Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Development > Development::Tools

Development::Tools 3rd Party Tools for EQEMu (DB management tools, front ends, etc...)

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-06-2016, 05:49 AM
Shin Noir
Legendary Member

Default EQEMU Patcher

Github Sourcecode Link
My Initial Alpha Release

Yep, yet another one.

I started this because I was tired of trying to figure out why players I group with couldn't get into zones, why their version is seeing human models, and trying to figure out if my vanilla copy Everquest was truly clean and finally once patched, if it's in sync with what the developers wanted me to see.

What am I doing differently?

I'm working on a way to MD5 Checksum every single critical file of every client version so if your files are out of sync, you are at least informed of it. I'm debating to what level I'll allow users to download client files (Feel free to give me input about this, and what extent I can offer files).

Oh, it's also open source for the patcher, meaning you're free to help fix bugs or take over the project later.

When I mentioned what I was after, Akka noted that the previous launcher hasn't been updated in a while, and the source code isn't available to him, so on top of the above situation, I may take the process the previous one was offering with server-based files in an easy to access patcher.

How can I help?

Note that my alpha is READ ONLY, and will not modify or affect any files

Post a reply in here if you enjoy this direction. You can also check out my alpha release, and follow the directions it shows.
- I'll try to guess your eqgame.exe version, if I fail, it'll give you a md5 i'd love to see along with your client version
- I have a scan option, where I scan every file in your EQ directory and md5 it, and ask you to toss it to my github issue area for me to process. (Issues Link Here)

Thanks for your attention.

~Shin Noir
DungeonEQ.com

Tags
eqemu patcher