Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > General > General::Server Discussion

General::Server Discussion Discussion about emulator servers.
Do not post support topics here.

Old 01-09-2018, 02:46 PM
gravystain
Fire Beetle

Default NO DROP Server

Just curious if there's any community interest in a NO DROP only server. I've always wanted to see a server where any named mob loot was NO DROP to encourage a wider diversity of classes played and a more group oriented server to achieve a persons goals. I just think it would be fun to see groups doing harder content during the mid to lower levels for some actual reward that they cant just wait for a high level solo class to farm with ease and put on the market for them to purchase. It always made me sad to play warriors and rogues and only level in "safe "grouping spots on crocodiles in oasis or animals in OT and players never get a chance to work together through some of the lower end dungeons that are really cool and intricate.

Just a thought.
Old 01-09-2018, 03:09 PM
Shin Noir
Legendary Member

it'd be one DB command away to make happen.

~Shin Noir
DungeonEQ.com
Old 01-09-2018, 09:39 PM
The_Beast
Discordant

Not sure if that would be a popular idea, but I personally would welcome anything that would encourage players to group. I played on
a few different ones with more than enough toons on there to form groups, but nobody was interested. They were all solo players. But
even on P99, tons of "auctions" spamming the channels in ecommons tunnels, from toons standing around playing a plat game instead
of EQ. No Drop/No Trade (on all servers) would fix that in a hurry, lol :P
Old 01-10-2018, 04:36 AM
ChaosSlayerZ
Demi-God

Even in no drop environment - people can still sell/camp loot and sell it off the corpses.
Alternatively - there will be ton of freebies, when low levels/alts/twinks get raid loot because no one needs it.

IMHO, req levels on all gear is the only way to insure no twinking, but most items should still be tradeable, other than say raid loot.
And to encourage people to get it yourself - gear has be to reasonably obtainable - which wasn't the case with original EQ. In pre-Kunark any stat gear was ridiculously rare. The worst part was that on one hand gear was hard to come by, while at the same time some items were ridiculously powerful. For example GBS, effectively raid quality loot was dropped by lev 16 npc. So in early days EQ you were either - super lucky or super naked, with no middle ground, and that's why it was MORE efficient to farm plat and buy it, rather than "get it yourself".
Old 01-10-2018, 12:41 PM
Maze_EQ
Demi-God

I implemented Bind on Pickup/ Deattuning.

It creates a system where loot can be picked up by a bank char and people pay plat or currency to deattune it.

by I, I mean Secrets, and by Secrets, I mean bae.

If I ever do another server I may implement a system where your loot is virtual so it doesn't take up bank space.

Say, if kill Mob X and it drops Item Y, you get a flag that basically says you now have (1) Froglok Bonecaster Robe, you can either summon it yourself, or be transferred to anyone for a certain price, all while every item remains no drop.

Old 01-10-2018, 01:15 PM
gravystain
Fire Beetle

I've just played EQ and these EMU servers for a long time and the one thing I always noticed is that nearly every person I play with makes a Druid, Shaman or pure caster as their main and all they seem to want to talk about is the gear they plan on farming for their shadow knight or ranger "alt". I just think NO DROP only on boss items would clear out the camping of these bosses for groups that actually want the exp and loot. I'd like to see every item that is crafted be tradeable as well as any "random" drop chance item. Orc fang/cougar claw earrings, forest loops, seb berserker cloaks etc. My goal isn't to stop twinking or remove the economy so much as it is to encourage people to group and play the class they actually want to play from an earlier level. I think this would still leave a large economy for people to shop from and reduce the super twinking without completely removing twinking from the game. I'm sure people would find loop holes to sell loot but it would still make it a lot more difficult for your average loot farmer and maybe a set of server rules could discourage this even further. Just thinking out loud!
Old 01-10-2018, 09:09 PM
The_Beast
Discordant

Just noticed, (today), there is an updated commit in the source code, for a rule to allow trading no drop items to pets.

https://github.com/EQEmu/Server/pull/692