Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Quests > Quests::Q&A

Quests::Q&A This is the quest support section

Old 11-29-2012, 02:44 PM
Drakiyth
Dragon

Default Looking to play music that already exists in different zones/areas.

I'm looking to play music that already exists in different zones. Any simple way to do this? I haven't been able to find anything in the quest tutorials.
Old 11-29-2012, 03:03 PM
ghanja
Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drakiyth View Post
I'm looking to play music that already exists in different zones. Any simple way to do this? I haven't been able to find anything in the quest tutorials.
The sounds are in the clients' /sounds sub-directory. Because I find nothing in the source that indicates it's passing the filename of the associated sound to play for the zone, I'm lead to believe it's one of those hard coded (in the client) type of things.

In which case, without testing mind you, you could very likely just take the .wav you want to play and copy/paste/rename it to match the naming convention for the zone you want it to play in.
Old 11-29-2012, 03:38 PM
Uleat
Developer

I'm not sure how EQ handles it, but other games have sound/music 'zones' designated in their map files.

EDIT: Client map files...

Compilin' Dirty
Old 11-29-2012, 03:48 PM
Drakiyth
Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghanja View Post
The sounds are in the clients' /sounds sub-directory. Because I find nothing in the source that indicates it's passing the filename of the associated sound to play for the zone, I'm lead to believe it's one of those hard coded (in the client) type of things.

In which case, without testing mind you, you could very likely just take the .wav you want to play and copy/paste/rename it to match the naming convention for the zone you want it to play in.

Aye, I already have Final Fantasy battle music MP3's that were renamed after the EQ battle music and it worked great. I would do that but the zone I'm trying to get music to play in is the Guild Lobby. You would think sony would of added music to the place?
Old 11-29-2012, 04:14 PM
Secrets
Demi-God

Make a file with the name "guildlobby.mp3" and it will attempt to play music inside the Guild Lobby.
Old 11-29-2012, 04:17 PM
Drakiyth
Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Secrets View Post
Make a file with the name "guildlobby.mp3" and it will attempt to play music inside the Guild Lobby.
Seems easy enough. I'll try that.
Old 08-07-2014, 05:33 AM
drelk001
Fire Beetle

So I am having the same problem, exscept I want to mkae the shire music from the lord of the rings the rivervale music, I took an MP3 of the music and remaned it " Rivervale" and it doesnt play... help?
Old 08-07-2014, 12:34 PM
demonstar55
Demi-God

http://wiki.eqemulator.org/p?Perl_Pl...ce#pluginu-mp3

There is also the required functions for lua, but that's a Perl plugin that uses it.