Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Development > Development::Tools

Development::Tools 3rd Party Tools for EQEMu (DB management tools, front ends, etc...)

Old 03-12-2008, 11:52 AM
Richardo
Banned

Default World Crash Rebooter

(This one owns the one I wrote, it is by nosfentora.)
Quote:
Originally Posted by nosfentora View Post
Updated links, heard they were broken

Source:
http://70.183.172.217/EQTools/EQEmuTools.rar
Binaries:
http://70.183.172.217/EQTools/Release.rar

I've put together an auto-crash killer and auto server-restarter. It's written in VB.Net and seems to work fine. Here's the source and win32 binaries

The crash-killer should close any crashed window - whether or not you have a debugger installed.

The server restarted can be set to restart your server periodically, or stop and start your server with one click.

The only thing it needs is to know where your .bat file for launching the server is. It can be installed in any directory.

Here's the .bat I use:

@echo off
cls
echo *** CLEARING OLD LOGS ***
del "C:\EQEmu\logs\*.*" /q
echo *** STARTING EVERQUEST WORLD EMULATOR ***
start world.exe
ping -n 15 127.0.0.1 >nul
echo *** STARTING EVERQUEST ZONES ***
start eqlaunch.exe static
start eqlaunch.exe dynamic
exit

Feedback is greatly appreciated!

Last edited by Richardo; 11-07-2008 at 02:08 AM..
Old 03-12-2008, 11:20 PM
trevius
Developer

That is awesome! My world.exe never crashes, but I am sure this will be handy for many that might have lesser stability.

Do you think you could make one that restarts the world.exe on a timer? To have it close out the existing one and start a new one? And if possible give a 30 minute warning countdown in game? I am able to deal with daily server reboots manually to keep mine running in tip top shape, but lower maintenance is always appreciated Plus, that would be extra handy when the server owner goes on vacation for a week :P If you run a windows server, it would probably be unplayable after a week of heavy play.

Just a thought for something extra if you had time. I don't think it is in high demand, but if it wasn't much change from this app, it might not be a bad additional program to have

Last edited by trevius; 03-13-2008 at 07:22 AM..
Old 03-13-2008, 12:40 AM
cavedude
The PEQ Dude

I actually purposely kill the world process every now and again on TGC when it starts acting up. We have a world auto-restart built into our script (running Linux) so no need to worry about that. The cool thing is when world goes down, really the only people who get disconnected are the ones zoning. For the most part, it's business as normal for everybody else except for the zone reconnect spam.

It isn't just Windows servers that are effected by heavy load and such, Linux boxes have the same issues though not as bad I think.

This is a great tool for Windows users, though. Mind if I add it to the next version of the Installer?

Last edited by cavedude; 03-13-2008 at 08:43 AM..
Old 03-13-2008, 04:42 AM
Richardo
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by trevius View Post
That is awesome! My world.exe never crashes, but I am sure this will be handy for many that might have lesser stability.

Do you think you could make one that restarts the world.exe on a timer? To have it close out the existing one and start a new one? And if possible give a 30 minute warning countdown in game? I am able to deal with daily server reboots manually to keep mine running in tip top shape, but lower maintenance is always appreciated Plus, that would be extra handy when the server owner goes on vacation for a week :P If you run a windows server, it would probably be unplayable after a week of heavy play.

Just a thought for something extra if you had time. I don't think it is in high demand, but if it wasn't much change from this app, it might not be a bad additional program to have
I'll work on that right now. It sounds like a really fun project.

Cavedude: If you think my software is worthy, I'd be honored.

Last edited by Richardo; 03-13-2008 at 07:50 PM..
Old 03-23-2008, 09:32 AM
Richardo
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by trevius View Post

I'm almost done with this tool for you. It will actually telnet into your server... send a message to everyone telling them the world will shutdown... then after that grace period timer ends.. it will end the world process and restart it. All of the timers are completely customizable as well as the emote it sends out to the players (including the color of the emote). All customizations will be done through a single config file (Timers run by milliseconds 1000 = 1sec 60000 = 1minute etc... Maximum that you can run a timer is 1 week.).. I just need a tester to test this script for me.
Old 03-23-2008, 09:57 AM
trevius
Developer

Woot, sounds very awesome! I wouldn't mind giving it a test run if you need I know for sure that this will help when Admins need to go away for the weekend (yes, it happens)!

One more question; Will this tool restart the world server automatically after a #worldshutdown is issued? Are both the reset on a timer and the crash restarter combined together in the new tool? This way, guides or GMs on the server can restart it anytime it needs one. I have a GM account on another server other than my own and could have definitely used that option over this past weekend. If I could have just don't a #worldshutdown and it would automatically restart, it would have helped server performance there considerably while their GM was away. So, does the crash restarter only work on a crash, or anytime the world server is shut down?

I notice that you mention it watches for "World.exe has encountered an error". And I am not sure of the message given if it is shut down with the #worldshutdown command.

Thanks for all of your work on this. I am sure it will be well appreciated by both server admins and players
Old 03-26-2008, 06:00 AM
Richardo
Banned

Well I can do many things... Right now it waits for an error, closes the error and reopens world. I could code a guide world rebooter/zone rebooter in 20 minutes if you want. I'll encorperate them all into a large pack and let you select which ones you want enabled.

Last edited by Richardo; 03-26-2008 at 02:02 PM..
Old 03-26-2008, 07:35 AM
trevius
Developer

You are the man! With a tool like this, I think options are the key. With the ones you have planned so far for the package, I think it should be a pretty complete tool that any server admin would find useful when it is needed.

Thank you!
Old 08-31-2009, 11:57 AM
nosfentora
Discordant

Re The broadcast error:

1) your eqemu_config.xml must have this line enabled:

Code:
<tcp ip="127.0.0.1" port="9000" telnet="enable"/>
2) the port in the ServerTender config needs to be 9000 (or whatever you use in step 1)

3) your username and password need to be the same as what you use to view the http management page (defined in your account table).
Old 09-01-2009, 08:18 AM
nosfentora
Discordant

welcome and let me know any bugs / errors you run into.
Old 09-01-2009, 02:59 PM
nightsta69
Hill Giant

hey me again. again I want to thank you for a wonderful app, I have a few things i've noticed that might be out of place, maybe just needs updating again Idk.

1. rules aren't showing up on the rules tab. I have it config'd for it to show them, but they just aren't showing up.

2. I started tinkering with the auto compiler, and had it compile, but after it compiled and restarted the server, I was my zones were failing to launch. wish I had the screenie for it, but unfortunately I forgot to get it before tryin to fix it. I recompiled under VS2008 and its working fine now. dunno if that was the apps problem or a fluke.

3. after it did the compile I was tryin to get it to update the binaries but it would crash when attempting (see code block below). basically it tries to move the new biniaries to the eqemu folder, but its trying to pull from svnroot/build folder, but the route to the new biniaries is svnroot/trunk/eqemuserver/build. don't know if you are aware of that or not. this causes an unhandled exception, cause it can't find the build folder, and crashes the app. I Just unchecked update binaries and conf and ran eqemu from the build folder, and it works good enough. just thought you should be aware of that.

output from debugging
Code:
'ServerTender.exe' (Managed): Loaded 'C:\Windows\assembly\GAC_32\mscorlib\2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089\mscorlib.dll'
'ServerTender.exe' (Managed): Loaded 'C:\Users\Public\New Folder\source\trunk\EQEmuServer\Build\ServerTender.exe'
'ServerTender.exe' (Managed): Loaded 'C:\Windows\assembly\GAC_MSIL\Microsoft.VisualBasic\8.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a\Microsoft.VisualBasic.dll'
'ServerTender.exe' (Managed): Loaded 'C:\Windows\assembly\GAC_MSIL\System\2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089\System.dll'
'ServerTender.exe' (Managed): Loaded 'C:\Windows\assembly\GAC_MSIL\System.Windows.Forms\2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089\System.Windows.Forms.dll'
'ServerTender.exe' (Managed): Loaded 'C:\Windows\assembly\GAC_MSIL\System.Drawing\2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a\System.Drawing.dll'
'ServerTender.exe' (Managed): Loaded 'C:\Windows\assembly\GAC_MSIL\System.Configuration\2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a\System.Configuration.dll'
'ServerTender.exe' (Managed): Loaded 'C:\Windows\assembly\GAC_MSIL\System.Xml\2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089\System.Xml.dll'
'ServerTender.exe' (Managed): Loaded 'C:\Windows\assembly\GAC_MSIL\System.Runtime.Remoting\2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089\System.Runtime.Remoting.dll'
'ServerTender.exe' (Managed): Loaded 'C:\Users\Public\New Folder\source\trunk\EQEmuServer\Build\MySql.Data.dll'
'ServerTender.exe' (Managed): Loaded 'C:\Windows\assembly\GAC_32\System.Data\2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089\System.Data.dll'
'ServerTender.exe' (Managed): Loaded 'C:\Windows\assembly\GAC_32\System.Transactions\2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089\System.Transactions.dll'
'ServerTender.exe' (Managed): Loaded 'C:\Windows\assembly\GAC_32\System.EnterpriseServices\2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a\System.EnterpriseServices.dll'
'ServerTender.exe' (Managed): Loaded 'C:\Windows\assembly\GAC_MSIL\System.Core\3.5.0.0__b77a5c561934e089\System.Core.dll'
An unhandled exception of type 'System.IO.DirectoryNotFoundException' occurred in mscorlib.dll

Additional information: Could not find a part of the path 'C:\Users\Public\New Folder\source\Build'.
4. broadcast works, but then closes the window. no debug info for it, but thats all it does lol.

5. idk if this supports the new ucs, or if the mail/chat server IS the ucs. sorry couldn't find a whole lot of info on it. but if its not, is there a way to update it to support the new ucs for SoF?

6. bots.sql isn't being sourced in when its updated. just another notice, dunno how indepth you were wanting the sourcing to be, but again just another notice.

7. more of a feature request. a way to have it shut down the server before starting the sourcing and compiling? nothing big, but would be helpful for those that have slower systems and can't have both the server and compiler running.

I think thats pretty much it. sorry if its a burden, I just don't want to see such a great app get lost. its very useful, and makes it so much easier to focus on other parts of the server like content, without having to worry about getting the latest svn, or having to get up in the middle of the night and restart the server cause of lag lol.

thanx again.
Old 09-01-2009, 03:25 PM
nosfentora
Discordant

Quote:
Originally Posted by nightsta69 View Post
1. rules aren't showing up on the rules tab. I have it config'd for it to show them, but they just aren't showing up.
i've had this problem too every so often - it's an sql problem somewhere and i haven't been able to figure out where yet - and it's driving me nuts. is the app showing up what db_version and core_version you are running?

Quote:
2. I started tinkering with the auto compiler, and had it compile, but after it compiled and restarted the server, I was my zones were failing to launch. wish I had the screenie for it, but unfortunately I forgot to get it before tryin to fix it. I recompiled under VS2008 and its working fine now. dunno if that was the apps problem or a fluke.
i'll check into that as soon as RL calms down - insane this week!

Quote:
3. after it did the compile I was tryin to get it to update the binaries but it would crash when attempting (see code block below). basically it tries to move the new biniaries to the eqemu folder, but its trying to pull from svnroot/build folder, but the route to the new biniaries is svnroot/trunk/eqemuserver/build. don't know if you are aware of that or not. this causes an unhandled exception, cause it can't find the build folder, and crashes the app. I Just unchecked update binaries and conf and ran eqemu from the build folder, and it works good enough. just thought you should be aware of that.

output from debugging
Code:
'ServerTender.exe' (Managed): Loaded 'C:\Windows\assembly\GAC_32\mscorlib\2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089\mscorlib.dll'
'ServerTender.exe' (Managed): Loaded 'C:\Users\Public\New Folder\source\trunk\EQEmuServer\Build\ServerTender.exe'
'ServerTender.exe' (Managed): Loaded 'C:\Windows\assembly\GAC_MSIL\Microsoft.VisualBasic\8.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a\Microsoft.VisualBasic.dll'
'ServerTender.exe' (Managed): Loaded 'C:\Windows\assembly\GAC_MSIL\System\2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089\System.dll'
'ServerTender.exe' (Managed): Loaded 'C:\Windows\assembly\GAC_MSIL\System.Windows.Forms\2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089\System.Windows.Forms.dll'
'ServerTender.exe' (Managed): Loaded 'C:\Windows\assembly\GAC_MSIL\System.Drawing\2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a\System.Drawing.dll'
'ServerTender.exe' (Managed): Loaded 'C:\Windows\assembly\GAC_MSIL\System.Configuration\2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a\System.Configuration.dll'
'ServerTender.exe' (Managed): Loaded 'C:\Windows\assembly\GAC_MSIL\System.Xml\2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089\System.Xml.dll'
'ServerTender.exe' (Managed): Loaded 'C:\Windows\assembly\GAC_MSIL\System.Runtime.Remoting\2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089\System.Runtime.Remoting.dll'
'ServerTender.exe' (Managed): Loaded 'C:\Users\Public\New Folder\source\trunk\EQEmuServer\Build\MySql.Data.dll'
'ServerTender.exe' (Managed): Loaded 'C:\Windows\assembly\GAC_32\System.Data\2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089\System.Data.dll'
'ServerTender.exe' (Managed): Loaded 'C:\Windows\assembly\GAC_32\System.Transactions\2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089\System.Transactions.dll'
'ServerTender.exe' (Managed): Loaded 'C:\Windows\assembly\GAC_32\System.EnterpriseServices\2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a\System.EnterpriseServices.dll'
'ServerTender.exe' (Managed): Loaded 'C:\Windows\assembly\GAC_MSIL\System.Core\3.5.0.0__b77a5c561934e089\System.Core.dll'
An unhandled exception of type 'System.IO.DirectoryNotFoundException' occurred in mscorlib.dll

Additional information: Could not find a part of the path 'C:\Users\Public\New Folder\source\Build'.
you should be able to point the OPTIONS -> Server Maintenance -> SVN -> Update Source Code field to the correct folder that contains 'Server.sln'

in your case I believe its
'C:\Users\Public\New Folder\source\trunk\EQEmuServer'

No other folder structure has changed, the resulting build should be in
C:\Users\Public\New Folder\source\trunk\EQEmuServer\build

also - make sure you're building RELEASE or RELEASE BOTS!

It looks like you have it pointed to
'C:\Users\Public\New Folder\source'

Quote:
4. broadcast works, but then closes the window. no debug info for it, but thats all it does lol.
The broadcast feature is supposed to broadcast what you type in the box when you hit 'broadcast now', it runs telnet, broadcasts, and closes.
You're not seeing anything in game?

Quote:
5. idk if this supports the new ucs, or if the mail/chat server IS the ucs. sorry couldn't find a whole lot of info on it. but if its not, is there a way to update it to support the new ucs for SoF?
The chatserver checkbox is the new ucs, uncheck the mailserver checkbox and check the chatserver checkbox.

Quote:
6. bots.sql isn't being sourced in when its updated. just another notice, dunno how indepth you were wanting the sourcing to be, but again just another notice.
that's related to #1. try sourcing in a file via command line
mysql -u'username' -p'pass' -h'server ip - usually 127.0.0.1' 'db name' < 'sql_file.sql'

ie

mysql -uroot -pmypass -h127.0.0.1 peq < db_version.sql

see if it works - that's how my app runs the db sourcing - using a batch file (source.bat)

Quote:
7. more of a feature request. a way to have it shut down the server before starting the sourcing and compiling? nothing big, but would be helpful for those that have slower systems and can't have both the server and compiler running.
That's a good idea - i'll work on it when i can!

Quote:
I think thats pretty much it. sorry if its a burden, I just don't want to see such a great app get lost. its very useful, and makes it so much easier to focus on other parts of the server like content, without having to worry about getting the latest svn, or having to get up in the middle of the night and restart the server cause of lag lol.
thanx again.
You're welcome - and not a burden! good feedback is always appreciated!
Old 09-01-2009, 03:38 PM
nightsta69
Hill Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by nosfentora View Post
i've had this problem too every so often - it's an sql problem somewhere and i haven't been able to figure out where yet - and it's driving me nuts. is the app showing up what db_version and core_version you are running?

i'll check into that as soon as RL calms down - insane this week!

you should be able to point the OPTIONS -> Server Maintenance -> SVN -> Update Source Code field to the correct folder that contains 'Server.sln'

in your case I believe its
'C:\Users\Public\New Folder\source\trunk\EQEmuServer'

No other folder structure has changed, the resulting build should be in
C:\Users\Public\New Folder\source\trunk\EQEmuServer\build

also - make sure you're building RELEASE or RELEASE BOTS!

It looks like you have it pointed to
'C:\Users\Public\New Folder\source'

The broadcast feature is supposed to broadcast what you type in the box when you hit 'broadcast now', it runs telnet, broadcasts, and closes.
You're not seeing anything in game?

The chatserver checkbox is the new ucs, uncheck the mailserver checkbox and check the chatserver checkbox.

that's related to #1. try sourcing in a file via command line
mysql -u'username' -p'pass' -h'server ip - usually 127.0.0.1' 'db name' < 'sql_file.sql'

ie

mysql -uroot -pmypass -h127.0.0.1 peq < db_version.sql

see if it works - that's how my app runs the db sourcing - using a batch file (source.bat)

That's a good idea - i'll work on it when i can!

You're welcome - and not a burden! good feedback is always appreciated!
1. under the rules tab all i'm seeing is 1 and default in the left hand box. everything else is empty.

2. no rush, RL always more important then server stuff. unless RL is server stuff lol.

3. sorry my stupidity there. lack of sleep kicking in lol.

4.no what happens is i'll type in what I want to broadcast. it'll broadcast, then the app window closes. its still shows its runnng in processes. but no GUI.

5. ty for clarification on the ucs.

6.will definitely try that. wasn't too sure how to go about that. my skills for mysql is slightly lacking, I know enough to work on content and such, but I mostly do stuff thru navicat, not command line.

7.always glad to help improve and alrdy great app.

if I find more, i'll definitely post it here.

thanx.

edit:: something else I found odd. I manually closed out world and eqlaunch just to see if it would restart, its been sittin for idk, maybe an hour and hasn't restarted them. dunno if you have it programmed only to detect if it crashed, or if it'll detect the windows bein manually closed out as well and restart the windows.
Old 09-01-2009, 04:08 PM
nosfentora
Discordant

Quote:
1. under the rules tab all i'm seeing is 1 and default in the left hand box. everything else is empty.
ahh! so they are loading! i feel better now!

try double clicking on '1' or 'default'.
it only loads them when you double click on them - allows multiple rule sets to be used / managed.

Quote:
2. no rush, RL always more important then server stuff. unless RL is server stuff lol.
thanks! kids =)

Quote:
3. sorry my stupidity there. lack of sleep kicking in lol.
it happens

Quote:
4.no what happens is i'll type in what I want to broadcast. it'll broadcast, then the app window closes. its still shows its runnng in processes. but no GUI.
so the server tender app is closing? sounds like the app is gaining focus and catching the alt + f4 closing keystrokes.
You might want to do what i suggested earlier - open my source, find 'Private Sub BroadcastNow', change broadcast3(msg) to broadcast1(msg) and recompile.
That will use sockets instead of telnet and sendkeys.

Quote:
5. ty for clarification on the ucs.
NP. sorry it was confusing! This was built before the UCS had taken effect and the separate mailserver was removed.

Quote:
6.will definitely try that. wasn't too sure how to go about that. my skills for mysql is slightly lacking, I know enough to work on content and such, but I mostly do stuff thru navicat, not command line.
it's a good skill to learn and not really that hard.

Quote:
7.always glad to help improve and alrdy great app.

if I find more, i'll definitely post it here.

thanx.
thank you!

Quote:
edit:: something else I found odd. I manually closed out world and eqlaunch just to see if it would restart, its been sittin for idk, maybe an hour and hasn't restarted them. dunno if you have it programmed only to detect if it crashed, or if it'll detect the windows bein manually closed out as well and restart the windows.
manually closed meaning...? (the english language is open to such lovely interpretation!)

the app will close any crashed apps, it doesn't restart them if they crash (world takes care of re-starting zones that crash.)

(i know false advertising! the title of this is 'world crash rebooter', and my app doesn't restart a crashed world! That'll be in the next rev when i can - i haven't had a world crash in quite a while so i put that on the back burner in preference to other features)
Old 10-05-2009, 03:53 PM
nosfentora
Discordant

it supports use of static and dynamic zones already. it looks in the launcher table - you can do something like:

In the launcher table:
dynamic 5
static 0

In the launcher_zones table
static halas 7000
static paineel 7001

etc

when you run the app, you will see both 'dynamic' and 'static' launchers listed in under world / chatserver/ mailserver.

is that what you were looking for?