Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Support > Support::Windows Servers

Support::Windows Servers Support forum for Windows EQEMu users.

Old 09-26-2006, 07:07 AM
Astaldoath
Sarnak

Default Nektulos and lavastorm zone problem

I did a search for nektulos zone problem and only found one thread, I couldnt find .eqg files to delete like it said too. Im using cavedudes database and one of the quests im making takes place in lavastorm. Is there anyway to fix the zoning problems? Thanks guys
Old 02-28-2008, 09:01 AM
ven-elexver
Banned

cavedude told me lavastorm for peq Db takes the new lavastorm eqg and the eq titanium we installed has the old so your like me we need the new lavastorm egqfile hope this helps
Old 02-29-2008, 06:39 AM
Fridgecritter
Hill Giant

Default Fix

This has been posted a few times, and has been addressed to some extent. the fix is of course to rename your nektulos.eqg file in your client directory to nektulos.eqg.bak

Having said that, I made a batch file to do this automatically if you want to distribute this to your users, feel free to do so, and if you are afraid of what it does, right-click and click edit, and you will see what commands it performs.

This is what you will see in the file:

@echo off

(This makes it so the cmd prompt doesn't display everything it is doing up on the screen)

cd..
cd..
cd..
cd..
cd..
cd..
cd..
cd..

(This changes directory to parent directory a bunch of times, the goal being to get you into C:\ )

cd progra~1

(Changes directory to C:\Program Files (DOS can only handle 8 characters))

cd Sony
cd Everquest

(changes directory to your everquest client folder)

ren nektulos.eqg nektulos.eqg.bak

(changes the filename from nektulos.eqg to nektulos.eqg.bak)

Then it pauses, wanting you to hit any key to exit the program.

So, here is the batch file, compressed using winrar.

http://www.fridgecritter.com/Nek_fix.rar

Hope this helps some people. Don't forget to run this batch file on the same hard drive you installed Everquest.
Old 02-29-2008, 09:22 AM
AndMetal
Developer

This should also do the same thing with less "fluff":

Code:
ren "C:\Program Files\Sony\EverQuest\nektulos.eqg" nektulos.eqg.bak
However, it would have to be on the C drive and under the Sony folder (when EQ first came out, it was installed to "Program Files\EverQuest", which could pose a problem). You could make it a little more dynamic this way:

Code:
@echo off
CLS

ECHO Locating nektulos.eqg ...
ECHO.
IF EXIST "C:\Program Files\Sony\EverQuest\nektulos.eqg" GOTO C_SONY_EQ
IF EXIST "C:\Program Files\EverQuest\nektulos.eqg" GOTO C_EQ
IF EXIST "D:\Program Files\Sony\EverQuest\nektulos.eqg" GOTO D_SONY_EQ
IF EXIST "D:\Program Files\EverQuest\nektulos.eqg" GOTO D_EQ
IF EXIST "E:\Program Files\Sony\EverQuest\nektulos.eqg" GOTO E_SONY_EQ
IF EXIST "E:\Program Files\EverQuest\nektulos.eqg" GOTO E_EQ

ECHO Unable to locate nektulos.eqg!
GOTO END

:C_SONY_EQ
ECHO Found "C:\Program Files\Sony\EverQuest\nektulos.eqg!"
REN "C:\Program Files\Sony\EverQuest\nektulos.eqg" nektulos.eqg.bak
IF ERRORLEVEL 1 (ECHO Rename failed!) ELSE (ECHO Renamed nektulos.eqg to nektulos.eqg.bak)
GOTO END

:C_EQ
ECHO Found "C:\Program Files\EverQuest\nektulos.eqg"
REN "C:\Program Files\EverQuest\nektulos.eqg" nektulos.eqg.bak
IF ERRORLEVEL 1 (ECHO Rename failed!) ELSE (ECHO Renamed nektulos.eqg to nektulos.eqg.bak)
GOTO END

:D_SONY_EQ
ECHO Found "D:\Program Files\Sony\EverQuest\nektulos.eqg"
REN "D:\Program Files\Sony\EverQuest\nektulos.eqg" nektulos.eqg.bak
GOTO END

:D_EQ
ECHO Found "D:\Program Files\EverQuest\nektulos.eqg"
REN "D:\Program Files\EverQuest\nektulos.eqg" nektulos.eqg.bak
GOTO END

:E_SONY_EQ
ECHO Found "E:\Program Files\Sony\EverQuest\nektulos.eqg"
REN "E:\Program Files\Sony\EverQuest\nektulos.eqg" nektulos.eqg.bak
GOTO END

:E_EQ
ECHO Found "E:\Program Files\EverQuest\nektulos.eqg"
REN "E:\Program Files\EverQuest\nektulos.eqg" nektulos.eqg.bak
GOTO END

:END
ECHO.
PAUSE
This will search drives C, D, and E in both Sony\EverQuest and EverQuest for nektulos.eqg. It will rename the first one it sees and give some semi-useful output based on what happens.

I'm sure there's a way to make it even more dynamic, but that's a little over my head at the moment.

My Contributions to the Wiki
Old 02-29-2008, 10:52 AM
Derision
Developer

I've not really played with DOS batch files, but I was bored and did a bit of research:

Code:
for /r c:\ %%a in (*.eqg) do if %%~na.eqg == nektulos.eqg rename %%a %%~na.eqg.bak
Should rename any file called nektulos.eqg to nektulos.eqg.bak anywhere on your C: drive. This should work on Win2K/XP or Vista (I only tested it on Vista).

%%~na is equivalent to `basename` in Linux. I found this info from this link:

http://www.student.oulu.fi/~vtatila/batch_tutorial.html
Old 02-29-2008, 12:59 PM
Fridgecritter
Hill Giant

Default Rofl

I just thought it would be easier just to let someone download the .bat file and use it, but you're right... Give a man a fish, and you feed him for one night, teach a man to fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.

I guess I should have posted the exact code of the batch file so people could learn from it, but anyhow, if all they want is a quick fix, or they don't want to learn batch scripting, and just want to be able to zone to Nektulos, then I guess they can use my download.

Those are interesting ways to do the same thing two different ways btw. good stuff. That is a very good batch tutorial as well. Thanks for the link.
Old 09-15-2008, 03:16 AM
Babul
Sarnak

I have renamed the nektulos.eqg file and I am able to see the zone but i noticed every time i try to cast a spell on a mob there i get spell interrupted you are unable to see your target,..

If i attack the mob with a knife is ok. So it seems there is some problem with Z coordinates how to fix this?

thanks
Old 09-15-2008, 04:03 AM
trevius
Developer

You need the correct .map file for the zone in your eqemu/maps directory. If it is trying to use the new .map file, it won't work properly.
Old 09-15-2008, 04:50 AM
Babul
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by trevius View Post
You need the correct .map file for the zone in your eqemu/maps directory. If it is trying to use the new .map file, it won't work properly.
That was I was doing, I run the server with AX DB I have both PEQ and AX on separate directories and two separate DB because I want to see the difference from the two servers. So I also have the maps downloaded for both DB in their directories.

The problem I had on angelox version was that after i renamed the eqg i had LoS problems I tried to run the server on the PEQ DB and the problem is not there.

Strange is that when running AX i used the maps from AX website aswell..

Is just me but I cant see any difference from the two DB AX suppsoed to have more quest but in fact I see less when looking at the file lenght so for now I reverted to PEQ db.

I am looking now at another problem which is some mobs bounch in their Z axis.. like some rats in neriak and some NPC seems to have bad pathing and end in water..

Is there something i miss?
Old 06-27-2013, 03:53 PM
ramses9721
Fire Beetle

Default lavastorm nektolus and arena

bah bah grrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Last edited by ramses9721; 06-27-2013 at 03:58 PM.. Reason: just want to delete this
Old 06-27-2013, 03:57 PM
ramses9721
Fire Beetle

Default just a quote

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramses9721 View Post
delete arena.eqg arena environment emitters lavasotrm.eqg leave the emitters alone on that one and then nektolus eqg and emitters the emitter file looks like the .txt icon like eqhost also it doesn't matter what copy of everquest u use it is one of the many differences between live and eq emulator u can find all of the files on sony everquest or u can search for them on windows search and right click on one and have it show it in explorer
arena.eqg emitters
lavastorm.eqg
nektulos.eqg emitters
Old 06-28-2013, 02:51 PM
Nightrider84
Discordant

Nektulos.emt
nektulos.s3d
Nektulos_chr
Nektulos_chr.s3d
Nektulos_obj.s3d
Nektulos_obj1.eqg
Nektulos_soundbank.eff
Nektulos_sounds.eff

These are the only Nektulos files you need to have in your clients directory to get the zone to work correctly more or less. You still need to do some modifications in the PEQDB under Zone_points. you need to

change the x y z coords from ecommons neriaka and lavastorm and set the client_version_mask to 4294967295 for those 3 zones. Make sure you take out the second entry for each zone so it doesn't try and

zone you to a ghost zone instead of the old. Also you need to go to the doors db to fix the pok book. The entry for nektulos is called POKNRKPORT500 remove the second entry with the same name as this

and change the first entrys x y z coords to right where the pok book is in the old nektulos and change the client_version_mask to 4294967295. Also the ingame map for nektulos is wrong you will hafto

download the original map from http://www.mapfiend.net/map/nektulos/166 thats the correct map to use. Just delete the old map out of your clients maps folder and replace it with the one you

download. If you do all this correctly then when you zone from any zone or use the pok book it will put you in the correct zone and your mob pathing will be fixed aswell. Make sure you click show all in heidisql

so you see all the db entrys or it wont show the extra entrys for Zone_Points and Doors DB.

Last edited by Nightrider84; 06-28-2013 at 03:00 PM.. Reason: More info
Old 08-01-2013, 04:34 PM
fwaits
Fire Beetle

Regarding the map replacement. I see that there are .map and .wtr files for each map in the Maps folder. When you download a map from mapfiend, you get a .txt file.

First question, do you download the combined map with the 3 layers? And second, do you then rename it .map and replace that leaving the .wtr file alone?

Thanks for any help.
Old 08-01-2013, 05:01 PM
lerxst2112
Demi-God

Map files on the client aren't the same as map files on the server. The client files come from Mapfiend, but the server files are created from running azone2 or just downloading them from the svn.
Old 08-06-2013, 12:02 PM
fwaits
Fire Beetle

Thanks, I see the difference now and that makes sense. Appreciate the response.