Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Development > EQEmu Operations Center

EQEmu Operations Center Web development tools

Old 10-13-2013, 11:56 PM
Akkadius
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimura View Post
ok, I figured it out...I lost my static ip...lol

fixed and back up :P
thanks
You don't lose your static IP, you lose your public DHCP IP
Old 10-14-2013, 10:10 AM
NatedogEZ
Developer

Would it be possible for something similar to this to be added to the EoC?

Click on X icon and it shows all the IDFILEs associated with that icon. (this example uses base peq icons -> idfiles)

(Mine is kinda noobish .. though )
Hovering the picture will give you the IDFILE (the ones with boxes have IDFILEs associated with them in the base PEQ database)

Used a script to pull 1933 Arrays from the databse..

icon -> (idfile, idfile) ect ect..

Not sure if you are taking requests but this would be really awesome to see on the EoC
Old 10-14-2013, 10:26 AM
kimura
Hill Giant

oh ok, well i set up my static ip from my router guide again and it works now, *shrug* lol thanks akk!
Old 10-14-2013, 04:51 PM
Akkadius
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by NatedogEZ View Post
Would it be possible for something similar to this to be added to the EoC?

Click on X icon and it shows all the IDFILEs associated with that icon. (this example uses base peq icons -> idfiles)

(Mine is kinda noobish .. though )
Hovering the picture will give you the IDFILE (the ones with boxes have IDFILEs associated with them in the base PEQ database)

Used a script to pull 1933 Arrays from the databse..

icon -> (idfile, idfile) ect ect..

Not sure if you are taking requests but this would be really awesome to see on the EoC
Would be pretty simple to add. I will add it when I am working on things next.
Old 10-15-2013, 04:37 AM
Etoc
Fire Beetle

Default Cgnat

Hi all, I just changed ISPs and didn't realize that the new one was using CGNAT, they had the info hidden pretty well but that's beside the point.
After looking around a bit I'm still in the dark as to how or if there is anything I can do about this. I'll find another ISP but in the interim I'm wondering if there is a work around?
Will a VPN get me past CGNAT? I'm working on a server but am a long way of making it public so the latency isn't really too much of an issue.
I can also use SQL commands and Georges tools but this seems like a much better option.
Old 10-15-2013, 05:29 AM
Akkadius
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Etoc View Post
Hi all, I just changed ISPs and didn't realize that the new one was using CGNAT, they had the info hidden pretty well but that's beside the point.
After looking around a bit I'm still in the dark as to how or if there is anything I can do about this. I'll find another ISP but in the interim I'm wondering if there is a work around?
Will a VPN get me past CGNAT? I'm working on a server but am a long way of making it public so the latency isn't really too much of an issue.
I can also use SQL commands and Georges tools but this seems like a much better option.
CGNAT shouldn't keep you from using this - they should be able to adjust your circuit to be able to support such things as needing to direct particular ports for traffic. That is something you need to take up with them.
Old 10-15-2013, 07:12 AM
Etoc
Fire Beetle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akkadius View Post
CGNAT shouldn't keep you from using this - they should be able to adjust your circuit to be able to support such things as needing to direct particular ports for traffic. That is something you need to take up with them.
They should be able to and can from what I understand but at this early stage it is a flat no from my contact with them. Willing to let me go as a customer rather than create a solution that I even said I would pay for. I'm guessing I'll be better off elsewhere anyway
I'll just research VPN and give it a shot.
It does pose a bigger question though, seems from my research that this is going to roll out pretty much everywhere soon under the guise that IPv4 is running out of IP numbers. This may be sort of true but there is other options to controlling us like this, and it looks like ISPs will use this to create another user charge. Only when everyone stands up to them will they buy the hardware for IPv6 and move on, you know how it goes, get everything out of the old hardware before you move to what is out there.
Old 10-27-2013, 06:14 AM
knowom
Discordant

Managed to actually get this setup and working I tried to get AllaClone and PEQ PHPeditor working on my xampp server, but I couldn't manage to make either work right. From what I can see EOC is amazing this is going to make so many things much much easier and quicker. Anyway time for sleep for me, but I'll defiantly be messing around with this tomorrow a lot.
Old 10-27-2013, 05:09 PM
Akkadius
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by knowom View Post
Managed to actually get this setup and working I tried to get AllaClone and PEQ PHPeditor working on my xampp server, but I couldn't manage to make either work right. From what I can see EOC is amazing this is going to make so many things much much easier and quicker. Anyway time for sleep for me, but I'll defiantly be messing around with this tomorrow a lot.
It's definitely incredibly convenient - I use it for several different DB's to manage and I don't have to install anything additional. My only cost of ownership is having to maintain it and develop new stuff :P
Old 10-27-2013, 07:29 PM
knowom
Discordant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akkadius View Post
It's definitely incredibly convenient - I use it for several different DB's to manage and I don't have to install anything additional. My only cost of ownership is having to maintain it and develop new stuff :P
I've had a chance to look it over a bit more it's quite nice it's pretty straight forward from the looks of it. Great job and thanks a lot for making this tool and providing access to it for the community as well.
Old 10-29-2013, 07:55 PM
rlie_0
Sarnak

A few things, I think turned allow remote access OFF, any thing i can do to turn this on?

and B, when using a router do i still use the computers IP Address along with the :3306 at the end to log into this thing? or do i use my modens IP with :3306?
Old 10-30-2013, 12:50 AM
Akkadius
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by rlie_0 View Post
A few things, I think turned allow remote access OFF, any thing i can do to turn this on?

and B, when using a router do i still use the computers IP Address along with the :3306 at the end to log into this thing? or do i use my modens IP with :3306?
Rile - You use your public IP address - this tool is routing over the internet to get to your Mysql server. If you don't know where to find this - you can find it at whatsmyip.org

You will need port 3306 'Forwarded' to your internal machine on your network, however when typing your public in EoC - it is implied that you are using 3306 so you do not need to set it

Last edited by Akkadius; 10-30-2013 at 12:56 AM..
Old 10-30-2013, 12:51 AM
rlie_0
Sarnak

Default Dont think..?

I dont think I set allow remote access when i installed this mysql, everything else now seems to be set in place.

When i attempt to log in it says it cant connect to server / DB

I know my DB name is peq, i know my user name, PW, only thing in question since im behind a router is; IP.Port...I know what my IP address is for the computer I put that in, along with port:3306, still fails to let me in with no idea whats really stopping me im currently stalled out :( Think it might be my modens IP address and not my computers IP address?

Any sugguestions?
Old 10-30-2013, 12:58 AM
Akkadius
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by rlie_0 View Post
I dont think I set allow remote access when i installed this mysql, everything else now seems to be set in place.

When i attempt to log in it says it cant connect to server / DB

I know my DB name is peq, i know my user name, PW, only thing in question since im behind a router is; IP.Port...I know what my IP address is for the computer I put that in, along with port:3306, still fails to let me in with no idea whats really stopping me im currently stalled out :( Think it might be my modens IP address and not my computers IP address?

Any sugguestions?
As suggested in the first post, you will most likely need to create a custom user that can access your database table. Recommended installs have 'root' user connections prohibited from the outside world. You will need a user that can access the DB from the outside world such as mentioned in the first post. I also answered your questions regarding IP:Port on the edit on my post before
Old 10-30-2013, 12:58 AM
Akkadius
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by knowom View Post
I've had a chance to look it over a bit more it's quite nice it's pretty straight forward from the looks of it. Great job and thanks a lot for making this tool and providing access to it for the community as well.
Glad you have found it useful. I've had many many folks using it lately.