Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Support > Support::Windows Servers

Support::Windows Servers Support forum for Windows EQEMu users.

Old 07-11-2020, 08:24 PM
HazardNumberSeven
Fire Beetle

Default My Dream Server

Hello fellow EverCrack nerds,

I played EQ from vanilla to PoP and my favourite server was the Sullon Zek server.

I would love to host a server, even if only a small group of friends and I play on it. I wouldn't care, as long as it existed.
My dream server would have the Sullon Zek ruleset and only include the expansions up until Shadows of Luclin.

I've tried to wrap my head around setting up a server before and it's just too much for me.. When it comes to computers, I just play games.. I don't know anything about anything.
Is it possible for me to create this server of my dreams, and if so, is there any easy/short-cut way to do it? Maybe some program someone's already made where I can just toggle things on and off and fiddle with stuff?

Thanks for reading. Didn't know who else to turn to. It really is a dream of mine and I'd be willing to devote many years to running this thing, if only I knew how to actually make it exist.
(http://web.archive.org/web/200206051..._rule_sets.jsp) - Here are the old rulesets in case anyone was having trouble remembering. Sullon Zek is down the bottom.
Old 07-12-2020, 02:43 AM
Thalix
Sarnak

Short answer: no. If you don't know anything about computers, networks and databases, no chance.
Old 07-12-2020, 08:18 AM
atrayas
Hill Giant

You can always learn. I did not know jack about any of this stuff back in 07 but I learned. Google how to set up a virtual machine and use akkas repack to start learning. As you dig into it more and more you will slowly learn how it works.
Old 07-12-2020, 03:52 PM
Uleat
Developer

Our Discord server is full of channels to get more information and to speak with people in real-time

Compilin' Dirty
Old 07-15-2020, 03:17 AM
HazardNumberSeven
Fire Beetle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thalix View Post
Short answer: no. If you don't know anything about computers, networks and databases, no chance.
Okay. Thank you for the blunt and honest response. I will keep dreaming of the past, and be hopeful that maybe a real MMO comes out some day.
Old 07-20-2020, 12:54 AM
Nightrider84
Discordant

Don't be discouraged, because its not as hard as you would think it is to setup a private server.

It does take sometime to learn how to do things and there are a lot of guides on how to do it.

Akkas Repack is easy to use to setup a server.

Personally I use my server on a laptop that's just a single core machine and 4 gigs of ram.

Works fine up to at least 50 people online at once with bots.

So if you have a laptop laying around just wipe and do a clean install of windows 10 and just sit and work at it for a while.

If you need some specific help definitely go on the discord channel.

I would recommend using a SSD for the HDD if you can, will make stuff go alot quicker and load times will be shorter.

And no you can't really toggle stuff on and off but you can change stuff using HeidiSQL like xp rates MOTD ect in the database.