Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > General > General::Server Discussion

General::Server Discussion Discussion about emulator servers.
Do not post support topics here.

Old 03-02-2020, 02:22 AM
Mortykins
Hill Giant

Default Response : Box army guy flame

Dear Flamer

Look dude, as a server op , and as any server op can probably agree. We aren't coding this shit to cater to Box Army's in fact all we are doing is going in and creating content harder than the last thing slowly. So pretty much the trends follow what we design (players want to box armys they box armys!) , (If they decide to play a bunch of necros or warriors so be it) , all we are doing as server operators is doing our best mind you. I run the oldest active eqemu server on the planet and for god sake it's not super simple , we just create stuff a tad tougher than the last thing lol.

Perhaps if you had a few years or more running a server you would know this.

Jordan "King" Mortenson
Old 03-03-2020, 04:50 PM
GM Ash
Fire Beetle

I heard they're developing a vaccine for box Army IRL!

It may prevent cervical cancer in men, and even stop diarrhea if you don't know one gender from another... that or make them stupid... or kill them.

Mmmmm... modern medicine... who needs NATURAL HERD IMMUNITY?!

/hug Mort
Old 03-10-2020, 09:18 PM
Nerdgasm
Discordant

Coming from a server OP, I don't cater to boxers. You can two box on my server that's it. And even two boxing might be too much, as you have potions and shit to keep yourself alive, you wanna box an army, as Mort said, build a server yourself. Super easy to do, infact Aka has a one click install (or basically 1 click), and you can edit NPC's to match the HP you want, damage you want, and all of that, super simple...
Old 03-11-2020, 01:48 AM
Huppy
Demi-God

Server Dev: "I made a new server, just the kind of server I wanted."

Player: "WTF ? Forget about YOUR happiness, you're supposed to be making that server for ME !!"

Server Dev: "Some people will indeed go to a job they hate, for a paycheque. What's in your wallet?"
Old 03-23-2020, 08:35 PM
Nerdgasm
Discordant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huppy View Post
Server Dev: "I made a new server, just the kind of server I wanted."

Player: "WTF ? Forget about YOUR happiness, you're supposed to be making that server for ME !!"

Server Dev: "Some people will indeed go to a job they hate, for a paycheque. What's in your wallet?"

Nothing now because of the F*cking quarantine, nah, unfortunately I am a essential employee, someone has to keep the transit screens running...