Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Support > Support::General Support

Support::General Support Post all topics here having to do with errors while trying to connect to an EQEMu server but not about the setup/running of the Server itself.

Old 12-01-2009, 04:22 PM
Sneglur
Fire Beetle

Default Freezing up on zoning

Just starting playing on EZ server and most of the time when I zone it freezes up or ten minutes later it zones. I am on dsl and have a comp that can handle EQ any suggestions?
Old 12-02-2009, 12:40 PM
tmoney2983
Sarnak

i play on the same server and am having the same problem, tho i would take a guess that mine is do to an old computer------>

HP Pavilion 750n
1.6GHz Intel Pentium 4 Processor
512 MB Ram
GEForce FX 5200 Graphic Card
Roadrunner HS Internet 100MBPS

but if not any help would be appreciated
Old 09-21-2010, 10:08 PM
dlc
Fire Beetle

I too have a serious zoning problem that makes this really great service unusable. When using my home DSL, I'm lucky to enter a zone once and if I do, it will most certainly freeze within a few zone changes.

I'm convinced after extensive testing of different computers with firewalls disabled, and once on another network, that either my ISP (AT&T DSL) is causing the problem, or my modem/router/firewall has some filters that it won't let me disable.

Can someone please give me some information on what ports/protocols or whatever might be involved so I can <ugh> discuss this with The Behemoth AT&T?

I'd be happy to entertain trying something new that makes sense based on the symptoms and all the stuff I've already tried, summarized below.

Thanks in advance for your help. I reeeeeally want to play on Project 1999 pretty badly.

Lou

Here's the summary:

SYMPTOMS: My client will eventually freeze while crossing any zone, often when I first try to enter the world, but if I successfully enter that first zone, it will usually freeze during the 1st, 2nd or 3rd zoning attempt. It apparently loads the local zone files but continues to display the Kobold screen and plays the music, no longer accessing the drive. Once or twice it zoned after 10 or so minutes. I seldom wait that long, but I have let it go for over an hour several times without success. Since I know that the char always makes it across the zone, I assume it's hanging because it is waiting to accumulate server data packets on the new zone environment that are just not coming, or are arriving at a verrrrry slow pace.

SERVERS: All three that I have tried have shown this problem. Project 1999, EZ Server, The Hidden Forest. The ping time has varied from 80ms to 200ms and the only difference there was lag when playing. This makes sense since zoning should not be a very interactive process.

PLATFORM: Five different computers spanning three different intel and two different AMD CPU's from 1.2GHz single core to 2.6GHz Quad core, 4 computers are XP and one is Win7. I get the exact same zoning problem in every case.

TROUBLESHOOTING: This happens on all 3 servers I've tried and with my router and Windows firewalls completely by-passed. Windows firewall was simply disabled and the computer was put in the router's DMZ and all of the attack filters that I had access to were disabled.

The only thng that fixes the problem is if I use the network at my workplace, during lunch, of course .

It's possible that my router/firewall has some filtering that I cannot disable, but I doubt it, so naturally, I'm convinced that my ISP (ATT&T Wisconsin) is causing this somehow.
Old 07-25-2011, 04:23 PM
Aryliusmaximus
Fire Beetle

Unhappy problem with trying to log in server

I've been trying to run p99 and i'm using everquest underfoot expansion i pick the ez server and click play everquest and it sits there black i can still move the everquest mouse cursor i waited 10 minutes or so but nothing happens i need help to solve this problem.
Old 07-26-2011, 02:05 AM
trevius
Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aryliusmaximus View Post
I've been trying to run p99 and i'm using everquest underfoot expansion
P99 does not support the UF client. It should work fine for EZ though. The FAQ in my sig may be of some help, and the playguide on the wiki here also has a link to help you determine if your client is the correct version for EQEmu or not. If you have patched at all to Live, it won't work.