Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > General > General::Server Discussion

General::Server Discussion Discussion about emulator servers.
Do not post support topics here.

Old 08-02-2013, 12:08 PM
Kilesh
Fire Beetle

Even so, we almost always have a group and invite people as they get close enough to get exp! Naysayers are the Instant Gratification Crowd (IGC)
Old 08-02-2013, 12:10 PM
jak3666
Fire Beetle

We also actively help out new players, so I'm not really sure what the issue is here. Buncha spoiled babies who wanna feel like gods in a game that they don't even know how to play properly.
Old 08-02-2013, 12:11 PM
phorest
Sarnak

And average 12+ hours a day on the server.. only lvl 37? /played = what? . No hate Baggo, just the truth. Also, what shaman spells have been removed? What % of spells are available to shaman vs other classes? Ohh. I see. While zerjz says he doesn't want a solo content server you boast of soloing, and even show how you do it so effortlessly... i wonder how long until the nerf bat smacks the Shamans of Sanctuary? Maybe everyone should just play a Shaman there and that would solve all the arguements. Good luck with it Zerjz .
Old 08-02-2013, 12:12 PM
jak3666
Fire Beetle

phorest dude literally the only mage spells missing are the summon focus items spells and those weren't added into EQ until way late. I have looked at the spell merchants and compared the available mage spells to the list of mage spells on allakhazam and those are the only spells missing.
Old 08-02-2013, 12:15 PM
jak3666
Fire Beetle

And I don't think Zerjz has ever said that he doesn't want anyone to be able to solo ever, at all, he means that he doesn't want people to be able to solo anything and everything. You're really not getting it at all.
Old 08-02-2013, 12:21 PM
jak3666
Fire Beetle

and by the way, as I'm soloing, root breaks and I get hit a few times and lose half of my total HP, it's not effortless at all, I'm just good at playing my class and play carefully without an ego and an expectation that I am a god capable of slaying whatever I want. It's not easy or effortless, it's fun and challenging and requires skill.
Old 08-02-2013, 12:25 PM
jak3666
Fire Beetle

Case in point :
Old 08-02-2013, 12:57 PM
phorest
Sarnak

"phorest dude literally the only mage spells missing are the summon focus items spells and those weren't added into EQ until way late." And what about half of the mage pet spells? The fact no earth pets available after 20? Again no hate bro. It's factual. But the server is beta. Maybe these things will change. Maybe Zerjz just like and encourages Shamans and enchanters to play on the server more because they have everything availsble to them. Best of luck to all of you. You will certainly need it.
Old 08-02-2013, 01:02 PM
zerjz3
Banned

Elemental pets do not exist after level 20 on this server because they are replaced by custom Monster Summoning pets, which you had, and which are more powerful than the elementals, because the Mage class becomes a Monster Summoner class.
Old 08-02-2013, 01:11 PM
jsr
Hill Giant

Phorest you gave your feedback and there are a heap of custom servers on emu. Rather than trying to change one of them to your liking, it would be easier for you as we'll as the server op if you played on one that you do like
Old 08-02-2013, 01:14 PM
jak3666
Fire Beetle

The really funny thing here is that even though he publically bashes this server, he made an alternate account and character after being blacklisted by basically everyone on the server for being a negative selfish douche, and tried playing on the server still, putting on this great elaborate act of being a 'new player' -- For someone who is so displeased with the server, he sure can't stop playing it...
Old 08-02-2013, 01:25 PM
phorest
Sarnak

I logged in and asked if you wanted my droppables and logged out. I have not name called . And as far as publicly "bashing" the server, please forgive me for discussing a server in the " server disscussion forum".
I'll let people come to their own conclusions based on behavior exhibited here. Best of luck to you.
Old 08-02-2013, 01:26 PM
jsr
Hill Giant

I don't think it's funny, just odd and disrespectful. People put a lot of time into developing a server according to their vision of a server. It is completely unrealistic and disrespectful for a player to expect someone, unpaid, to change their server to match the player's vision instead. By all means provide feedback, but consider the dev's perspective as well. If their vision doesn't match yours, you're on the wrong server.

Someone goes into a donut shop, picks a donut without chocolate and then complains that it doesn't have chocolate. After the shopkeeper says 'Those donuts are for people who don't like chocolate' to then go back into the shop and buy the same donut, ignoring the chocolate donut, and complain again.. well it's just odd. Let's not forget these donuts are free!
Old 08-02-2013, 01:29 PM
zerjz3
Banned

jsr, you are very wise and well-spoken and I appreciate very much the things you've had to say here in this thread. It is unfortunate that my server has made a very small group of people so unhappy, but the number of players who are enjoying it very much and appreciate the world that's been created make it worth it to me. Thank you for being the voice of reason here and providing unbiased, intelligent responses. EQEmu could use more people like yourself.
Old 08-02-2013, 01:31 PM
zerjz3
Banned

The server is back online now after a brief period of downtime earlier this morning.