Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Development > Development::Bots

Development::Bots Forum for bots.

Old 03-16-2015, 07:27 AM
Huppy
Demi-God

Default Insane Bots

This is just an observation while playing with bots on my own server with titanium client. I'm posting this glitch in case anyone wants to know, lol
I created and spawned a group of 4 bots. 2 tanks, 2 clerics, with my new level 1 toon.
First of all, when attacking mobs, (reds and yellows), I noticed their HP bars never went down or moved at all. I didn't look in DB until level 10, but it was showing over 700,000 HP's on each bot.
Just an example, at level 2, bots were doing a full camp of red con orcs at the back of Misty. The only gear they had was a newbie bastard sword and shield on the tanks and one club on the clerics.
Also, not sure if it was intended function, but I could target a mob that was so far away (almost out of site), simply hit my "melee" button and the bots would take off and kill the mob and return, like pets, hahah. I didn't have to move an inch and felt like I was being power leveled.
While they were killing one mob, as long as I left my melee on and kept targeting other mobs within site, the bots would finish their current kill and move to the next target, no matter where it was in zone.
I just sat back, let them slaughter everything and updated them after each level.
Old 03-16-2015, 07:54 AM
dagulus2
Hill Giant

The Hit Points is a known issue, you need to replace the Bot:GenerateBaseHitPoints() section in bots.cpp with this code patch.

Code:
int32 Bot::GenerateBaseHitPoints()
{
	// Calc Base Hit Points
	int new_base_hp = 0;
	uint32 lm = GetClassLevelFactor();
	uint32 Post255;

if ((GetSTA() - 255) / 2 > 0)
		Post255 = (GetSTA() - 255) / 2;
	else
		Post255 = 0;

new_base_hp = (5) + (GetLevel()*lm / 10) + (((GetSTA() - Post255)*GetLevel()*lm / 3000)) + ((Post255*GetLevel())*lm / 6000);

this->base_hp = new_base_hp;

return new_base_hp;
}
Old 03-16-2015, 03:13 PM
Huppy
Demi-God

Quote:
Originally Posted by dagulus2 View Post
The Hit Points is a known issue, you need to replace the Bot:GenerateBaseHitPoints() section in bots.cpp with this code patch.
Hey thanks dag, I'm not too concerned about having all the quirks fixed with bots right now, as I know the development has a ways to go yet.
But this little fix right now will help me with the overall server testing I'm doing. I still have my server/db from a few years back when I put a lot
of work in to the bot spells so each class had all of them (buffs,etc) up until level 85. I still have check out the current bot spells to see what they
have at various levels.
Old 03-17-2015, 10:46 PM
Huppy
Demi-God

That fix did the trick, lvl 1 bot creates with 33-35 HPs instead of 700K+ haha.
I was comparing them with the lvl 1 mercs which come with 87-90 Hp and 20 end, but noticed the bots don't come with an endurance stat.
I peeked in the bots.cpp under NPCType Bot::FillNPCTypeStruct and nothing for end there but rest of stats are there.
Old 03-21-2015, 08:18 PM
lordnivek1
Sarnak

i went to C:\EQ\Source\zone and changed bots.ccp to what is listed above but my bots are still spawning with 700k+ hp. is there a step i need to do after making the change?
Old 03-21-2015, 10:38 PM
Huppy
Demi-God

Quote:
Originally Posted by lordnivek1 View Post
i went to C:\EQ\Source\zone and changed bots.ccp to what is listed above but my bots are still spawning with 700k+ hp. is there a step i need to do after making the change?
Did you recompile the source ?
Old 03-21-2015, 11:48 PM
lordnivek1
Sarnak

no i did not. I will do that in the morning. thank you for the reply.
Old 06-03-2015, 07:22 PM
ionhsmith
Discordant

I did this and recompiled the source but still get negative hp on my bots...
Old 06-03-2015, 08:27 PM
NatedogEZ
Developer

Bots on newest source will have normal HP.. OLD bots created when the bug was around might have invalid data in the database.. and might need to be re-created
Old 06-06-2015, 12:58 AM
ionhsmith
Discordant

I have recreated new ones, I also did a source drop and a source load bots again ... still negative
Old 06-06-2015, 11:04 AM
kimura
Hill Giant

not the sqls, pull the new source code
Old 06-07-2015, 01:38 PM
ionhsmith
Discordant

I did pull the new code and still no changes just like when I try to make a hot key for my clickies it still uses the charm slot on every one ... I pull the new code but it seems nothing that people say is fixed gets changed on my server
Old 06-07-2015, 02:25 PM
dagulus2
Hill Giant

Where are you pulling the code from?
Old 06-07-2015, 02:56 PM
rencro
Hill Giant

Assuming you are using git pull or the like on your code, then are re-compiling said code, then are copying over the new re-compiled executables ect to your server folder, then updating sqls via auto update routine (if required)

Sorry for making vague assumptions.
Old 06-07-2015, 05:31 PM
ionhsmith
Discordant

Yes I am using tortois git... i click on fetch ... it pulls the upgrade... i copy over the Patch_.conf files into my server folder and I update using the auto updater... as far as the recompile do u mean going to cmake clicking on configure and then generate? or going into Visual studios and clicking on build because i have done both and nothing seems to work.