Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > General > General::Server Discussion

General::Server Discussion Discussion about emulator servers.
Do not post support topics here.

Old 03-05-2010, 07:15 PM
Arturon
Fire Beetle

Default New pvp/pve server in the works.

Hello, I'm a classic Tallon zek player that played on some of the EMU's. Me and some of my old friends are going to take on the challenge of a new classic/progression pve/pvp ruleset legit server. We have a very solid coder and people with good database and some programming knowledge in the group and after looking at the code we are pretty confident we can do what we want with it. We're open to suggestion on finalizing the ruleset, progression rate but here is what we have in mind:

- Box limit of two per IP
- Limited pvp while leveling
- Competitive pvp over raiding and high end item camps (pvp for spawns, no calendars)
- Zero tolerance for MQ, and I mean zero.
- GM's will NOT be players on the server.
- Gradual progression up to velious
- Fash-ish leveling speed (2x or so)
- Most items tradeable such as planar armor
- Coin loot
- Guild based pvp

More specific and less finalized ideas...

Pvp flagging: Dungeons will be hot zones with a high exp bonus, you will be flagged when you enter a dungeon at any level. Outside dungeons there will be little pvp range or no flag at all from 1-48. At 49 everyone becomes flagged at all times except for city zones, city zones would be unflagged at all times. Would need a workaround for leveling in city zones to 50, such as guards give zero exp or have 50k hps ect.

66% pvp dmg nerf for casters -- This was from live but it seemed to work pretty well until late kunark or so at least.

Binding only in city zones. Combined with the above, while limiting to casters would all but elminiate the issues of bind rushing and bind camping.

A good loot and scoot policy will be needed, again I'm up for discussion on this point. I came from tallon and played on tzvz briefly. I understand pvp and have seen the cause/effect of several iterations of the system.

So what do we need? Once we get the DB up, running, and pretty stable we need some testers. We'll have to pour over data to get resist rates where we want them. Also constructive feedback is greatly desired. We are reasonable guys, no decent idea will go unheard.
Old 03-06-2010, 02:42 AM
RiddlN
Fire Beetle

Sign me up for the testing.
Old 03-06-2010, 09:17 PM
fonzorelli1
Fire Beetle

just a suggestion/concern,

i strongly suggest you guys consider limiting the amount of "safe zones" or else your PvP may largely consist of kiddies sitting by the zone lines and jumping out to safety as needed to med/heal.

its always fun to see another pvp server, good luck and keep us updated
Old 03-06-2010, 10:02 PM
blotto
Fire Beetle

I would like to test also.
Old 03-07-2010, 10:05 PM
RiddlN
Fire Beetle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arturon View Post
A good loot and scoot policy will be needed, again I'm up for discussion on this point. I came from tallon and played on tzvz briefly. I understand pvp and have seen the cause/effect of several iterations of the system.
How about an immunity spell from when you die until you until you loot your corpse? It goes away upon casting or attacking, or looting... so you can drag your corpse to a safe spot.
Old 03-07-2010, 11:30 PM
Arturon
Fire Beetle

Well if we force binding to cities and make them non pvp that will take care of bind camping, I'm thinking mostly for when there is a big fight in POH for example. The losers want to get their bodies, the victors want some kind of assurance that those people wont just attack again 5 minutes later. So a sort of zone control/loot and scoot formal policy is needed to define this.
Old 03-08-2010, 03:00 PM
RiddlN
Fire Beetle

I see what you mean. I'm not sure how large your building crew is, or how large the GM base will be - but I'm curious how you might enforce this.
Old 03-09-2010, 01:35 AM
Arturon
Fire Beetle

Well like any system its going to be somewhat player driven. If a guild breaks the rules and re-enters early there will have to be some kind of accountability likewise there should be some sort of honor system for the victor to allow this stuff to happen without causing problems. The basics are pretty standard but more exact rules will probably be left up to the community. At present we have 5 people working on the project.
Old 03-09-2010, 04:22 AM
RiddlN
Fire Beetle

Anything us non-coders can do to help speed up the process? Any ETA when BETA phases will begin?
Old 03-14-2010, 07:16 AM
RiddlN
Fire Beetle

How goes the development?
Old 03-15-2010, 06:56 PM
Sominus
Fire Beetle

Server is up, its on eqemu 8.0. Loot looks good, currently playing around with EXP rates and item tables.

Feel free to try it out.

Club Zek

www.clubzek.com
Old 03-24-2010, 01:33 AM
TheLieka
Developer

Sounds solid; I wish you guys the best of luck.

Dax

Former ServerOp - Vallon Zek / Tallon Zek Emu Server - Legit / Guild PvP - (2007 - 2011 RIP)
Old 04-08-2010, 06:53 AM
Vaklain_Kinvva
Fire Beetle

Default Still up?

Is this server still playable in the beta phase? Can't seem to find it on the server list.

Nvm found it.