Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Support > Support::General Support

Support::General Support Post all topics here having to do with errors while trying to connect to an EQEMu server but not about the setup/running of the Server itself.

Old 07-30-2011, 09:26 PM
onecrazy88fan
Fire Beetle

Default freezing at log in screen

Hi all.. I'm new to the emulator but an old-time EQ player. I am having trouble logging in. I have loaded my old Titanium disks and did not patch. I made the correction to the eqhost file and moved the files indicated. I also downloaded the zip file and installed those into my EQ directory. I fixed the shortcut to have "patchme" on the end.
When I launch the program, it goes through the initial screens to the login screen. I type in the username and password that I registered with EQemulator and the program freezes. I can move the mouse, but I can't shut it down without re-booting.
I am using Windows 7 64-bit and have an AMD Athlon II processor. My video card is an NVIDIA GeForce 6150SE nForce 430. I have 2 gigs of RAM.

Any clue as to what the problem may be?
Old 07-30-2011, 09:31 PM
killinyousoftly
Fire Beetle

try to run through the settings and change resolution and such might help...
Old 07-30-2011, 11:26 PM
onecrazy88fan
Fire Beetle

Didn't seem to make any difference. Somebody please help. I WANNA PLAY!! LOL
Old 07-30-2011, 11:32 PM
killinyousoftly
Fire Beetle

Download starteq.bat from FileFactory.com

download this file...make a shortcut to it to launch game and try again.
Old 07-31-2011, 12:02 AM
onecrazy88fan
Fire Beetle

Downloaded and ran it, but nothing. It still just hangs up at the login screen. No messages, nothing. Have to reboot to clear it.
Old 07-31-2011, 12:47 AM
Dunge0nMastr
Hill Giant

are you playing in fullscreen mode? maybe go into your ini file (or is that done with the options exe? cant remember exactly) and try running in windowed mode - ive heard alot of people having problems with win7 and full screen.
Old 07-31-2011, 07:48 AM
onecrazy88fan
Fire Beetle

I was in full-screen mode, but it is now windowed thanks to the installation tool by Duxa. However, I haven't been playing because I can't even get to the server select screen. When I try to log in to the game itself, it just sits there and does nothing.
Old 07-31-2011, 10:54 AM
onecrazy88fan
Fire Beetle

Well, I tried turning off the firewall on my anti-virus and turning on Windows firewall. I then went in made an allowance for EQ in the Windows firewall. Still nothing. I type in my "Station Name" and password, and it's freeze-ville. It does say at the top of the window "not responding".
Old 07-31-2011, 12:39 PM
onecrazy88fan
Fire Beetle

I had to uninstall it. Something I did trying to make it work caused my PC to crash every time the internet connected, so I had to do a System Restore. If anyone sees anything that makes them think "Oh, yeah!" please let me know. I still really want to play but not at cost of all this aggravation.