Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Support > Support::Windows Servers

Support::Windows Servers Support forum for Windows EQEMu users.

Old 07-15-2016, 09:00 AM
Malvolio
Fire Beetle

Default Lavastorm NPC issue only (zoning is ok)

So I have been trolling the forums and online help been using Googlefu for all my problems and thanks to you guys a complete and total newb set up a functioning local EQemu server.

Thanks to the help found here I also solved the 1st issue I had that was zoning into lavastorm. The next problem I am having is that all lavastorm NPCs are under the world alive and well casting spells but can only be reached by #goto.

I google-fu'd the crap out of the lavastorm but I keep finding references to my client instead of my server. Repeatedly being told to .bak my lavastorm.eqg however I do not have a lavastorn.EQg in my Titanium Install directory. I have also tried removing all lavastorm files and putting them back to no avail.

I believe the problem may stem from my client being set up for Project 99. My lavastorm is in vanilla form visually at least that I know just from having played back in 99 but the NPCs may have a different location based on the peq database I have.

Having 0 knowledge about the peq database I got from the very cool automated install I am unsure how to proceed.
Old 07-15-2016, 09:43 AM
N0ctrnl
Discordant

So, uhh, the first thing you need to do is get a fresh copy of the client. Using a P99 client is going to cause you all sorts of problems.
Old 07-15-2016, 09:46 AM
Malvolio
Fire Beetle

What I thought may have been the issue square 1 is not a problem in the least thank you for the quick reply

**update going back to EQTitanium went without a hitch and it appears the NPCs for this database are for the new version of Lavastorm. Now however I have the new version of Nektulos and who knows how many other zones that being said Nektulos had proper NPC placement if memory serves so perhaps .bakifying EQGs for that will work.

***Edit 2. New Lavastorm or 0 npcs and no najena, Old Nektulos EQM and Environmentalemitters closer to vanilla

Would love to get my hands on a more vanilla database

Tags
automated, lavastorm, npc