile my own server files and my son has played a Mage for a couple of years now. One other thing I'll mention; the Mistwalker pet doesn't go away either. I'm not sure if it was designed to disappear after a battle or not but it behaves in the same fashion as Zomm.

I'm running a windows based server. I hope this helps.