Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > General > General::Server Discussion

General::Server Discussion Discussion about emulator servers.
Do not post support topics here.

Old 12-20-2012, 11:51 PM
Abbey
Fire Beetle

Default CommonQuest, Now In Beta!

Hello everyone,

It’s been several months since CommonQuest alpha launched, and we have come far since then! Hundreds of characters have been created and tested the content so far and I appreciate the feedback that everyone has given.
The mission of CommonQuest is to provide a classic EQ experience without the grind. Essentially experience and skillups are much faster than classic to alleviate much of the tedium but retain the fun experience of the content.

Here are just a few of the things the server features so far:

Code:
Classic Plane of Hate
Classic Plane of Fear
Many classic drops such as Manastone, Guise, and Jboots
Classic Tradeskills
Original Cazic Thule (Drops rubicite etc)
Classic Nektulos/Lavastorm
Classic Merchants/Loot
In addition to these features many other changes have been made to create a better classic experience. You may box up to six characters currently and there is a beta buffer to assist you. So come drop by sometime and check us out!

Regards,
Abbey

www.Common-Quest.com
Old 12-21-2012, 09:45 AM
nilbog
Hill Giant

Best of luck Abbey.

Bump for classic Norrath.
Old 12-21-2012, 11:26 PM
Abbey
Fire Beetle

Quote:
Originally Posted by nilbog View Post
Best of luck Abbey.

Bump for classic Norrath.
Thanks for the bump!
Old 12-30-2012, 01:00 PM
Abbey
Fire Beetle

Back after a break for Christmas with many planar fixes and updates! You can view the major highlights here and then come check them out for yourself!

See you in-game!
Old 12-31-2012, 06:58 PM
Abbey
Fire Beetle

To celebrate New Year's experience rates and loot drops will be doubled starting at 12 AM EST Tuesday (1/1/13) and ending at 12 AM EST on Monday (1/7/13).

Have fun and happy New Year's!
Old 01-12-2013, 02:49 PM
Abbey
Fire Beetle

Just a quick progress report here. There was a small update last night and the patch notes can be viewed here:
http://common-quest.com/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=1177

Currently working on correcting issues with lower level quests, updating mobs to classic hp and level values, and removing non-classic drops.
Old 02-09-2013, 09:11 PM
Abbey
Fire Beetle

Bump. I hope everyone has a happy Valentine's Day!
Old 02-09-2013, 11:10 PM
thefusz
Sarnak

I'm actively playing on this server, and i will vouche it is an EXCELLENT server. only thing it's lacking is playerbase, but ima stick to it and see what happens.
Old 02-09-2013, 11:15 PM
thefusz
Sarnak

To go into a little more detail, i'v been playin on this server for, a wk or 2 now. and it's had a few people in and out, Abbey is actively also playing, so when i have a question or need sumthing shes there, no waitin time, which is a big plus for me since-how i forgot 90% of the things about eq xD. it's Classic thats also a plus since thats when i first started playing eq. But the difference between then and now is i dnt have that much time anymore, but its ok, cuz the xp rate is increased. i mean u have to kill alot more than 1 mob to get to 50 lol but it also doesnt take u 2 weeks. perfect scale for me. (i work 60+ hrs a week in oilfield). most of the npcs AND their loot tables are working, all spells/skills iv messed with (bard, druid, monk, warr, chanter, mage and cleric. None top lvl jus got on them to test a few things) work perfectly. I'm lovin it, It just needs some players.
Old 02-18-2013, 01:38 PM
Abbey
Fire Beetle

Just a quick update to let everyone know what I'm working on now. Currently I'm using classic data that I found to update essentially every mob in the game (that I have data for at least). My main focus with this is to correct mob HP and return it to classic values. The PEQ database is really far off from classic, and even EQ live in this regard (11 hp skeletons? lol). I have already completed all dungeons (Except Cazic Thule since I'm planning another update for that) and I've completed approximately 25% of the overland/city zones. The dungeon updates are already on the server and you can expect to see the rest of the updates in early March at the latest.
Old 02-26-2013, 01:04 PM
Abbey
Fire Beetle

I've been really busy with school lately but I've been working on the server some. I have been working on some interesting pvp concepts that I may be testing out on the server in the near future. I've also been hard at work on the database too, mostly correcting mob HP and loot (will be released with one big patch).
~Abbey
Old 02-17-2015, 04:10 PM
drelk001
Fire Beetle

This server shut down, I wish it would re-open :/
I spent many months playing on this server, I miss it to me honest :'(

Abbey? please re open the server or make the server files available or something. I miss this server :'(